Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The summer clear out to boost funds

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So surely we will see a gathering of cash for the following , not including Sasa ( Long term injury )

Podence
Guedes
Silva
Campbell
Hoever
Hodge
Cundle
Bolla
Chiquinho ?

Feel free to add ( I don’t mean current first team just peripheral / fringe / surplus )

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
The first three on your list are the big three I think. If we can decent fees for those three (above what they’re worth on the books ideally) then it gives Hobbs a bit more breathing space. The rest we won’t get huge fees for but because most of them are academy players or players we paid small amounts for, pretty much whatever we get goes into the budget.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Wonder if Hugo Bueno may be one. Probably dependent on RAN but he’s understandably frustrated at not getting game time.

Would be pure profit too.

Would O’Neil have worked with Hoever in Liverpool’s U18’s?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you could add bouba to the list..... O'Neil just doesn't seem to fancy him....

Been saying for ages I would listen to offers for all of the players out on loan.... including Yerson if a decent offer came in....I get the kid has potential but I think we need investment in other areas of the squad more....Granted it would have to be a reasonable offer...

Last edited:

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So surely we will see a gathering of cash for the following , not including Sasa ( Long term injury )

Podence
Guedes
Silva
Campbell
Hoever
Hodge
Cundle
Bolla
Chiquinho ?

Feel free to add ( I don’t mean current first team just peripheral / fringe / surplus )

It's disappointing, but no one in that group is smashing their loan move to trigger a major sale.

I am sure Podence, Guedes, and Silva will have some interest, even if it's just from the teams they are currently at, but with the exception of Silva I don't expect anything other that a ****-taking low ball bid.

I think you will be lucky to see £20m from the lot - most of that will be from Silva.

With Neto's injury record we are going to be lucky to get a top fee from him as well. We may well get a 'deal' but I doubt many are going to be stumping up lots of money up front. Any deal is going to be structured on the basis of playing time, and in those big teams it's harder to get in the side and stay in.

We may see a headline £50/60m sale if he gets fit and plays for the end of the season, but you probably won't see much of that for team strengthening because the club simply won't have it.

I can see Neto staying and someone like Chelsea coming for Max or Spurs coming for Gomes. I don't see anyone paying enough for Cuhna or RAN at this stage, but we will see.

If we sell Neto, and your list we might clear £70m - but I don't we would spend more that £50m of that. I do think they will bulster the squad with out of contract players someone like Brownhill and Adams (although he is likely to get back to the prem with Southampton)

We may pick over the relegated sides looking for bargains and I expect a couple of south Americans to be found.

I think this summer window is going to be really interesting. Lots of clubs are going to move players on for FFP. I think you will see a lot of the big teams move on their better young players they had hoarded. I think Chelsea in particular will need to shift on a lot of players.

I just hope Neto can get fit and we get a good price if he has to go.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
I think it is imperative we keep Gomes for another year at least unless someone offers stupid money.
Same with RAN, I thought he looked disinterested last season but that might have been JL's doing.
I'd sell Kilman and bring Yerson back.

fleck1

Reaction score
We did the leg work last summer and took the hit to straighten out our finances, which leaves us in a good bargaining position. We now have a group of young, exciting and sort after players on long contracts, Neto, RAN, Cunha, Gomes, Max will all have eyes on them. More senior player like Lemina, Hwang and Semedo have probably put themselves on other clubs radars as well. Hugo is one I could see moving on he seems to be getting restless at the lack of game time, probably rightly so when he's watching Doc fill in down the left while he watches on.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it is imperative we keep Gomes for another year at least unless someone offers stupid money.
Same with RAN, I thought he looked disinterested last season but that might have been JL's doing.
I'd sell Kilman and bring Yerson back.
Yep, Gomes is the one we simply won’t be able to replace this summer.

I just hope these guys have the characters that they seem to have and don’t push for moves when their agents get in their ear.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Podence
Guedes
Silva
Campbell
Hoever
Hodge
Cundle
Bolla
Chiquinho ?

I think there is a very strong chance that most, if not all of those above, are moved on. I wouldn’t be shocked to see us sell Bueno and loan out Traore either? I imagine some will need to be loaned out because of the hit we’d take, but if all were to be sold I think we’d be looking at an absolute best case scenario of around £40-50 million perhaps?

Sounds like Mosquera will join the squad and then I imagine we’ll bring in someone like Brownhill on a free. Then depending on a big sale (neto probably) we’ll spend some of it on Rodrigo Gomes and a couple of attackers? Rowe and Wind maybe?

Total guesswork but wouldn’t look too shoddy on paper as a core group and would likely give us a bit of profit?

Sa, Bentley, King
Semedo, R Gomes, Ait Nouri, Doherty
Dawson, Kilman, Mosquera, Santi, Toti
Lemina, J Gomes, Doyle, Brownhill, Bellagarde
Sarabia, Cunha, Hwang, Rowe, Wind.

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hugo bueno 10 million (may ask to leave)
Fabio 10 million
Guedes 10 million
Podence 5 million
Sarabia 5 million
Boubacar traore 10 million
Cundle 1 million
Hodge 500k
Chiquinho 3 million
Neto 50 million
Hoever 2 million
Bolla 1.2 million

Roughly 108 million

WolvesinBrum

Groupie
Reaction score
Surely if there are anywhere near, Mosquera and Chiquinho are, at the very least, our squad depth?

If we've somehow got £50 million to spend, I think we need to spend around £15 - £20 mill on a number 9 - the kind of Gyokeres profile.

But yes, we need to keep hold of RAN and Gomes.

Neto, like Ruben for the last season or two, is ready to go. That was a big blow to our FA Cup, Prem position and summer transfer hopes yesterday.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio 10 million
Guedes 10 million
Podence 5 million
Sarabia 5 million
Cundle 1 million
Hodge 500k
Chiquinho 3 million
Neto 50 million
Hoever 2 million
Bolla 1.2 million

Roughly 108 million
I can’t see anyone paying £10m for boubacar, rest seem about right saying that I want Sarabia to stay

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Important to remember that for the likes of Podence, Guedes and Silva, due to the initial fee paid for them, it's unlikely we make any profit on the amount outstanding that is still due to be amortised. The fees for the rest of them are likely nominal, and Hoever certainly won't raise a profit.

I think the only major upside to selling those three is getting rid of their wages, but we can do that with loans, without taking on an immediate loss from selling them for less than their remaining amortised value. I just don't see any clubs paying above what those values currently are. Sadly they've become negative assets, and loaning them out is actually more financially viable to us.

I'd hope Chiquinho gets a place in the squad for a bit of added depth. At least give him the preseason to see if he can fit.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Podence
Guedes
Silva
Campbell
Hoever
Hodge
Cundle
Bolla
Chiquinho ?

If we replace that lot with Rodrigo Gomes and a new Striker, plus buy Doyle, give Semedo two years on his current deal and bring Yerson into the fold, we will have had a very good Summer.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, Gomes is the one we simply won’t be able to replace this summer.

I just hope these guys have the characters that they seem to have and don’t push for moves when their agents get in their ear.
The fact Gomes refused to be railroaded by his agent when he moved showed that shouldn't happen with him.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio 10 million
Guedes 10 million
Podence 5 million
Sarabia 5 million
Cundle 1 million
Hodge 500k
Chiquinho 3 million
Neto 50 million
Hoever 2 million
Bolla 1.2 million

Roughly 108 million
After the season he's had selling Sarabia for £5M would be barking.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much could we realistically get for hwang? Would our owners let him go as they have an obsession with commercial opportunities.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think Neto will be sold it be the wrangling over the fee that could go on all summer.
In a top four team he would be managed /rotated unlike playing every game for us.
Jota had his injuries maybe why he went for less than hoped at the time.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the season he's had selling Sarabia for £5M would be barking.
He's also shown he's our only forward that can stay fit! Outside of the obvious potential big sales we need to be replacing players that have got more value than their worth. Sarabia is not one of them. He's got a goal involvement almost every other game.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes, Podence and Fabio are the obvious ones. I don’t think we’d get much more than £20m combined for those.

Then Neto is the obvious one from the main squad, but that all depends on how much folks are put off by his injuries. If we can break our sale record for him as we’ve stated we would want to (£60m?) then hopefully that is enough from a sale POV, although some of the fringe players out on loan could raise an extra £5m-10m.

Bueno I wouldn’t want us to sell yet, but definitely needs a loan.

Bouba again I wouldn’t want us to sell, he is only 22 so plenty of space to improve and he is a useful squad player as it is.

We have a small squad already so no need to sell too many from it as it’s not easy to replace them.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Guedes, Podence and Fabio are the obvious ones. I don’t think we’d get much more than £20m combined for those.

Then Neto is the obvious one from the main squad, but that all depends on how much folks are put off by his injuries. If we can break our sale record for him as we’ve stated we would want to (£60m?) then hopefully that is enough from a sale POV, although some of the fringe players out on loan could raise an extra £5m-10m.

Bueno I wouldn’t want us to sell yet, but definitely needs a loan.

Bouba again I wouldn’t want us to sell, he is only 22 so plenty of space to improve and he is a useful squad player as it is.

We have a small squad already so no need to sell too many from it as it’s not easy to replace them.
Think it’s very difficult to just offload a bunch of players you want to when we are probably paying them a lot more per week than someone else is willing to, regardless of whether we take a cut price sale fee.

That aside two I hope are given more time to prove themselves with us are Traore and Hugo Bueno as think they’ve been unlucky not to have more game time.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Important to remember that for the likes of Podence, Guedes and Silva, due to the initial fee paid for them, it's unlikely we make any profit on the amount outstanding that is still due to be amortised. The fees for the rest of them are likely nominal, and Hoever certainly won't raise a profit.

I think the only major upside to selling those three is getting rid of their wages, but we can do that with loans, without taking on an immediate loss from selling them for less than their remaining amortised value. I just don't see any clubs paying above what those values currently are. Sadly they've become negative assets, and loaning them out is actually more financially viable to us.

I'd hope Chiquinho gets a place in the squad for a bit of added depth. At least give him the preseason to see if he can fit.
chiquinho isn't pulling up any trees for famalicão and is currently on the bench. He has about four goal contributions in a fair to middling league. He quit stoke when he got subbed instead of fighting for his place and that wasn't a good look.

At 24 it might be best he moves on with a sell on clause to protect ourselves.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's disappointing, but no one in that group is smashing their loan move to trigger a major sale.

I am sure Podence, Guedes, and Silva will have some interest, even if it's just from the teams they are currently at, but with the exception of Silva I don't expect anything other that a ****-taking low ball bid.

I think you will be lucky to see £20m from the lot - most of that will be from Silva.

With Neto's injury record we are going to be lucky to get a top fee from him as well. We may well get a 'deal' but I doubt many are going to be stumping up lots of money up front. Any deal is going to be structured on the basis of playing time, and in those big teams it's harder to get in the side and stay in.

We may see a headline £50/60m sale if he gets fit and plays for the end of the season, but you probably won't see much of that for team strengthening because the club simply won't have it.

I can see Neto staying and someone like Chelsea coming for Max or Spurs coming for Gomes. I don't see anyone paying enough for Cuhna or RAN at this stage, but we will see.

If we sell Neto, and your list we might clear £70m - but I don't we would spend more that £50m of that. I do think they will bulster the squad with out of contract players someone like Brownhill and Adams (although he is likely to get back to the prem with Southampton)

We may pick over the relegated sides looking for bargains and I expect a couple of south Americans to be found.

I think this summer window is going to be really interesting. Lots of clubs are going to move players on for FFP. I think you will see a lot of the big teams move on their better young players they had hoarded. I think Chelsea in particular will need to shift on a lot of players.

I just hope Neto can get fit and we get a good price if he has to go.
I agree with this on the whole, and as you say the summer Market will e interesting with teams realising ffp implications. Lots of teams will be looking to shift players with relatively fewer teams able to pay the big money. Is this the season the **** falls out of the market? Like you, I can't see a big team dropping big money on Neto currently. Gomes and Cunha and RAN will attract interest, but ideally we would want to keep them. I wouldn't be averse to Gary having a look at Chiquinho, Hoever and Lembikisa etc. I think our window may well be along the lines of spend two thirds of what we generate from sales, on one or 2 decent players and some youngsters

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Next year we need players that GON believes in and will get minutes off the bench. We want a happy squad but have a situation like in the past where we can whip out a podence or adama if there is any question mark injury wise over cunha for e.g.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Key people to stay are Cunha, Gomes, Ait-Nouri, Lemina and Kilman. Doyle obviously to be signed for £5m. Would keep Bouba, plenty of potential there. Mosquera to bolster cb options with Dawson beginning to be used more sparingly. Semedo contract runs out next year? Worth extending. Lemina obviously to remain.

If we could get a decent fee for Hwang would consider selling. Neto, nothing less than £70m and would keep him for another year ideally.
Fraser will go out on loan, Have a look at Hoever and Chiquinho in close season but sell if Gary doesn't fancy them. Hugo Bueno to stay and Santi Bueno who looks promising. Toti stays. Sarabia one more season as back up.
Podence, Guedes and Silva hopefully to go. Should raise £30m as long as they all remain fit. Massive loss money-wise but disastrous signings bar Podence who is having a good season in Greece.

We will need an absolute minimum of two new forwards (probably three), one being a target man- Wind of Wolfsburg? Sasa recuperation and career in the balance....

Perhaps an upgrade on Bentley to really challenge Sa? As long as we hold on to the crown jewels, bar a massive fee for Neto, and get in a quality centre forward and wide player as a minimum we could have another good season.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
chiquinho isn't pulling up any trees for famalicão and is currently on the bench. He has about four goal contributions in a fair to middling league. He quit stoke when he got subbed instead of fighting for his place and that wasn't a good look.

At 24 it might be best he moves on with a sell on clause to protect ourselves.
Disappointing to hear that, I had high expectations for him. Hopefully he'll have a strong end to the season. I'd still like to see him get a chance in preseason.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just to check, our 3 biggest potential 'deadwood' sales are

Podence 1 year left on his contract, book value £4m, doing reasonably at Olympiacos - might turn a small profit.

Guedes 3 years left on his contract, book value £18m, never got going at Benfica but looking better at Villareal, likely to be sold taking a book loss to lose the wages.

Fabio 2 years left on his contract, book value maybe £14m, looking like he's a reasonable squad player at Rangers. Still only turning 22 in July, so maybe someone (in the Mendes carousel) might let us break even on that.

So overall if we shifted those three without making a loss, getting their wages (that we aren't paying) off the books, that wouldn't be a bad result?

Is that about right? No transfer budget being generated there?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to check, our 3 biggest potential 'deadwood' sales are

Podence 1 year left on his contract, book value £4m, doing reasonably at Olympiacos - might turn a small profit.

Guedes 3 years left on his contract, book value £18m, never got going at Benfica but looking better at Villareal, likely to be sold taking a book loss to lose the wages.

Fabio 2 years left on his contract, book value maybe £14m, looking like he's a reasonable squad player at Rangers. Still only turning 22 in July, so maybe someone (in the Mendes carousel) might let us break even on that.

So overall if we shifted those three without making a loss, getting their wages (that we aren't paying) off the books, that wouldn't be a bad result?

Is that about right? No transfer budget being generated there?
Pretty much. That's why loans are more viable right now, factoring in the other club taking on the entirety of their wages and a loan fee as well.

It's not as simple as money in equals more money to spend. If we sell Guedes for £10m for instance, that's actually a loss of £8m (assuming that book value is correct) that immediately goes on our books for next year, which would be a disaster.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just as a note on a few of our younger players out on loan who could be moved on, Hodge and Cundle were both unused subs yesterday and Chem Campbell got 18 mins for Wycombe against Reading. Could have done with them all really looking the part but doesn’t sound like they are pulling up trees?

Bolla has done alright at Servette by the sounds -5 goals and 3 assists in 18. Do they have a purchase option?

In regards to Traore, I do think a decent loan and him playing regularly would benefit us/him. I wouldn’t be so quick to sell?

Back
Top Bottom