Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Razor Ruddock on TalkSPORT: “VAR is making players cheat. There’s no way that’s a penalty.”

Darren Bent on X: “Disgraceful decision.”
That's rubbish though. It's not likes players started diving when VAR came in! VAR didn't give the pen, it just didn't over-rule it.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole world know it isn’t a pen apart from those two braindead officials

Even Mike dean said no pen!!!

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's rubbish though. It's not likes players started diving when VAR came in! VAR didn't give the pen, it just didn't over-rule it.
True, but VAR has the opportunity to not give penalties when players dive and instruct refs to book those that do.

Right now it is encouraging players to throw themselves to the floor.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
True, but VAR has the opportunity to not give penalties when players dive and instruct refs to book those that do.

Right now it is encouraging players to throw themselves to the floor.
So, take away VAR, do fewer players dive?

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pundits and co-commentators in general are putting me off the game as much as VAR. They all seem to be self appointed judge and jury of every decision made in the game. Instead of just commentating on what's happening. Listening to Neville tonight I'd say he wouldn't last 5 minutes on the pitch as a ref.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, take away VAR, do fewer players dive?
What? I’m not on about getting rid of VAR, I’m asking why can’t it do its job and book those that do. If enough players are getting booked for it and they miss games perhaps they’ll think twice.

What’s the alternative let them carry on? We were told VAR would stop this from happening but they haven’t ruled it out.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
What? I’m not on about getting rid of VAR, I’m asking why can’t it do its job and book those that do. If enough players are getting booked for it and they miss games perhaps they’ll think twice.

What’s the alternative let them carry on? We were told VAR would stop this from happening but they haven’t ruled it out.
OK, the original comment I replied to was quoting Ruddock saying that VAR was 'encouraging diving'. I agree with you, it should be discouraging it, but is failing to, that's not the same as encouraging it though.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
They dive more after initiating the faintest of contact because if there is any contact at all VAR will give it
Well there was tonight, Villa, two against us for a start - all given by the onfield ref and not over-ruled, that's where the problem is. I'm sure there are ones only given by VAR, but none springs readily to mind.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never mind chasing VAR out of the game, it's PGMOL that needs to go!!!
We've only recently gone back to paying for Sky Sports and BT Sports (as it was) again.
I intend to end our contracts as soon as is possible!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The one thing VAR should have been able to stop was diving, but the way they use it has made it no better than before. So bloody annoying :mad:.

Unfortunately, I agree. It seems attacking players have adopted the approach of going down in the box if they feel even the slightest contact, knowing that they get a couple of chances of winning a penalty between the onfield ref and those in VAR and simulation is rarely punished. In the past slight contact may be missed by the ref.

It’s completely broken. It’s supposed to help the onfield ref avoid getting conned by diving, but the way it’s being used actually makes it worse, because refs default to blowing for a penalty in marginal calls, in the apparent belief that VAR will intervene if they’ve been rash. That in turn encourages players to go down in the box more in addition to the knowledge that slight contacts will be visible in the VAR replays.

That’s how it feels anyway.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pundits and co-commentators in general are putting me off the game as much as VAR. They all seem to be self appointed judge and jury of every decision made in the game. Instead of just commentating on what's happening. Listening to Neville tonight I'd say he wouldn't last 5 minutes on the pitch as a ref.
Couldnt agree more. Whatever happened to the unbiased commentators?

NJ Wolves

Reaction score
I think Peter Dury had multiple orgasms during that game. Is he a Liverpool fan?
You must not have heard him during the Man Utd game the other day against Villa. At the end of the game he goes "this a precious night for a sporting institution!!" after losing his mind for every united goal.

Yeah congrats on winning a game at home??

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He didn't last long as a manger either.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I agree. It seems attacking players have adopted the approach of going down in the box if they feel even the slightest contact, knowing that they get a couple of chances of winning a penalty between the onfield ref and those in VAR and simulation is rarely punished. In the past slight contact may be missed by the ref.

It’s completely broken. It’s supposed to help the onfield ref avoid getting conned by diving, but the way it’s being used actually makes it worse, because refs default to blowing for a penalty in marginal calls, in the apparent belief that VAR will intervene if they’ve been rash. That in turn encourages players to go down in the box more in addition to the knowledge that slight contacts will be visible in the VAR replays.

That’s how it feels anyway.
100%

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
rangers are playing kilmarnock today at 3 dont know if its to early for fabio to make the bench

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That Jota dive, almost feel that should sort of action should enable the opposing player to go with a massive two footer all the way through him.

Back
Top Bottom