Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The summer clear out to boost funds

Chriswwfc

Reaction score
I would be considering Barkley on a free in the summer (if he’s a free agent?). Experience in abundance, enjoying his football again and adds something different to our midfield. Can’t be on massive wages at Luton and would be a good option in our midfield for next to nothing. Gomes, lemina, Barkley, Doyle and bouba is a good depth in midfield in my opinion. My only thought is Bellegarde was brought in for that advanced midfield role, surely?

Spend the money on a striker, Neto replacement. Potentially a replacement for semedo if he does go (I hope we extend!).

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just as a note on a few of our younger players out on loan who could be moved on, Hodge and Cundle were both unused subs yesterday and Chem Campbell got 18 mins for Wycombe against Reading. Could have done with them all really looking the part but doesn’t sound like they are pulling up trees?

Bolla has done alright at Servette by the sounds -5 goals and 3 assists in 18. Do they have a purchase option?

In regards to Traore, I do think a decent loan and him playing regularly would benefit us/him. I wouldn’t be so quick to sell?
Unfortunately servette can buy him on the cheap for 1.5 million (bolla)

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you could add bouba to the list..... O'Neil just doesn't seem to fancy him....

Been saying for ages I would listen to offers for all of the players out on loan.... including Yerson if a decent offer came in....I get the kid has potential but I think we need investment in other areas of the squad more....Granted it would have to be a reasonable offer...
A possibility I guess. Josh Brownhill available for free in the summer too, GON may see him as an upgrade on Traore.

Would be a clever bit of business imho.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hugo bueno 10 million (may ask to leave)
Fabio 10 million
Guedes 10 million
Podence 5 million
Sarabia 5 million
Boubacar traore 10 million
Cundle 1 million
Hodge 500k
Chiquinho 3 million
Neto 50 million
Hoever 2 million
Bolla 1.2 million

Roughly 108 million
I wouldn't want to sell Sarabia .

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be considering Barkley on a free in the summer (if he’s a free agent?). Experience in abundance, enjoying his football again and adds something different to our midfield. Can’t be on massive wages at Luton and would be a good option in our midfield for next to nothing. Gomes, lemina, Barkley, Doyle and bouba is a good depth in midfield in my opinion. My only thought is Bellegarde was brought in for that advanced midfield role, surely?

Spend the money on a striker, Neto replacement. Potentially a replacement for semedo if he does go (I hope we extend!).
yep exactly what i was thinking, have a feeling he will want Villa or west Ham as theyll pay more, but he’s thrived playing regularly so hopefully that matters more.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you could add bouba to the list..... O'Neil just doesn't seem to fancy him....

Been saying for ages I would listen to offers for all of the players out on loan.... including Yerson if a decent offer came in....I get the kid has potential but I think we need investment in other areas of the squad more....Granted it would have to be a reasonable offer...
You sell Max or Santi before Yerson.

The kid is already starting for a decent side in La Liga on loan AFTER a full MLS season.

He's got the pace to allow Gary to go to a 4 if he keeps developing.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don’t need to sell any centre backs, bring Yerson into the fold and we’re set there for next season. We don’t have loads of money to spend so we should keep the changes to a minimum.

GK:
Sa
Bentley
King

RB:
Semedo
Doc

RCB:
Santi
Yerson
Dawson

LCB:
Kilman
Toti

LB:
RAN
Bueno

CM:
Lemina
Bouba

CM:
Gomes
Doyle

Right forward:
New
Sarabia

Left forward:
Cunha
Hwang

ST:
New
New

Bellegarde as a bit of a utility man across midfield/attack.

So Neto, Guedes, Podence and Silva out and a wide forward, starting centre forward and a younger centre forward in? I’d aim for something like that anyway.

Madmalc

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see who GON allows to leave permanently.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes 15m
Silva 10m
Podence 6m
Cundle 2m
Hodge 2m
Chem 1m
Hoever 2m
Bolla 2m
Pond 500k
Lonwijk 2m
Sasa free (retirement)

Say 45m for example off these type of players

————
Big gun potential sales
————

Semedo 15m (12months left on contract)
Kilman 60m
Neto 70m
Ait-Nouri 60m
Hwang 60m
Cunha 80m
Hugo Bueno 20m
Boubacar Traore 15m

I could maybe see 2/3 of the above leaving. Depends on the Neto sale really.

So for example Neto, Bueno & Ait-Nouri could bring in £150m with the deadwood almost £200m p&s blown out the water

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The unquantifiable is that a player is worth more to a club where he is happy and is wanted than to a club where he is unhappy an unwanted. GON has increased the value of RAN massively.
Could he do this with Podence , Hoever, even Guedes ?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the season he's had selling Sarabia for £5M would be barking.
If this post had been last season Sarabia would have been on it. GON has done wonders with certain players and there is no reason to think he cannot improve some of the names listed above whilst at the same time ejecting others.
Loans do not help certain younger players as much as having a good coach and in theory we should have better coaches than the teams in lower divisions where even our players do not get picked.
Some of those players out on loan this season could also benefit from GON's magic so why write them all off?

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Guedes 15m
Silva 10m
Podence 6m
Cundle 2m
Hodge 2m
Chem 1m
Hoever 2m
Bolla 2m
Pond 500k
Lonwijk 2m
Sasa free (retirement)

————
Big gun potential sales
————

Kilman 60m
Neto 70m
Ait-Nouri 60m
Hwang 60m
Cunha 80m
Hugo Bueno 20m
Boubacar Traore 15m

So for example Neto, Bueno & Ait-Nouri could bring in £150m with the deadwood almost £200m p&s blown out the water
That's an interesting set of numbers.

I think you're miles out on almost every one apart from Fabio Silva.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
big wages and he’s also approaching 32, with a year left.
Not trying to be harsh, but so what? He only cost £5m. Even if we got that back it is not going to replace his contribution. We just need to let him run his contract down. If we still think he has value by next Jan, offer him a 1 year extension. If not thank him for his contribution and let him move on. He didn't rock the boat when not playing and is a good senior player to have around.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So surely we will see a gathering of cash for the following , not including Sasa ( Long term injury )

Podence
Guedes
Silva
Campbell
Hoever
Hodge
Cundle
Bolla
Chiquinho ?

Feel free to add ( I don’t mean current first team just peripheral / fringe / surplus )
A similar thing was said on the Neto thread. If we can't sell Neto due to injury concerns funds can be raised by off-loading these unwanted loaned out players. Thinking about it I'd rather keep Neto and the rest of this squad and buy in the players we need from the the sale proceeds of this lot.

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
I think RAN or Kilman will be a surprise “big” departure this summer. I’d hope for the latter - not because I don’t rate him - but for the best opportunity to maximize his value. Something we’ve not been so great at.

Sadly with Neto, I think even with his injury record he’ll push for a move and like as others have mentioned, it may be a decent fee but one that’s both not as high as it could’ve been and also not on favorable terms.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
big wages and he’s also approaching 32, with a year left.
If we keep Neto this summer it would be crazy then to sell the likes of Gomes or RAN or Cunha. We need to enhance this squad and the sale proceeds of the loaned out players is the answer for me. Personally I would not be averse to selling Hwang, as I think we could get good money for him and there are better strikers out there. Sarabia, I'm not sold on him like many on here. Yesterday was typical for me, he was on the periphery of the game, not greatly involved and many of his passes went astray. Again I'd sell to get him off the wage bill.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Key people to stay are Cunha, Gomes, Ait-Nouri, Lemina and Kilman. Doyle obviously to be signed for £5m. Would keep Bouba, plenty of potential there. Mosquera to bolster cb options with Dawson beginning to be used more sparingly. Semedo contract runs out next year? Worth extending. Lemina obviously to remain.

If we could get a decent fee for Hwang would consider selling. Neto, nothing less than £70m and would keep him for another year ideally.
Fraser will go out on loan, Have a look at Hoever and Chiquinho in close season but sell if Gary doesn't fancy them. Hugo Bueno to stay and Santi Bueno who looks promising. Toti stays. Sarabia one more season as back up.
Podence, Guedes and Silva hopefully to go. Should raise £30m as long as they all remain fit. Massive loss money-wise but disastrous signings bar Podence who is having a good season in Greece.

We will need an absolute minimum of two new forwards (probably three), one being a target man- Wind of Wolfsburg? Sasa recuperation and career in the balance....

Perhaps an upgrade on Bentley to really challenge Sa? As long as we hold on to the crown jewels, bar a massive fee for Neto, and get in a quality centre forward and wide player as a minimum we could have another good season.
Great post. I think sums up where most of us are at present. Can you forward it to Hobbs?!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You sell Max or Santi before Yerson.

The kid is already starting for a decent side in La Liga on loan AFTER a full MLS season.

He's got the pace to allow Gary to go to a 4 if he keeps developing.
But max and santi are integral to our current starting 11 or squad.....at the minute Yerson hasn't done nowt for us...

Wouldn't sell any of them but on current status at the club it would be Yerson I would use to generate funds....

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think guedes will want to go but Gary will want a look
I honestly can’t see him being a player we give a chance to prove he may have it to succeed here as his value is pretty decent to move on and bring in players who are already more accustomed to the demands of the league etc.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not trying to be harsh, but so what? He only cost £5m. Even if we got that back it is not going to replace his contribution. We just need to let him run his contract down. If we still think he has value by next Jan, offer him a 1 year extension. If not thank him for his contribution and let him move on. He didn't rock the boat when not playing and is a good senior player to have around.
he’s on £100k a week i believe, but for the record i wasn’t advocating selling him if you read back, i was questioning someone valuing him at over £5m……..

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We went down this route before getting rid or valuable experience which took us back 3 years.

No way we should be letting him go.
i haven’t said we let him go.i was questioning someone saying he was worth more than £5m

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we keep Neto this summer it would be crazy then to sell the likes of Gomes or RAN or Cunha. We need to enhance this squad and the sale proceeds of the loaned out players is the answer for me. Personally I would not be averse to selling Hwang, as I think we could get good money for him and there are better strikers out there. Sarabia, I'm not sold on him like many on here. Yesterday was typical for me, he was on the periphery of the game, not greatly involved and many of his passes went astray. Again I'd sell to get him off the wage bill.
i agree but someone has to buy them from you! deals for players not wanted aren’t always loaded in favour of the selling club.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We went down this route before getting rid or valuable experience which took us back 3 years.

No way we should be letting him go.
His wages are astronimcal and will be 32.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was there any truth in Jose sa to Saudi for 40 million or was that paper talk?

Rubberball

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Key people to stay are Cunha, Gomes, Ait-Nouri, Lemina and Kilman. Doyle obviously to be signed for £5m. Would keep Bouba, plenty of potential there. Mosquera to bolster cb options with Dawson beginning to be used more sparingly. Semedo contract runs out next year? Worth extending. Lemina obviously to remain.

If we could get a decent fee for Hwang would consider selling. Neto, nothing less than £70m and would keep him for another year ideally.
Fraser will go out on loan, Have a look at Hoever and Chiquinho in close season but sell if Gary doesn't fancy them. Hugo Bueno to stay and Santi Bueno who looks promising. Toti stays. Sarabia one more season as back up.
Podence, Guedes and Silva hopefully to go. Should raise £30m as long as they all remain fit. Massive loss money-wise but disastrous signings bar Podence who is having a good season in Greece.

We will need an absolute minimum of two new forwards (probably three), one being a target man- Wind of Wolfsburg? Sasa recuperation and career in the balance....
Think you'll be about right with Podence, Silva and Guedes. Chiquinho, Cundle and Hodge may generate another £5m.

Think it should give us enough to go and get a forward and wide player (Gomes?)

If it's Germany we may be looking in I'd look at Demirovic and Beier. Both goal scorers and can play anywhere across the front 3.

Sadly that would mean Neto goes, nowhere near the £70m people think.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Was there any truth in Jose sa to Saudi for 40 million or was that paper talk?
If someone comes in for even half that money we should bite their hands off.

For me a keeper needs three attributes these days:

Good shot stopper
Good at commanding their area
Good with feet and kicking.

Sa, is only good at the first as he showed yesterday. We need better is we are to progress

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would put Bellegarde on that list too. I can see his talent but I don't see where he fits in the squad. I think Guedes would be a better option than him in one of the forward positions. If we're looking to sell to generate cash then Hugo Bueno and Boubs have to be considered too. I don't think we'll get that much for any of them tbh, they are all young and in most cases it's probably better taking another look at what we have rather than assuming it's easy to get better.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would put Bellegarde on that list too. I can see his talent but I don't see where he fits in the squad. I think Guedes would be a better option than him in one of the forward positions. If we're looking to sell to generate cash then Hugo Bueno and Boubs have to be considered too. I don't think we'll get that much for any of them tbh, they are all young and in most cases it's probably better taking another look at what we have rather than assuming it's easy to get better.
Just want to say I agree about Bellegarde; not a Prem player for me . If we are looking at other sale options if Neto is off the table the loanees must be first on the list followed by imv the likes of Bellegarde and B Traore but Hwang would be right up there for me to sell if the price is right.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes 15m
Silva 10m
Podence 6m
Cundle 2m
Hodge 2m
Chem 1m
Hoever 2m
Bolla 2m
Pond 500k
Lonwijk 2m
Sasa free (retirement)

————
Big gun potential sales
————

Kilman 60m
Neto 70m
Ait-Nouri 60m
Hwang 60m
Cunha 80m
Hugo Bueno 20m
Boubacar Traore 15m

I would love you to be right mate, but I think if you halved the price of each you would be much closer to the true price they will go for in the summer.

There will be a few exceptions, but no one is spending £60m on Kilman or Hwang - and if you think we are getting £20m for Bueno you must be on drugs :)

I just don't think clubs will have the money, FFP is going to hammer lots of clubs.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just want to say I agree about Bellegarde; not a Prem player for me . If we are looking at other sale options if Neto is off the table the loanees must be first on the list followed by imv the likes of Bellegarde and B Traore but Hwang would be right up there for me to sell if the price is right.
Sarabia was not a prem player last season so I think the lad deserves a chance. He's shown quality in flashes.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would love you to be right mate, but I think if you halved the price of each you would be much closer to the true price they will go for in the summer.

There will be a few exceptions, but no one is spending £60m on Kilman or Hwang - and if you think we are getting £20m for Bueno you must be on drugs :)

I just don't think clubs will have the money, FFP is going to hammer lots of clubs.
Bueno is young and will get better but he’s not first choice with Ait-Nouri here. What would you say he’s worth £10m ? Hwang a goal scorer minimum 40m with international revenue he makes. Kilman 60m Englishman tax. Big clubs eyeing him up. Chelsea come calling he will be off. Maguire worth 80m Max is worth 60 surely????

FFP hurt clubs in January but this summer is a new calendar year for FFP. No need to overreact. Clubs was cautious in January because of Everton having points deducted. That was all. The cash flow should be there for the big hitters.

The big boys will be eyeing RAN, Neto & Kilman no doubt about it. Probably 3 of our best players

Back
Top Bottom