Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The OMG what a day Southampton verdict thread

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are some games that, if the narrative played out in a film or a book, you'd just roll your eyes at the far-fetched Hollywood shmaltz. But that game just happened.

Nathan Jones, the David Icke of football managers, slithers into the last gasp saloon. His team roar. Last week's man of the match Lemina gets sent off early for nonsenical reasons. Saints score. Jones feels redemption nestling in his hairy palms. Wolves flounder. Old fears wearily resurface.

An equaliser, scuffed in, but Southampton, despite being the team that's thrown away more points from winning positions than any other, still have extra man and referee advantage. Knife edge.

And then up steps the boy from Brazil, the debutante, the kid who showed loyalty and class and integrity, who kept his word to Wolves over the bright lights of Lyon. The Pitbull. He came to add steel to the midfield, not score crucial goals, right? But there he is. Right place, right time, exquisite finish. Winner.

The legend is cast in old gold, and we'll look back on this game in years to come and forget that we were mostly **** and instead only remember the sweetest possible fade out final scene to FreeJoaoGomes on the day we won 2-1 with 10 men when the chips were down, because of our new immortal hero.

Ryan Reynolds, this is real Hollywood football.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me sideways, upside down and round the back Joao Gomez. You beauty. That has to be well up there as one of the best second halves I ever seen from the old gold...erm... I mean green! When the dust finally settles and the anticipated hangover has been dealt with, that victory proves beyond doubt that we have a manager with a brain!
Free, e, super Joao Gomez,
Free, e, super Joao Gomez,
He came to the Wolves,
Cos it's the team he loves.
Is a man of his word,
Gave Lyon the bird,
We're singing,
Free, e, super Joao Gomez!

Last edited:

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m genuinely looking forward to hearing Nathan Jones’ post match interview to see how demented he is after this result
I’d be more amazed if there even if a Match Interview.

Would be astonished if he hasn’t had a P45 handed to him by now.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched that as the sole customer (once the Rugby finished) of a Maltese bar. Feed was delayed so the winner was shown as a highlight on the Arsenal game before the one I was watching. Difficult to go mental when you are the only customer but the owner was very understanding!
Great second half with too many heroes to mention. Special shout out to Bueno and Adama, not to mention our debutant - what a finish!

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Honestly, I've never followed a transfer more than Gomes. I was refreshing for Twitter and the Mix for news 300 times a day, for two weeks, hoping to see if we'd signed him.

This moment here makes all that time so worth it.
Me too! :D

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was Ward - Prowse doing with 2 short free kicks on edge of box. I was glad he did cos whilst he was stood over them I was ****ting it.
It was probably an instruction from their genius of a manager. There's really no other explanation why a player who is the best FK taker in tthe world wouldn't take at least one of those shots on... but thank god he didn't.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why must Soton feel robbed?
For no reason of foul play but Wouldn’t you after having all the help they did today and still getting their keks pulled down late on? They will have thought at 70mins they’d got that in the bag.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So maybe our lack of goals wasn't just down to the lack of a (Proper) forward that was peddled on here so aggressively by a few....

Maybe it was addressing the build up play to be quicker, more aggressive etc and maybe lopetugui was right to recruit and coach this ......just a thought.......

Last edited:

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's normally a 2-0 comeback at Southampton so today was easy!!!

Difference a good manager makes, Lage would have waited til 80 mins before changing anyone.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom