Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Time To Bring Back Keogh?

M

Mugwump

Maybe with the January window fast approaching we should be looking at bringing back Andy Keogh from Leeds. He seems to be playing better and would offer us pace and movement we currently lack up front. He has scored 2 goals and in the games i saw him, as many as Doyler has this season, and he managed to have shots on target in consecutive games. This proves he is back to his attacking best when he was pulling defenders all over the place with his movement. I think he would offer us much more as Fletchers partner than Doyler currently does. He has got his confidence back and looks a good player once again.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe with the January window fast approaching we should be looking at bringing back Andy Keogh from Leeds. He seems to be playing better and would offer us pace and movement we currently lack up front. He has scored 2 goals and in the games i saw him, as many as Doyler has this season, and he managed to have shots on target in consecutive games. This proves he is back to his attacking best when he was pulling defenders all over the place with his movement. I think he would offer us much more as Fletchers partner than Doyler currently does. He has got his confidence back and looks a good player once again.

And as soon as he makes a couple mistakes at Mol the fans will probably get on his back again & destroy whatever confidence he built up.

The guy should stay with Leeds. If we're going to bring a striker back from loan; it should be Vokes. Offers us a different option than any of our other strikers.

S

Sharples

Mods, can we move this to the drunk thread please?

M

Mugwump

And as soon as he makes a couple mistakes at Mol the fans will probably get on his back again & destroy whatever confidence he built up.

The guy should stay with Leeds. If we're going to bring a striker back from loan; it should be Vokes. Offers us a different option than any of our other strikers.

Vokes doesnt offer us the pace or movement that keogh brings.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have moved on from Keogh and he has moved on from us. I personally think if we can sell him that would be the best outcome for everybody.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you miss the impact SEB had when he came on?

Keogh shouldn't be anywhere near the premier league, chances don't come along often so you can't afford to have him on the end of them.

Championships his level and hope he does well but he ain't good enough for us anymore

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a Keogh fan, and you can't fault his workrate & movement, but he's always going to have certain sections of the crowd on his back as he's not a prolific goalscorer (some are already questioning Doyle's place for much the same reason). The last time I saw him play at Molineux, he looked like he didn't want to be there and was a shadow of his former self. His future lies elsewhere, and I wish him well.

M

Mugwump

Keogh shouldn't be anywhere near the premier league, chances don't come along often so you can't afford to have him on the end of them.

Championships his level and hope he does well but he ain't good enough for us anymore

Maybe you should take note of his performances for Leeds. There isnt that much difference between the top half of the Championship and the bottom half of the Premier League. He looks full of confidence again to me. He has been very effective for Leeds this season. Watching him against Peterboro he scored one, almost won a few headers and had a couple of shots on target. He pulled the center halves all over the place. I for one think he would provide a real alternative to Doyler.

S

Sharples

Thats exactly what Doyle does though, how many goals has he got?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe you should take note of his performances for Leeds. There isnt that much difference between the top half of the Championship and the bottom half of the Premier League. He looks full of confidence again to me. He has been very effective for Leeds this season. Watching him against Peterboro he scored one, almost won a few headers and had a couple of shots on target. He pulled the center halves all over the place. I for one think he would provide a real alternative to Doyler.

:eek: Keogh tearing apart that water-tight and well drilled Peterboro defence? Jesus Christ. Bring him back ASAP.

Big difference between centre backs such as Ryan Bennet, Jay McEveley, Steve Foster, Wes Morgan, Dunk, Chambers, Eardley, Evatt, Harte, Gorkss and the likes than those in the bottom half of the PL teams defences.

P

Penk Wolf

I remember someone starting a similar thread about The Hoff....Now who was that????

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually think he's a decent player but we've moved on and so will he in January.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really liked Keogh when he first got in the team and had high hopes for him but unfortunately he found his level and it wasn't quite good enough. He was like a rabbit in the headlights in the last few games he played for us and I must admit I felt sorry for him. I honestly think he'd poo his pants if Mick recalled him from his loan that's why it's best to get rid asap!

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm with you Muggers. We need him back and playing consistently so that when we start the Championship season next August he'll be firing on all cylinders and we'll be able to get a jump start on the teams around us.

He does offer us something different. Very true.

Polish Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be fair he looked good at first in the Premier League, didn't he? Later on either he had lost form/heart for us or had been found out.

I liked him when he came here, looked an intelligent player. We've moved on though. Sell. Move posts to drunk thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He never seemed to be the same player after he was out for 3 months with an ankle injury in 2010. It was probably that that hit his confidence at first and the rest is history. Kightly is probably in the same situation.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keogh, Vokes and SEB are enigma variations. The each offer something different and on their day they can all deliver that in abundance. Off their day, they can be pants.

MM has to decide between them and I have no idea whatsoever who I would choose.

F

FLEET WOLF

I agree that the Championship is Keogh's level, but in all honesty, that is probably SEB's level as well. Vokes, on the other hand, may yet become a reasonable PL striker.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have moved on from Keogh and he has moved on from us. I personally think if we can sell him that would be the best outcome for everybody.
Last season it was reported we were asking 2 mill for him. I believe his contract is up this summer and if we dont sell him in the winter window he will walk on a free.

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last season it was reported we were asking 2 mill for him. I believe his contract is up this summer and if we dont sell him in the winter window he will walk on a free.
If we sell him it will be for the usual undisclosed fee! reckon £750,000 should swing it!

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keogh will never make the premiership grade. He is a very good championship player, but that is his standard.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It probably did him the world of good to get away from Molineux with the criticism he was getting. Keogh is simply not a 'Wolves' player, Henry and especially Ward have silenced the majority of their critics this season and I just don't think Keogh is capable of doing the same. That's not me having a go at our fans, by the way, I just don't think Keogh can ever carve out a successful future here or hit back at his critics by scoring goals or playing well. Doyle is a similar player to Keogh and easily ten times better, if anything we should be looking for a striker with a bit of raw pace.

Two goals this season dictates he is very much a Championship player, if Leeds want to sign him then we should get rid.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why oh why do we continue on here to sing the praises of such average players? If we as a team are to move on we need to be increasing the quality throughout the squad. if we stay up we certainly need to be moving on AK, Elokobi, Vokes and possibly Kightly and SEB?

M

Mugwump

It probably did him the world of good to get away from Molineux with the criticism he was getting. Keogh is simply not a 'Wolves' player, Henry and especially Ward have silenced the majority of their critics this season and I just don't think Keogh is capable of doing the same. That's not me having a go at our fans, by the way, I just don't think Keogh can ever carve out a successful future here or hit back at his critics by scoring goals or playing well. Doyle is a similar player to Keogh and easily ten times better, if anything we should be looking for a striker with a bit of raw pace.

Two goals this season dictates he is very much a Championship player, if Leeds want to sign him then we should get rid.

Keogh is almost very rapid so he might be able to offer us the pace we need with a bit of training in that area. He has also had a hand in passing the ball to a leeds player who then put in a cross that almost led to a goal so you can see he has creativity in his game. If we do sell him 4 million plus would be his going rate if Carroll went for 35 million.

We have made one grave mistake already selling The Hoff ( whos goals we are missing badly ), not sure Mick would survive as manager personally if he does the same with Keogh. Those 2 goals Keogh scored this season would probably have come in the Newcastle or Liverpool games, meaning he would have won us an extra 6 points. That would be worth bringing him back just for that reason.

J

Jarvo for England

We have made one grave mistake already selling The Hoff ( whos goals we are missing badly ), not sure Mick would survive as manager personally if he does the same with Keogh. Those 2 goals Keogh scored this season would probably have come in the Newcastle or Liverpool games, meaning he would have won us an extra 6 points. That would be worth bringing him back just for that reason.[/QUOTE]

Is this a genuine post? £4m for keogh? I doubt we'll get 4 snack size twixes!
So- we are assuming he scores a couple? Even worst you believe its amazing that he passed a simple ball?
Seriously??????

P

Penk Wolf

Those 2 goals Keogh scored this season would probably have come in the Newcastle or Liverpool games, meaning he would have won us an extra 6 points. That would be worth bringing him back just for that reason.

You've got your maths wrong. If he scored his two goals in both them games he would have gained us 2 points, if he had scored in one he would have gained us 3 points.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keogh is almost very rapid so he might be able to offer us the pace we need with a bit of training in that area. He has also had a hand in passing the ball to a leeds player who then put in a cross that almost led to a goal so you can see he has creativity in his game. If we do sell him 4 million plus would be his going rate if Carroll went for 35 million.

We have made one grave mistake already selling The Hoff ( whos goals we are missing badly ), not sure Mick would survive as manager personally if he does the same with Keogh. Those 2 goals Keogh scored this season would probably have come in the Newcastle or Liverpool games, meaning he would have won us an extra 6 points. That would be worth bringing him back just for that reason.

Can't you go and find some koala's to bother?

M

Mugwump

You've got your maths wrong. If he scored his two goals in both them games he would have gained us 2 points, if he had scored in one he would have gained us 3 points.

Yep, you are correct. That would put us on 16 points, only 10 points away from a European spot.

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think we could possibly win the league with Vokes and Keogh leading the frontline

Back
Top Bottom