Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The summer clear out to boost funds

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bueno is young and will get better but he’s not first choice with Ait-Nouri here. What would you say he’s worth £10m ? Hwang a goal scorer minimum 40m with international revenue he makes. Kilman 60m Englishman tax. Big clubs eyeing him up. Chelsea come calling he will be off. Maguire worth 80m Max is worth 60 surely????

FFP hurt clubs in January but this summer is a new calendar year for FFP. No need to overreact. Clubs was cautious in January because of Everton having points deducted. That was all. The cash flow should be there for the big hitters.

The big boys will be eyeing RAN, Neto & Kilman no doubt about it. Probably 3 of our best players
After yesterday's stunning performance RAN will be on everyone's radar now, if he wasn't already. He most probably will be the one to go to raise funds, assuming Neto's injury woes put clubs off. Whilst a fit Neto may have got us in a bidding war £60 mil +, I doubt RAN would sell for more than half that.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After yesterday's stunning performance RAN will be on everyone's radar now, if he wasn't already. He most probably will be the one to go to raise funds, assuming Neto's injury woes put clubs off. Whilst a fit Neto may have got us in a bidding war £60 mil +, I doubt RAN would sell for more than half that.
So you think we won’t get 30m for Ait-Nouri il have whatever you’re smoking

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So you think we won’t get 30m for Ait-Nouri il have whatever you’re smoking
We know what Neto is valued at as it's been talked about for months now. RAN compared to Neto is less well known and as a FB does not get the media attention a winger/forward gets. He's definitely coming into the limelight now which will push his value up. If he is the one to be 'sacrificed' to raise funds we have to hope his value kicks in at say £30 mil and a bidding war ensues.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know what Neto is valued at as it's been talked about for months now. RAN compared to Neto is less well known and as a FB does not get the media attention a winger/forward gets. He's definitely coming into the limelight now which will push his value up. If he is the one to be 'sacrificed' to raise funds we have to hope his value kicks in at say £30 mil and a bidding war ensues.
RAN & Neto will have big interest trust me on that one. We’ve already had enquiries for both this January. Price & availability it’s believed Liverpool and Arsenal want a new left back. Neto to Man City seems the most legit one Iv heard.

Reaction score
I think when it comes to RAN, look at Cucurella as an example of what we could look at. Chelsea spent £62m on him. Both left backs, good on the ball, fairly quick. RAN is younger though, already better and clearly has the higher ceiling.
I’m not saying we could get 60m+ necessarily but…

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just need to get through the year so we aren't full rebuild back Gary . Ran very happy
If the right money comes in, players will leave. (50m+) Part and parcel of self sustainability. We can hope to hang onto him for another season. Semedo is also someone I’d want to keep finally looks a real player. 12 months left on his deal

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But max and santi are integral to our current starting 11 or squad.....at the minute Yerson hasn't done nowt for us...

Wouldn't sell any of them but on current status at the club it would be Yerson I would use to generate funds....
Smart way to do business. Sell your assets before they're worth their real value.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Smart way to do business. Sell your assets before they're worth their real value.
Yeah sell Yerson what kind of thick decision that would be. After proving himself in La Liga. Selling Max for mostly profit would be smart value but hey let’s see what offers come our way first!!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN & Neto will have big interest trust me on that one. We’ve already had enquiries for both this January. Price & availability it’s believed Liverpool and Arsenal want a new left back. Neto to Man City seems the most legit one Iv heard.
No club will take Neto this summer unless he completes the rest of the games this season without injury imo. The longer he goes before returning the likelier it is we have him for another season.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No club will take Neto this summer unless he completes the rest of the games this season without injury imo. The longer he goes before returning the likelier it is we have him for another season.
We have to sell Neto and Mendes will make sure of it. P&S Pedro has already done enough to earn his move regardless of injuries

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Important to remember that for the likes of Podence, Guedes and Silva, due to the initial fee paid for them, it's unlikely we make any profit on the amount outstanding that is still due to be amortised. The fees for the rest of them are likely nominal, and Hoever certainly won't raise a profit.

I think the only major upside to selling those three is getting rid of their wages, but we can do that with loans, without taking on an immediate loss from selling them for less than their remaining amortised value. I just don't see any clubs paying above what those values currently are. Sadly they've become negative assets, and loaning them out is actually more financially viable to us.

I'd hope Chiquinho gets a place in the squad for a bit of added depth. At least give him the preseason to see if he can fit.
Guedes is the only one we’d be likely to lose on remaining fee, even if they’re very small fees.
Didn’t Fabio extend contract at 3 years in?
That’s 21m of 35 already amortised, with the other 14 spread over the remainder, with one of those now gone. His remaining value now is probably 10m max, we can probably get that.
Podence and Hoever have been here long enough to have virtually nothing left, so again, an FFP loss is unlikely.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's not what I'm saying.....all I'm saying is if we need to raise money for other areas of the squad , then someone we may get a bid for , is something we may consider given the numbers we have in that position.....

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i imagine there will be a list or matrix of some description, comparing ffp impact with squad importance.

for example, Neto would be top of both, guedes near the bottom of ffp impact same as Silva etc..
That's not what I'm saying.....all I'm saying is if we need to raise money for other areas of the squad , then someone we may get a bid for , is something we may consider given the numbers we have in that position.....

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t it bizarre that players are paid so much, that the only way the majority of clubs can survive, is then by selling the best of those players to the rich minority, then you buy some more players, pay them too much and hope the circle carries on, all the time the rich stay at the top and everyone else remains also rans.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
i imagine there will be a list or matrix of some description, comparing ffp impact with squad importance.

for example, Neto would be top of both, guedes near the bottom of ffp impact same as Silva etc..
I think people can forget about FFP now. We could lose a fortune in 24/25 and stay within FFP, but Fosun have no intention of losing a fortune. In any case, the end of 3 year rolling losses is nigh and we need to make that sure squad costs are lower than income.

SWest Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Like a few on here, I am more concerned about loosing RAN right now. At times he is unplayable, and after watching the game and numerous highlights from Fulham, he is turning into one hell of a player. He played a variety of positions on Saturday, on the left, on the right….what an asset he is.
Unfortunately, I think a few clubs will all be after him once this season ends.

And to think Lop didn’t rate him. Pfft

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think people can forget about FFP now. We could lose a fortune in 24/25 and stay within FFP, but Fosun have no intention of losing a fortune. In any case, the end of 3 year rolling losses is nigh and we need to make that sure squad costs are lower than income.
All the evidence right now points to Fosun having lost a fortune with us. I think that is likely to continue or the cuts to our squad would have been more severe.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
All the evidence right now points to Fosun having lost a fortune with us. I think that is likely to continue or the cuts to our squad would have been more severe.
Well a number of things on that.

Fosun have invested money, the fact that they've converted debt to equity means that they haven't actually lost a fortune with us.

We have reached the level where we're unlikely to manage sustained improvement, so that isn't really an option going forward, we're never going to turn over £250m+ so further investment is unlikely to grow the club.

Things change and the attitude to Chinese investment abroad seems to be one of those.

Even if Fosun think all that's wrong and they want to continue to throw £35m a year at the club, then the new FFP rules probably mean they would'nt be allowed to.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5m is nothing it’s worth losing his fee with the points he’s winning for us
How much would he cost to replace, MEW?

He would need replacing as well, unless the likes of Gonzalez can step up, but he needs more time imo.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do people really think Sarabia should be sold?! I respect what everyone on here has to say, and yes he is getting on a bit, but surely he stays.
I'm not sure people think he should be sold, but him being on £100k per week, 32 years old and only having a year left probably means there is a chance of it if an offer were to come in? I think 99% of fans would love another season out of him?

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
I'm not sure people think he should be sold, but him being on £100k per week, 32 years old and only having a year left probably means there is a chance of it if an offer were to come in? I think 99% of fans would love another season out of him?
Yeah, at a certain point every offer has to be considered no matter the player! But I don't see the harm in another season, like you said. He's a joy to watch.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do people really think Sarabia should be sold?! I respect what everyone on here has to say, and yes he is getting on a bit, but surely he stays.
Unsung hero , this season....for me he is in that group who will be a key player for us next season...ignore age n wages.....

He has been a fundamental part of us getting better..... We've been a better team since his introduction against Spurs at home...

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When players like him lose a bit of pace, they get better technically and mentally. Players like that are vital for any side, for experience as well I think.
He is the polar opposite of Traore....and I mean that in a good way...he might not get you off ya seat but what he does for the team is vital...

With the current lack of forwards options we have in the squad in general and fit ones , it would be utter madness to lose the one who stays fit and has contributed just as much as the others overall..... especially when you won't get much in the way of a fee...

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
He is the polar opposite of Traore....and I mean that in a good way...he might not get you off ya seat but what he does for the team is vital...

With the current lack of forwards options we have in the squad in general and fit ones , it would be utter madness to lose the one who stays fit and has contributed just as much as the others overall..... especially when you won't get much in the way of a fee...
Sometimes it is better to have a player who gives a lot to the team over a player who gets fans excited. Ultimately, fan excitement doesn't win matches- it is a good thing though, of course.

I agree- with the injury crisis and the fact there wouldn't realistically be a big sale for him... Why get rid? Would be mad to.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unsung hero , this season....for me he is in that group who will be a key player for us next season...ignore age n wages.....

He has been a fundamental part of us getting better..... We've been a better team since his introduction against Spurs at home...

Absolutely, Sarabia is probably one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Back 4 gives us the ability to include him as well as others, not instead of.

When everyone is fit, he still starts for me.

One casualty of a move to a back 4 could be Dawson. Will probably want to be playing every game at his age, rather than sitting on the bench, and if Santiago and Max are first choices (rightly so in my opinion), Dawson could be off.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
PSG were interested in RAN before we even signed him. I think it's pretty safe to say he is well known in football circles. Whether fans are aware of him or nit has no bearing whatsoever. Yesterday will only have increased the likelihood of more big teams taking note of him.

I'd be very surprised if anyone was willing to offer us £60m for him though. I do think he's worth that to us though!

He does seem happy now GON is playing him, so hopefully we can get him to sign a new contract that would mean he's around for another season or so.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's disappointing, but no one in that group is smashing their loan move to trigger a major sale.

I am sure Podence, Guedes, and Silva will have some interest, even if it's just from the teams they are currently at, but with the exception of Silva I don't expect anything other that a ****-taking low ball bid.

I think you will be lucky to see £20m from the lot - most of that will be from Silva.

With Neto's injury record we are going to be lucky to get a top fee from him as well. We may well get a 'deal' but I doubt many are going to be stumping up lots of money up front. Any deal is going to be structured on the basis of playing time, and in those big teams it's harder to get in the side and stay in.

We may see a headline £50/60m sale if he gets fit and plays for the end of the season, but you probably won't see much of that for team strengthening because the club simply won't have it.

I can see Neto staying and someone like Chelsea coming for Max or Spurs coming for Gomes. I don't see anyone paying enough for Cuhna or RAN at this stage, but we will see.

If we sell Neto, and your list we might clear £70m - but I don't we would spend more that £50m of that. I do think they will bulster the squad with out of contract players someone like Brownhill and Adams (although he is likely to get back to the prem with Southampton)

We may pick over the relegated sides looking for bargains and I expect a couple of south Americans to be found.

I think this summer window is going to be really interesting. Lots of clubs are going to move players on for FFP. I think you will see a lot of the big teams move on their better young players they had hoarded. I think Chelsea in particular will need to shift on a lot of players.

I just hope Neto can get fit and we get a good price if he has to go.
prices generally will be much lower as will transfer activity. dont hold your breath. would we pay £60m for an injury prone winger?

Back
Top Bottom