Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Time for Price?

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think so. Get back to the side that finished last season with Ojo for Sako.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. Shouldn't have been dropped imo

GBWolf

Reaction score
We need Danny back, except for Stearman there's no one taking command of the team on the pitch. Very disappointing.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
results are better with him in the side that's a fact.

It's more coincidence, and the fact that we had Sako.

If anyone thinks Price is the answer, they're extremely deluded. What would he have done today that affected anything at all?

D

Deleted member 4456

Get him back in. He can't possibly be any worse than what we saw today.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Price before McDonald at the moment. McDonald has gone AWOL on the pitch.

If we can't get the central midfield getting things going we are in deep deep trouble.

We need width but where is that coming from? I am not convinced that RVLP has the nous, guts or ability and Ojo needs time yet (not really a starter).

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No he's not good enough.. Wallace is very close to being fit.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We didn't have a shot on target and your player to solve that is jack $$$$ing price!! Classic

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Price would be an improvement over McDonald on today, but we can't keep chopping and changing in the hope we strike the right formula - that just makes players nervous - and McDonald was good in the week.

We were crying out for someone with a bit of drive to either start in midfield or come on today. Wallace might be the answer and let's hope Saville can step up once he's back to full fitness. I don't really see the point in Price being on the bench, much as I like him: he's not a game-changer nor someone who'll keep it tight if we're 1-0 up in the last ten.

D

Deleted member 4456

Price would be an improvement over McDonald on today, but we can't keep chopping and changing in the hope we strike the right formula - that just makes players nervous - and McDonald was good in the week.

We were crying out for someone with a bit of drive to either start in midfield or come on today. Wallace might be the answer and let's hope Saville can step up once he's back to full fitness. I don't really see the point in Price being on the bench, much as I like him: he's not a game-changer nor someone who'll keep it tight if we're 1-0 up in the last ten.

My granny would've been an improvement on McDonald today. He strolled around the pitch and when things didn't go his way he waved his arms around like a constipated owl. We need a spark.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kmacs playing with an injury, yet again not alone in a below par performance. In fact there was 11 of them tonight.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Really hope Wallace is the dogs $$$$$$$$, as this side needs a massive, massive boost from somewhere.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kmacs playing with an injury, yet again not alone in a below par performance. In fact there was 11 of them tonight.

What injury has he got? I think a number of them are tired and not quite match fit.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack price makes Wolves tick. So much of our play goes through him (when he plays). He and Mcdonald work so well together.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack price makes Wolves tick. So much of our play goes through him (when he plays). He and Mcdonald work so well together.

I agree. Bringing Price back into just shore up the defence and get a bit of confidence back in the team. I like Price, think he goes noticed and fans don't realise what he brings to the team. Not a player who will change a game, but will do a steady job and allow others to play.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Price is good back up but he does not it seems have the ability to dominate in the middle of the park. He is simply an efficient cog in the machine who can keep it simple, keep the ball moving. Coady was brought in for a reason. Whether he will prove to be a real step up we will have to wait and see.But Price is not a saviour (unfortunately). We don't need tinkering we need a couple of quality additions and a return to 4231 by September 2.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What injury has he got? I think a number of them are tired and not quite match fit.

KJ said in his interview he's playing with a bad back and is only 80% fit.. Also said he's happy to play in pain

D

Deleted member 4456

Price is good back up but he does not it seems have the ability to dominate in the middle of the park. He is simply an efficient cog in the machine who can keep it simple, keep the ball moving. Coady was brought in for a reason. Whether he will prove to be a real step up we will have to wait and see.But Price is not a saviour (unfortunately). We don't need tinkering we need a couple of quality additions and a return to 4231 by September 2.

An efficient cog would've been a massive improvement on the ball-losing midfield we had today.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
KJ said in his interview he's playing with a bad back and is only 80% fit.. Also said he's happy to play in pain

He may be happy to play, but if he plays like he did today, that decision should be taken out of his hands.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
He may be happy to play, but if he plays like he did today, that decision should be taken out of his hands.

It's absolutely crazy to go with a semi-fit player and expect him to be effective.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Injury or not I don't think he playing all that different to most of last season.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wolves have won the vast majority of their games when Price has played, so god knows what you are talking about.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need creativity. I like Price but he isn't the answer. Our attacking midfield options are a big problem. No real quality there. The likes of RVLP, Henry, Edwards are just not good enough.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Time for a new owner?

OMG I'm so sorry. I really don't know what happened there.

Something just came over me and I found myself moved by some irresistible force to address what's actually wrong with our club at the moment.

You'll really have to forgive me.

Anyway, back to Jack Price......

So sorry.

M

Mr Wolf

Yeah it's the owner isn't it, all those clubs getting promoted because of the owner not the managers or players. If we had Delia Smith in charge we'd be right up there, or maybe that Kenwright from Everton instead. Was it Pullis & Pardew that have improved Palace or the chairman I wonder.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah it's the owner isn't it, all those clubs getting promoted because of the owner not the managers or players. If we had Delia Smith in charge we'd be right up there, or maybe that Kenwright from Everton instead. Was it Pullis & Pardew that have improved Palace or the chairman I wonder.

The chairman has done a bloody good job at Palace and big money has been spent, Everton are an established premier league club so you cant really compare them to us and Noriwch are doing far better than us and investing more in players and wages for several seasons now.

Chungster

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Back to sleep. It'll be Early Bird time again before you know it.

"If you're happy and you know it...."

M

Mr Wolf

The chairman has done a bloody good job at Palace and big money has been spent, Everton are an established premier league club so you cant really compare them to us and Noriwch are doing far better than us and investing more in players and wages for several seasons now.

You need to give it a rest, you're on every thread on about every single thing. I'm seriously worried about your health.

No they haven't spent loads of money at all, Palaces chairman appointed Warnock & apart from Cabaye haven't outspent any of their money over 3 years, the same for Norwich & Everton apart from Lukaku once never push the boat out.

You need to be solid, compact & hard to beat then introduce your better players. That's got nothing to do with spending £4m on someone, even Brighton, Charlton & Huddesfield know that.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen Iorfa being slagged off, posters happy at Golbourn being dropped and Hause and EEL getting a panning but none are being helped by the lack of organisation and leadership in the back 4. Individually all are good players but as a unit they would never work in a million years. Not a single one of them puts the unit before the individual and when you have that combo at this level you are asking for trouble.

I would take Paul Butler over Stearman currently for example, even someone like Clint Hill over Kortney Hause or EEL...not saying they are better players just they know how to lead a back line at this level. Stearman is a player who needs to concentrate on his own game pretty hard to ensure he doesn't make individual mistakes...watch him during the game he's developed into a perfectly acceptable championship defender - better than someone like Hill - but desperately needs a captain like figure alongside him as do both full backs, whoever plays there.

Our poorest spells have been when Price has been out of the team, I'm not saying he's the saviour but last season having the extra protection plus Sako meant we could afford to make the odd error without getting punished too severely due to weight of numbers thanks to Price's positioning and could play a little more defensively because Sako was capable of creating and scoring even with few options.

The defence has strangely been the worst affected by Sako going and this whole change in shape has done nothing but confuse matters even further.

Until Batth comes back Kenny has some tough decisions ahead. Even when he comes back the questions remain unanswered - without Price we are incohesive and frail, with him we restrict our guile and craft even further.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reason why Mcdonald is struggling is because the isn't another creative spark in the team. We lack creativity. Dropping our only one for a neat and tidy midfielder. It isn't going to walk. Anybody watch the Newport game?

Jacob Butterfield in please.

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No he's not good enough.. Wallace is very close to being fit.
What a pathetic thing to say!!
Our most consistant, reliable midfielder over the past 2 years is not good enough, but a player from league 2 who has never played for us is??

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Price is the answer then we really are in the $$$$. He's a decent backup but is a very limited player.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a pathetic thing to say!!
Our most consistant, reliable midfielder over the past 2 years is not good enough, but a player from league 2 who has never played for us is??

He's been bought from League 2 but there's enough evidence from players, coaches and scouts amassed on him to indicate that he's not a 'League 2 player.' Give him a fair chance, you may find yourself pleasantly surprised.

Back
Top Bottom