Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

This the week the wheels come off?

M

merseawolf

Before the season started people wanted us to be in or around the play off mix ready for a big push after the January transfer window. We are 2nd.

Even if we lose every game between now and January, of course not ideal, we would still be in the mix thanks to our good start. That’s clearly not going to happen but that’s the position we are in.

The one thing we all know is Fosun aren’t afraid to spend money. Come January we will probably sign Jota and Vinagre permanently, sign 2 more loan players of their calibre on loan and we will be ready to absolutely demolish this league.

I am as unconcerned as I have ever been supporting Wolves. I’m eagerly awaiting Jota MK2 come January and I would bet money on it that a couple of TOP players will sign to push us over the line. We are getting promoted, we won’t lose every game between now and January and I still maintain we will get at least 100 points this season. We need to stop stressing and just enjoy what is happening. We will never see us in this league again so enjoy Burton and the like while you can.
Thats more like it

S

ShropshireLad

Before the season started people wanted us to be in or around the play off mix ready for a big push after the January transfer window. We are 2nd.

Even if we lose every game between now and January, of course not ideal, we would still be in the mix thanks to our good start. That’s clearly not going to happen but that’s the position we are in.

The one thing we all know is Fosun aren’t afraid to spend money. Come January we will probably sign Jota and Vinagre permanently, sign 2 more loan players of their calibre on loan and we will be ready to absolutely demolish this league.

I am as unconcerned as I have ever been supporting Wolves. I’m eagerly awaiting Jota MK2 come January and I would bet money on it that a couple of TOP players will sign to push us over the line. We are getting promoted, we won’t lose every game between now and January and I still maintain we will get at least 100 points this season. We need to stop stressing and just enjoy what is happening. We will never see us in this league again so enjoy Burton and the like while you can.
I'm not sure about getting the 100 points but I otherwise get your drift. :cool:

Seriously, I see clubs taking points off each other and 92 points (2 points/game) should be enough to win the league with perhaps 88 being enough to be second.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d sooner it be now than a meltdown ala 2002 or 2009, the latter of which we eventually turned round.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems that we have been sussed out by some teams who know that we tend to give away silly goals under pressure or if they kick us to death. It's up to us to counter that and be stronger. I'm sure Nuno is aware of our weakness on set pieces. We need Boly back asap.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No panicking. Still early days we have saw enough so far to know we are capable of being up their so lets enjoy the Nuno ride.

R

reanswolf

If we lose both these games, we get fully behind them thereafter!

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have Boly, Vinagre, Costa, Ronan, Gibbs White, Norris, Hause, new Striker and full back to all step up if things start going tits up. 1 week doesn't make a season.
The only thing that may go wrong is if we are completely found out and Nuno turns into this stubborn manager who refuses to change, but i believe this system is well suited and he will adapt if needs be.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have to echo the sentiments of the OP - if we fail to win any more of our remaining games then it will be tough to achieve automatic promotion.

Conversely if we in all the games we have left then I'd say we have a great chance.

D

Deleted member 4453

We have Boly, Vinagre, Costa, Ronan, Gibbs White, Norris, Hause, new Striker and full back to all step up if things start going tits up. 1 week doesn't make a season.
The only thing that may go wrong is if we are completely found out and Nuno turns into this stubborn manager who refuses to change, but i believe this system is well suited and he will adapt if needs be.

you could argue, although under completely different circumstances, that we changed when we played Man City.
Incredibly defensive and hit out on the break.
Although I wouldn't like to see these in Championship games, could definitely say Nuno will do what he can to counteract other teams mindsets.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to get at least four points from our next two games.

COYW!!! :):):)

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're not going to win all our games. QPR showed even good players can collectively have bad days. I'd be disappointed but not overly surprised if we lose at Norwich and perhaps only draw with Fulham. Providing we can be in the top 6 at Xmas I'm sure Fosun will bring in some quality support in January to see us over the line come May.

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will have a blip at some point. If its now we just deal with it
We had a blip at the weekend but we have a top manager and I genuinely feel that our squad is packed with quality players as well as strength in depth, so I do not expect us to go on a losing run as we did in seasons gone by. As Ian Botham's tee shirt once famously proclaimed "Form is temporary, class is permanent" and we possess a lot of class.

W

WolfOfWellington

Sharing a coach with Edgy.

For speed and efficiency, he reckons this is a snowflake thread!

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have faith we'll win tonight. Saturday was below par but we bounced back from our previous two defeats this season. I know we lost against QPR but we responded well by equalising after their first goal within a few minutes, and remember against Barnsley when we conceded in the 91st min but still went on to win? This team have bottle and will be hurting after the weekend.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two tough games in a short period of time but that is what the Championship is about. We need to bounce back after the weak QPR performance. I'm expecting a draw but overall it will be a very tight match and yes a second defeat on the trot would be a bit of a downer. We should beat Fulham but again it will be tight. Boly will come back at some point along with Vinagre so that should pep things up a bit and we have N'Diaye replacing the suspended Saiss tonight to also add something different.

D

Deleted member 3518

Sharing a coach with Edgy.

For speed and efficiency, he reckons this is a snowflake thread!

Is he enjoying his malt?

"Snowflake" seems to have replaced "this in spades" as his favourite term.;)

Tell him to get his work/life balance right and make sure he makes it for a pint on Friday, meet in town if better for him.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So can we take it that Nuno had the lug nuts correctly torqued and therefore the said wheels did not come off?;)

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 points a game will get us up as champions. So as long as we win 2 games out of three it doesnt matter what we do in the other one. And if we do have a bad 3 game run, it still needs to have a win and a draw in it.
Roll on a Fulham game, to make it 6 points out of the last 3 games.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we have played all the teams in the top ten apart from Leeds yet only one team from the bottom five. So in theory we have done the first half of the most difficult fixtures.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems that we have been sussed out by some teams who know that we tend to give away silly goals under pressure or if they kick us to death. It's up to us to counter that and be stronger. I'm sure Nuno is aware of our weakness on set pieces. We need Boly back asap.
Wish granted.

They kicked. We dealt with it. They had set pieces. We dealt with them. Boly came back asap. Boly was immense and scored for good measure.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The wheels were about to come off.
But thankfully this season we managed to find a great mechanic who knows how to get the wheels rolling again.
A bit of lubrication. A couple of parts changed.
Also, this new mechanic works on wet Tuesday nights, and he doesn't mind the travelling.
Better than AA.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2634.jpg

My wheels are All-Season...

Back
Top Bottom