Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Verdict - You cannot expect anything better when you just play for 5 minutes.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The is the verdict thread. I will insert my comments subsequently so that there will not be another similar thread on this issue, while I am writing my comments.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's very magnanimous of you but surely one of the Mick out threads can just be renamed?

B

Bevan

$$$$$$$**G $$$$$$

Is that a succinct enough verdict for you?

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're right Tarcisio. And we only played for about 20 mins last week. We are a poor side lacking in confidence and quality.

D

Deleted member 3604

I can take defeat, sometimes I can take abject performances but today we were publicly humiliated and to rub salt in Andrews pops up with the fifth. We are going to get reminded of today for the rest of our lives. Mick and Terry, thanks for the memories but please clear your lockers and step aside for somebody else. That was the straw that broke the camels back.

From the off we ball watched and it was exhibition stuff down our left from the Albion, who don't forget were missing Brunt, Dorrans and Long. Were Wardy and Bassong on the $$$$ last night? Throughout the team there was clueless stagnation and if you are going to play three strikers please play them in an effective manner. We lacked energy in the middle, in fact the only central midfielder we have with some bite and a turn of pace is out on loan at Forest. Today was the shocker of shockers and it is impossible to think of anything positive to say. We should have been three or four down at HT but they made sure the second half.

Morgan needs to get on blower asap and get somebody in asap else we are doomed.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves just played for a total of 5 minutes from the 94 minutes played. 1 minute in the extra time of the first half when we equalised. 1 minute soon after the opening of the second half when Doyle should have passed the ball earlier to Fletcher who was alone with their keeper, 2 minutes when Foster made a great save from a Fletcher header and from the subsequent corner when their defender hit the post while clearing Johnson header and 1 minute when Foster made a good save from an O'Hara shot. The other 89 minutes belonged to the Albions.

The writing was on the wall, that our players were seconds to our opponents. They were shooting at ease from different directions, and the equaliser most probably made more harm to us than to the Albions, as we thought we were ok, when we were not and actually we were almost lucky to finish the first half at par. This blurred the true picture of how weak was our team today, and we did not make the required changes at half time.

Now let me rate our players:-

Hennessey. I really cannot understand this goalkeeper. He is such a good keeper, making several world class saves, than he just gives goals away, surely the second should be put to his credit. He should have taken the ball earlier from Johnsons feet, and subsequently not allow a feeble shot to escape his hands. 5.

Foley. I think this is the worse match I have seen him play in a Wolves shirt. 4

Johnson. He did not marshall his players very well on the pitch and should share a good percentage of the fault of their second goal. He did not defend their corners very well neither. 5

Bassong. Once he left the pitch, our defence went to sea. He was not playing aswell as he did against QPR, but was the best of all the defenders. 6

Ward. Never seen him play so bad. Olowingi had a field day, scoring a hat-trick something which is rarely seen coming from a winger. 3

Doyle. Was not that bad, but did nothing spectacular. 5

Edwards. He ran and did his best, which was not good enough. 5

O'Hara. He wants too much of the ball. Cannot understand how we have a freekick on their penalty area and pass it between our players, rather than shooting or placing it properly towards their goal. 5.

Jarvis. Totally inexistent. 3

SEB. He was the best of our forwards today, he fought for high balls, but he is a bit weak in playing himself onside positions. 6

Fletcher. Though he scored, I think SEB was better than him. 5

Substitutes.

Berra. Our defence became even more frigile when he came in. 2.

Milijas. For a little while he improved our midfield when he came in but it did not last too long and goals against became even more evident with him in the team. 3

MM. A very bad day in the office. Cannot say that I did not agree with the formation, but it is clear that the Albions have a much better team than us. 2

Officials. Not that bad, only question mark was a penalty on SEB in the first half.

Last edited by a moderator:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We started with completely the wrong system- no-one in football would have put out a 442 against an Albion midfield technical and comfortable in possession except the inept one number two. As a result we chased shadows for 45 minutes and but for Hennessey, lack of cutting edge from Albion and a freak rare counter, it could and should have been 5 with no reply.

In the second we shifted Jarvis inside and between the lines. We were desperately isolated in the first half and it briefly improved us. The problem was he shifted SEB to outside left and whilst it caused some chaos in attack it left a huge gap down our left as Ward tried to get some crosses in. As a consequence we were carved open time and time again.

Mick waited until late in the game to rectify it and we started to improve after Milijas' introduction but after Bassong departed with injury we were wide open and it was no surprise to see us cave in. Most disappointing was seeing us give up at the end.

Phitsanulok (Poole) Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hennessey. Has been criticised for some of the goals but to be honest it was shots in. He made world class save after save to keep us in the game in the first half and is operating behind perhaps the worst Wolves defence since the years when we dropped down 4 divisions. 7.

Foley. Totally lacking in confidence. Or more pertinently totally lacking. Did not look quick or strong enough for this league. 3

Johnson. The defense has been appalling since he signed. No clean sheets since forever. Seemed to do well in the first two games against weakened opposition. Today boots the ball in the air in the area and then stands watching it. Flaps his hands around blaming everyone else. Appalling player, appalling captain, appalling signing. 0

Bassong. A class above our players. 8

Ward. Poor game by this season's standards. Big George maybe would have done better with his physical presence against tricky wingers. 4

Edwards. A major factor in the poor performance. Never in amillion years a Premiership player. 0.

O'Hara along with Milijas the only players comfortable on the ball. 7

Jarvis. Championship player who rarely delivers at this level. 2

SEB. Championship player who NEVER delivers at this level 0

Fletcher. Enjoy him while you can. Will be off at the end of the season. Great goal again 8

Doyle Worked hard and showed genuine ability when given the chance 7

Substitutes.

Berra. Oh dear 1
Milijas. Made a major difference and great dead balls as usual. 8

Thick F IN Mick: 4-4 4-4 4-4 effing 2. Three centre forwards and when he rightly brings Milijas on as one of the very few footballers in the squad he does it for a midfield player. Like for like subs again. What a brain dead idiot. It looks like Sunderlands all over again. A veritable Rabbit in the headlights of this league. If he loves Championship players so much that is where he should be managing and it looks like that is where he is taking us. minus 1 million

D

Deleted member 3604

In the second we shifted Jarvis inside and between the lines. We were desperately isolated in the first half and it briefly improved us. The problem was he shifted SEB to outside left and whilst it caused some chaos in attack it left a huge gap down our left as Ward tried to get some crosses in. As a consequence we were carved open time and time again.

There was a huge gap down our left from the KO. Ward should learn to play as a LB first and foremost - he was made to look a fool today. O'Hara gave him and Jarvis a $$$$$$$ing early on. Hodgson did his homework. He should have started Doyler in the hole and Hammill out wide. We should have got at them - it was only hope.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hennessey. Has been criticised for some of the goals but to be honest it was shots in. He made world class save after save to keep us in the game in the first half and is operating behind perhaps the worst Wolves defence since the years when we dropped down 4 divisions. 7.

Foley. Totally lacking in confidence. Or more pertinently totally lacking. Did not look quick or strong enough for this league. 3

Johnson. The defense has been appalling since he signed. No clean sheets since forever. Seemed to do well in the first two games against weakened opposition. Today boots the ball in the air in the area and then stands watching it. Flaps his hands around blaming everyone else. Appalling player, appalling captain, appalling signing. 0

Bassong. A class above our players. 8

Ward. Poor game by this season's standards. Big George maybe would have done better with his physical presence against tricky wingers. 4

Edwards. A major factor in the poor performance. Never in amillion years a Premiership player. 0.

O'Hara along with Milijas the only players comfortable on the ball. 7

Jarvis. Championship player who rarely delivers at this level. 2

SEB. Championship player who NEVER delivers at this level 0

Fletcher. Enjoy him while you can. Will be off at the end of the season. Great goal again 8

Doyle Worked hard and showed genuine ability when given the chance 7

Substitutes.

Berra. Oh dear 1
Milijas. Made a major difference and great dead balls as usual. 8

Thick F IN Mick: 4-4 4-4 4-4 effing 2. Three centre forwards and when he rightly brings Milijas on as one of the very few footballers in the squad he does it for a midfield player. Like for like subs again. What a brain dead idiot. It looks like Sunderlands all over again. A veritable Rabbit in the headlights of this league. If he loves Championship players so much that is where he should be managing and it looks like that is where he is taking us. minus 1 million

Agree with most of this, if I never see SEB in a Wolves shirt again I'd be chuffed.

S

-ShuWolf-

I found myself actually thinking that i dont want Mick to keep us up because that would give Fat Jez and Morgan a reason to keep him on and thus cause a repeat fo this $$$$e next year.
At least if we go down they might see it right to ring the changes

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably nothing in it but rumours going around on twitter that MM has offered his resignation.

H

haden-wolf

Spot on mate

We started with completely the wrong system- no-one in football would have put out a 442 against an Albion midfield technical and comfortable in possession except the inept one number two. As a result we chased shadows for 45 minutes and but for Hennessey, lack of cutting edge from Albion and a freak rare counter, it could and should have been 5 with no reply.

Fullbacks exposed and we played wight into woys hands this afternoon

We had our mullering of them with Roberts hatrick - today they paid us back - but we helped them big time

Mick waited until late in the game to rectify it and we started to improve after Milijas' introduction but after Bassong departed with injury we were wide open and it was no surprise to see us cave in. Most disappointing was seeing us give up at the end.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don`t think the team are fit in the sense of not just being able to run for miles but having spare oxygen going to the BRAIN for 90 minutes.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I went expecting nothing therefore I wasn't shocked or suprised by that 'performance'.

Point one... when we were getting over-run in the first half, Mick's way of changing things was to tell Berra to get warmed up as a warning to the defence.

Point two... what was the point of playing Jarvis down the middle?

Point three... despite all their pressure we could have been ahead at the start of the second half.

Point four... when did Hennessey start taking fumbling lessons?

Point five... and the most important and most worrying point. We accepted defeat today with at least ten minutes left.

Point six... I feel sick.

E

Edgmond Wolf

We were outplayed for 90 minutes, we were lucky to go in at half time 1-1, Hennesset had made save after save where Foster has $$$$ all to do

tiggerkev

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A totally clueless performance. Boys against men or should I say Championship against Premiership.

Would like to say I'm angry but I'm totally numb. Me and the missus were discussing next seasons Championship away days as we walked away from that.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Probably nothing in it but rumours going around on twitter that MM has offered his resignation.

Twice in two weeks. What's all this offered resignation. Just $$$$ing go. To be honest, I wouldn't want to say if I was him, but then again it's not my fault.

S

singwolf_1

Even at the start of the 2nd half, I didn't see us being hammered like that. We lost for 3 reasons
1- tactics - 4-5-1 please Mick - we were lucky to win vs QPR with THAT formation
2- too many players went missing today - Foley, Wardy, Jarvis, Fletch (goal and the header apart)..
3- Hennessey gifted them 3 goals

The rest has been said. I thought that SEB did ok. What a horrible defense. The players should donate their weekly salary to a charity. They certainly didn't earn it today.

B

Bevan

He won't go. You just know we're stuck with him, no matter how bad it gets.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SEB, Ward, Foley, Berra, when he came on, Edwards. All Championship players who looked totally out of their depth today. I even say this about Foley today who I do rate but he looked awful today.
This is what happens when a manager wastes so much money on players since we got promoted, hardly plays some of them or gives them a chance and retains far too much faith in the players that got us promoted and I dont buy this young and hungry $$$$$$$$ anymore as most of the players that played today could hardly be described as kids.
Tactics and style of play along with defending are beyond a joke. We look and play like a league one side. Embarrassing and humiliating on a massive scale today.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Milijas looked good when he came on. Passed well, held the ball well, took good corners and covered their midfielders.

M

Monkey Man

It's hard what to say really, from the first minute we were in trouble and had we have gone in 4-1 down it would have been difficult to complain.

Not countering the Albion threat at half time was suicidal and we got what we deserved. It wasn't a loss it was an utter beating.

J

johnybig32

Ill hold my hands up now and say I think I am wrong in my support for MM. Today was not good enough and I cant find any excuses for that perfomance.

451 disappeares to some kind of no midfeild performance. He then tried to rectify the situation by taking our best winger (Jarvis) and playing him somewhere in the middle, to no effect.

Milijas should have started. He shown in the first 5mins when he cam on that he can control the game. Would have suited him today playing against WBA midfeild.

Apart from Doyle, Fletch and Henners, no-one deserves any comment.

SEB should not start a Premier League game for a while. Doesnt drop deep for the ball, cant control the ball, cant hold the ball up, cant run, cant track back, cant pass, cant contribute.

Oh, and how much do we miss KH?

I hold MM responsible for today.

B

BlackBully

Our fullbacks were a joke yet again, Ward is a liability and he's our best left back! Ridgewell had a good game for them, did we even bother trying to get him? I doubt it. Foley aint up to it I've decided, he's never made the step up to Premiership level.

Hennessey can make a hundred great saves, if he throws 1 or 2 into his net every game then nobody in the world will touch him.

Midfield was set up in a simply ridiculous way, O' Hara and Edwards on their own in the middle? That was never going to work and so it proved. We got out of jail BIG TIME at 1/2 time but despite this Mick kept the same team, same shape and lo and behold we got slaughtered again!

Clueless, inept, deja vu x 10. The writing was on the wall October time, January came and went without any real changes and so it comes as no surprise we just got humiliated by our local rivals on national TV. At home. 5-1.

Not good enough. It wasn't good enough months ago, the whole of the management and the players can collectively hang their heads in shame.

I actually had a bit of optimism after last week but that's been extinguished in the most spectacular way imaginable. We're down and replacing Mick won't make an iota of difference now IMO. $$$$.

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ill hold my hands up now and say I think I am wrong in my support for MM. Today was not good enough and I cant find any excuses for that perfomance.

451 disappeares to some kind of no midfeild performance. He then tried to rectify the situation by taking our best winger (Jarvis) and playing him somewhere in the middle, to no effect.

Milijas should have started. He shown in the first 5mins when he cam on that he can control the game. Would have suited him today playing against WBA midfeild.

Apart from Doyle, Fletch and Henners, no-one deserves any comment.

SEB should not start a Premier League game for a while. Doesnt drop deep for the ball, cant control the ball, cant hold the ball up, cant run, cant track back, cant pass, cant contribute.

Oh, and how much do we miss KH?

I hold MM responsible for today.

We don't miss KH at all. We have been crap all season with him in the team so exactly how have we missed him ?

J

johnybig32

Because at least when he is there, there is a midfeild that stands up to the opposition and not just let them run through constantly.

ginboomerang

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because at least when he is there, there is a midfeild that stands up to the opposition and not just let them run through constantly.

Give it up johnny, check the goals against with KH in the side, I believe we are in negative equity. Premier midfielders have more in their locker than an occasional tackle.

J

johnybig32

You saying we didnt miss KH today?

Do you not think there would have been more fight and defensive cover if he was there?

M

MK Panther

Michael Owen - Man Utd and England on twitter
I can't work Wolves out. They always win when I expect them to lose and they lose when I expect them to win.

This is not rocket science they confuse teams who expect them to play football and they do not.

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To lose 1-5 at home to ANYONE, whatever your level is unacceptable.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would just like to say that I sympathise with any of our fans who have to go and work with Baggies supporters tomorrow. Humiliating experience.

T

TREASURE WOLF

forget formations and tactics our players seemed clueless as footballers, albions players seemed to know how to hold the ball, shield it from our players and move it on to another stripey player and move as a unit FORWARD towards the goal, we just hoofed it from hennesey or the back four, none of our team could hold the ball and get passed a player, we really have gone backwards and that comes from coaching.
average players can look better with better players round them, we havent got them apart from fletch and doyle, absolute pity frimpong got injured but the writing is on the wall for me.
13 games left and more than a point a game needed, we havent done that over the season and unless someone comes in and changes things we are down

D

Deleted member 3751

We don't miss KH at all. We have been crap all season with him in the team so exactly how have we missed him ?

The gaping holes we saw today are nowhere near as big with Henry playing. In fact they don't really exist

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surprised at some praise towards SEB didn`t appear to do much today.
Foley/Ward both had shockers.
Foley had a nightmare against QPR as well so hope Zubar can come back for Newcastle game.

Thought Milijas did OK when he came on.

Have to say very frustrated with Hennessay today.When he let one of the goals in he was just sitting there smiling about it.Don`t understand that myself.
Seem`s to get slower getting down as well lately.
He`s obviously a great shot-stopper but noticed this weakness more lately.

Make`s me wonder if he moved on and received different coaching this would be sorted out.

Ogerp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still angry.
My verdict is the sheer incompetence today, summed up when we kicked off and put the ball straight out of play on the half way line for a throw to Albion.

You just could not make it up!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom