Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Theo corbeanu

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I must admit I haven’t watched much of the U23s but my worry about Corbeanu is his decision making which leaves a lot to be desired. Now that could be due to the fact that other players aren’t making the runs or aren’t as good as him but I’ve never felt he was 1st team ready.

having said that I’m doing a mundane job being distracted by the Mix rather than coaching and picking a Premier League team.
Agree about decision making.

forge

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ywd3knou.png

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Needs a loan to Championship or League 1 side before he can or should be taken seriously as Premier League player. I would be worried for Wolves if he was anywhere near the first team next season.

If we're interested in testing players for next season I would have Vitinha or Otasowie involved before Corbeanu.

D

Deleted member 11332

Needs a loan to Championship or League 1 side before he can or should be taken seriously as Premier League player. I would be worried for Wolves if he was anywhere near the first team next season.

If we're interested in testing players for next season I would have Vitinha or Otasowie involved before Corbeanu.

Not sure if you know this but they are central midfielders and Corbeaunu is a winger

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if you know this but they are central midfielders and Corbeaunu is a winger

My comment is that I would prefer to give Vitinha and Otasowie a look before in midfield, even MGW for that matter, before looking at Corbeanu as a forward. I happen to believe if we are looking at using the remaining fixtures to make decisions on players futures those three players come before Corbeanu. If we start with Podence/Jose/Traore then surely Silva would be first off the bench.

D

Deleted member 11332

My comment is that I would prefer to give Vitinha and Otasowie a look before in midfield, even MGW for that matter, before looking at Corbeanu as a forward. I happen to believe if we are looking at using the remaining fixtures to make decisions on players futures those three players come before Corbeanu. If we start with Podence/Jose/Traore then surely Silva would be first off the bench.

I agree, I was just being a *******

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point is though that we‘re short on wide forwards atm, not CMs.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I presume a manager brings a junior player ‘up’ to the first team squad to allow them to feel that they’re progressing in the club, even though he’s not yet ready to play. Maybe gives the player further incentive to work harder and that he’s not forgotten in the lower ranks.
Let’s face it, training and playing for a couple years in the under 23s might get a tad stale.

Last edited:

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point is though that we‘re short on wide forwards atm, not CMs.

I get that. My view is we will replace Neto (or Traore for that matter) with an experienced replacement, so not as bothered about finding out immediately whether Corbeanu is the answer or not. Just my opinion, get why others might disagree.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get that. My view is we will replace Neto (or Traore for that matter) with an experienced replacement, so not as bothered about finding out immediately whether Corbeanu is the answer or not. Just my opinion, get why others might disagree.

No one is buying Neto over the summer with his injury. But I think you're right about a more experienced replacement, or at least I hope so!!

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
ive seen a few people on twitter saying nuno has said something negative about him recently but cant find a quote or an article- any ideas or links please ...would be appreciated

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ive seen a few people on twitter saying nuno has said something negative about him recently but cant find a quote or an article- any ideas or links please ...would be appreciated
Basically said his flicked penalty for the u23 last year was arrogance and that he has a lot to work on with his game.

Nothing out of the ordinary for Nuno - always about working harder on the game

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s put in a string of good performances for the Under-23s, although some fans may know him for attempting a “rabona” penalty in the last 16 of the FA Youth Cup against Chelsea, of all teams, last year. The score was 0-0 at the time. The keeper saved the penalty. Wolves lost 7-0.

Confidence? “I’d say arrogance,” Nuno says when asked by The Athletic about Corbeanu’s attributes, before confirming he “will not” take a penalty if on the pitch for the first team.

“Arrogance is not a good attribute. Theo’s been playing good for the under-23s and been working many sessions with us. He’s a talented player, a lot of things to improve. I think he still has to improve his defensive game, his game off the ball, but with the ball he’s a very talented player. It’s a matter of taking the right steps and making him grow.

“He has very good offensive one-v-one, can use both feet, he has good finishing, but allow me to tell you that’s not the most important part. He has a lot of aspects to improve.”

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing too out the ordinary for Nuno but the use of arrogance is telling for me.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He’s put in a string of good performances for the Under-23s, although some fans may know him for attempting a “rabona” penalty in the last 16 of the FA Youth Cup against Chelsea, of all teams, last year. The score was 0-0 at the time. The keeper saved the penalty. Wolves lost 7-0.

Confidence? “I’d say arrogance,” Nuno says when asked by The Athletic about Corbeanu’s attributes, before confirming he “will not” take a penalty if on the pitch for the first team.

“Arrogance is not a good attribute. Theo’s been playing good for the under-23s and been working many sessions with us. He’s a talented player, a lot of things to improve. I think he still has to improve his defensive game, his game off the ball, but with the ball he’s a very talented player. It’s a matter of taking the right steps and making him grow.

“He has very good offensive one-v-one, can use both feet, he has good finishing, but allow me to tell you that’s not the most important part. He has a lot of aspects to improve.”
ok thanks

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Called up to Canada for World Cup Qualifying on June 5th and June 8th.

June 5th: 8PM EST = 1AM UK vs Aruba
June 8th: 9PM EST = 2AM UK vs Suriname

D

Deleted member 11332

Used to go boozing here in my youth. Feet used to stick to the floor so you'd have to moonwalk to the bog and back.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lol, I had to look both those places up on the map. I can’t imagine they are football giants

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

With the likes of Davies, David.. even Corbeabu etc.. are Canada quietly confident they may actually make a World Cup soon?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol, I had to look both those places up on the map. I can’t imagine they are football giants

Me too...
By the way, Ive a friend who once played a World Cup qualifier for one of the nations in the Caribbeans. He was staying to work for a while, and had played some Sunday League back home, but was by no means a worldbeater. Anyway, they needed a keeper, so they made sure he got a citizenship and got to play. They lost by the way, and it remains his only cap for them..

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the likes of Davies, David.. even Corbeabu etc.. are Canada quietly confident they may actually make a World Cup soon?
Well, we should considering we are part hosts in 2026. ;) With it going up to 48 teams that should help too.

This is the last World Cup with 32 teams.. so the qualification is similar.

Currently, this is the first round. If we make it out of this (beating Suriname is a must), we will have a home and away against the winner of another group (which is likely to be Haiti or Nicaragua). We lost to Haiti, even with David and Davies, in Wolves FA Cup fashion a couple years ago in the Gold Cup.

If we make it out of that home and away second round, we will move to the Octogon... which is 8 teams in a home and away. The top 3 clubs will qualify for the World Cup. The 5 teams to pre-qualify are Honduras, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica and Jamaica. In reality, I believe we're the 3rd best in CONCACAF and could be the US on any given night. But ... that's why the games are played.

The 4th place team will move to a 4 team group that consists of one CONCACAF, one CONMEBOL, one AFC, and one OFC club. Two ties will be drawn for the final two spots in the World Cup, which will be decided in a home and away game.

Last edited:

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suriname is pretty decent in CONCACAF. They peaked around a 1600 Elo Rating in the last 40 years, which is probably 50th-60th. They dropped hard in the early 2000's and they are making a resurgence now pretty quickly in the last 5 years.

Aruba is not good at all.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suriname is pretty decent in CONCACAF. They peaked around a 1600 Elo Rating in the last 40 years, which is probably 50th-60th. They dropped hard in the early 2000's and they are making a resurgence now pretty quickly in the last 5 years.

Aruba is not good at all.
Aruba’s biggest win is 8-1 vs Suriname….

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aruba’s biggest win is 8-1 vs Suriname….
80 years ago.................

Aruba used to be ranked 50th in the world in FIFA rankings too back in the 40s. They have gone completely downhill since the mid 80s. They are a 200+ ranked FIFA team and a 800 elo rating team.

Suriname beat Aruba 6-0 this year already in World Cup Qualifying.

D

Deleted member 11332

Well, we should considering we are part hosts in 2026. ;) With it going up to 48 teams that should help too.

This is the last World Cup with 32 teams.. so the qualification is similar.

Currently, this is the first round. If we make it out of this (beating Suriname is a must), we will have a home and away against the winner of another group (which is likely to be Haiti or Nicaragua). We lost to Haiti, even with David and Davies, in Wolves FA Cup fashion a couple years ago in the Gold Cup.

If we make it out of that home and away second round, we will move to the Octogon... which is 8 teams in a home and away. The top 3 clubs will qualify for the World Cup. The 5 teams to pre-qualify are Honduras, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica and Jamaica. In reality, I believe we're the 3rd best in CONCACAF and could be the US on any given night. But ... that's why the games are played.

The 4th place team will move to a 4 team group that consists of one CONCACAF, one CONMEBOL, one AFC, and one OFC club. Two ties will be drawn for the final two spots in the World Cup, which will be decided in a home and away game.

Honduras have always been useless when I've seen them but they win loads of their home games don't they? Think it's something to do with the altitude of their stadium? Or have I made that up.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honduras have always been useless when I've seen them but they win loads of their home games don't they? Think it's something to do with the altitude of their stadium? Or have I made that up.
I don't know, they kicked our ass 8-1 in Honduras in our best chance at the World Cup since the 80s about 10 years ago. We just needed a draw.

Could be true though.. we've only beat them in Honduras once back in 1985 when we made the World Cup (86). Every other game there has been a loss or draw.

I was actually interested, so went back to those qualifiers where they smoked us and checked their results at home since and if my counting is right... 20 wins, 8 draws, 3 losses.

And for comparison, I added their away games since (almost) the same time which comes out to..... 7 wins, 11 draws, 22 losses.

So I'd say there's definitely something...

EDIT: I decided to look at their neutral games too (not home/away) and it's not great either.... 7 wins, 10 draws, 14 losses.

So basically, at home they're Liverpool and away from home they're Grimsby Town.

Attachments

• honduras home.png
    honduras home.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 5
  • honduras away.png
    honduras away.png
    176.7 KB · Views: 1
  • honduras neutral.png
    honduras neutral.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Just checked. Honduras qualified for the World Cup Finals in 2010 and 2014 which is not bad considering the competition in CONCACAF. Obviously they got shafted at the WC Finals. Altitude is about 1000 meters asl so that should not be too bad. Bolivia is far more extreme and really helps them.

D

Deleted member 11332

Just checked. Honduras qualified for the World Cup Finals in 2010 and 2014 which is not bad considering the competition in CONCACAF. Obviously they got shafted at the WC Finals. Altitude is about 1000 meters asl so that should not be too bad. Bolivia is far more extreme and really helps them.

May have been Bolivia I heard about, I knew it was a central or South American side I read it about.

They were awful in the WC mate honestly. They had this striker called Bengston he was useless but worked absolute nuts off, me mate bought me a Honduras shirt with his name on the back for a laugh and I've still got it somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom