Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No wonder its on ITV4..
Should have been channel ITVbore, sure there will be smaller teams that would be better to watch than that crap..
Should have gone to Pens if it's a all Prem tie.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would ITV even dare putting the replay live on telly too!?
My god, that would finish their dwindling football coverage off for good!

Watching that match, I'm so grateful for the progressive football Wolves are starting to play. It's been a while since we've been able to say that. Those two teams were so awful and we look so much better

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
As I said a few days ago. Refs are incompetent and the players are cheats. The ref shouldn't have sent him off and Clyne should have more professional pride than to roll around like he did. And so it goes on, match after match.
Agreed. Hopefully Roy will come out and say it was the wrong decision but I won’t hold my breath.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose good news for us in that CP have another game but looking at the table we've moved way ahead of them and Utd, Toon and Chelsea are our direct rivals now. A few weeks is a long time in football.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Commentary
My god, that would finish their dwindling football coverage off for good!

Watching that match, I'm so grateful for the progressive football Wolves are starting to play. It's been a while since we've been able to say that. Those two teams were so awful and we look so much better
At least the analysis and commentary was good.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
You’d have to think Hodgson is coming to the end at Palace. Playing for a draw against 10 men in a cup game is taking the **** out of the fans.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listen to the pundits in the studio. They keep talking about the officials but what about the Clyne? Not a word about him. That's because they know they would've cheated when they played, and if an Everton player has the opportunity to do it against an opponent they would do it too. Refs are incompetent but the players don't help them. They are a constant hindrance to the refs.

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You’d have to think Hodgson is coming to the end at Palace. Playing for a draw against 10 men in a cup game is taking the **** out of the fans.
I am quite enjoying Roy's post match interviews at the moment. He is becoming grumpier and grumpier, matching the moribund football his team is playing. But it's like he doesn't care any more so he just keeps biting back at the interviewer. Quite amusing all in all. But I agree. They'll have to put him out to grass soon

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defender goes to ground, straight leg, foot above the ball and catches player before bouncing off and touching the ball.
Whether the attacker made a meal of it or not, it is dangerous play according to the rules
There is no chance that is getting overturned.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not even a foul!
He takes the ball, the whole ball , Clyne goes over like he’s shot
I don’t like Everton much but that’s a shocker

I hope it’s rescinded
He catches the player before the ball and had studs showing.
I don't give a monkeys about palace or Everton, but it isn't going to get changed.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ref gave an imaginary penalty to Barca in the 94th minute against Las Palmas. The Barca player was never going to get his head to that and did an impression of a ballerina dancer as he floated through the air. Las Palmas 1, Cheating ****s 2

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't think the DLC challenge was a red. Watching it in real time and watching a replay at full speed I don't think it should be a red. There isn't enough force in the challenge.

When it gets slowed down it looks worse than it was. I don't think it was an obvious error by the referee. I don't think he should have been called to the monitor to look at it in slow motion.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No DCL for three games, no Dwight McNeil for who knows, unlikely to make any signings this window due to FFP, and another pending FFP violation charge.

It’s not looking good for Everton this season.
As soon as McNeil went down injured, I decided they were bang in trouble.
He’s the only one that turned up to Molineux.
Luton are going to have them running scared.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous red. He had virtually stopped sliding when he brushed his shin pad. No force or malice involved. I got the impression a couple of the Palace players didn't think it was a red either.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ridiculous red. He had virtually stopped sliding when he brushed his shin pad. No force or malice involved. I got the impression a couple of the Palace players didn't think it was a red either.

Once again, the overreaction of the player seemed to sway the officials. If all this diving and play acting was eradicated, then the game would be a lot better.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Once again, the overreaction of the player seemed to sway the officials. If all this diving and play acting was eradicated, then the game would be a lot better.
Although no free kick was given at the time by the on pitch ref so can only presume the VAR guy must have basically said “you have got this wrong “ and influenced his decision.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although no free kick was given at the time by the on pitch ref so can only presume the VAR guy must have basically said “you have got this wrong “ and influenced his decision.

There in is the problem with VAR as despite Webb's waffling that Stockley Park would stop trying to re-referee the game when it was not a clear mistake, this has not happened and it has actually got worse.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve only just seen the Calvert Lewin red card and to be honest I don’t know why there’s such a fuss? Yes it’s soft and perhaps a few years ago it wouldn’t have been deemed too dangerous but after seeing some of the terrible decisions we’ve had against us it’s a red no issue. I don’t forget Pogba’s high boot on Neves shin just before Utd scored their winner. I gave up all confidence in VAR following that. It’s the inconsistency of it all that really gets my goat. What’s a foul one day isn’t on another and vice versa.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton are appealing the red card. Good luck to them. I hope they win it, but I doubt very much they will.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton are appealing the red card. Good luck to them. I hope they win it, but I doubt very much they will.
Not a chance!
PGMOL admit that two of their officials were in the wrong!!! Toss pots!!!

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
it’s a red no issue
Sorry but this is utter nonsense.

It's not even a tackle, he's sliding to retrieve the ball. There's no force, he's in full control and he's pretty much come to a standstill before making the slightest contact with the player (can't even really see proof there is any contact). It's the perfect example of what slow-motion can do to a situation and it's an utter joke of a decision.

Last edited:

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry but this is utter nonsense.

It's not even a tackle, he's sliding to retrieve the ball. There's no force, he's in full control and he's pretty much come to a standstill before making the slightest contact with the player (can't even really see proof there is any contact). It's the perfect example of what slow-motion can do to a situation and it's an utter joke of a decision.
I agree and said a few years ago it wouldn’t have been deemed a foul but such is the state of the game now that’s a red. It’s studs up and caught the player. It wasn’t malicious and the rules are crap I agree especially with the play acting too but that’s where we are with the game now. Had Kilman play acted with the butt in the Fulham game the player would have gone. It’s more **** poor officiating.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tottenham finally break down Burnley, but they have made hard work of it.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pedro Porro follows in Tommy Doyle boots with a screamer.

Tottenham Hotspur lead Burnley 1-0 and Fulham beat Rotherham United by the same score line earlier.

Back
Top Bottom