Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The summer clear out to boost funds

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you will be lucky to see £20m from the lot - most of that will be from Silva.

For a lot of the players on loan, it's now more about not losing money than it is about making money.

If we can get fees that cover their remaining amortisation costs, we will probably take them. Then we are neutral in terms of amortised costs for the season, but we save money by losing their wages permanently.

We then have more room for manoeuvre once a big sale is made, to increase our amortised costs and wages.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is imperative we keep Gomes for another year at least unless someone offers stupid money.
Same with RAN, I thought he looked disinterested last season but that might have been JL's doing.
I'd sell Kilman and bring Yerson back.
He looks like he's enjoying himself right now, especially in an attacking role.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure people think he should be sold, but him being on £100k per week, 32 years old and only having a year left probably means there is a chance of it if an offer were to come in? I think 99% of fans would love another season out of him?
I wouldn't. He drifts out of too many games imo.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't. He drifts out of too many games imo.
I think with a slightly stronger squad we could perhaps use him a bit more sparingly, which might help us? He's a really talented footballer, a decent guy by all accounts and brings with him a tonne of experience. That's quite important in a young squad. I take your point and I can see that saving £5 million in wages and bringing in a few quid might be appealing if we have some decent targets, but I wouldn't be itching to say bye personally.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Sarabia, I definitely think we should keep him for another couple of years. I think of him like Joao Moutinho, who was 32 when we signed him but went on to play some of the best football of his illustrious career for the next 2 seasons. There has to be a place for class and experience in the team, it can’t all be 21 year olds running around everywhere.

In terms of who to sell to fund purchases it’s way too early to make any predictions as we have no idea what the market will be like yet. Many teams will be worried over PSR so it’s unlikely that there will be mass spending and that fees will be lower. That’s not necessarily an issue as selling someone like Neto for £40m isn’t a bad deal if every other player is similarly reduced in value and you’ll be paying less for his replacements.

The big unknown is the Saudi league. We don’t know whether they will go big again like they did last summer. If so then some big deals could be made and there may be more money flowing around between the clubs.

Back
Top Bottom