Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The OMG what a day Southampton verdict thread

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cunha might be the target man we want in a year of working in the gym but he's miles off it physically at the moment, Costa and Traore really gave us an outlet and stopped the ball constantly coming back when hit up to them.

Cunha would look better playing off a number 9, I reckon

More effective when we're on the front foot, but not a player to hold it up and give defenders a battle when we're under defensive pressure

Doesn't look much like a goal scorer to me either. Might hit a beauty every now and then but I'd be surprised if he's any better than a 1 in 5 man - I'd love to be wrong about this

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Huge 3 points and what a composed finish from Gomes. 3 points home to Bournemouth next week and we will really be in a good position. Like all games, not taking anything for granted.
Thought Traore was a menace second half and thank goodness Matheus was subbed.
If Matheus doesn’t make an impression before the end of the season, I think we should get rid along with Guedes. Neither seem suited for the Prem. 3 from Neves, Lemina, Gomes and Bob Traore for me.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think a Saints fan nailed it with this and demonstrates how good JL really is. Makes the right calls at the right time

The second half was there for us, we needed to come out and stamp our feet all over that game. 10 men, pace in the attack and they had a few players on yellows. But the tactical changes Wolves made at HT totally baffled us, they stuck two in the middle and kept the width - having Traore out wide kept us occupied so we couldn't commit too high, so it was a bold move in that sense. We still had more bodies in the middle, but we just didn't seem to know how to counter those changes.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who’s got a video of that Neves touch and pass. Outrageous.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't stop punching the air, wife thinks I've got brain damage!
Six months ago we all would have known this result after 30 minutes, now we humiliated LiVARpool and fought our way back in a very physical match.
Unbelievable result, great team effort, fighting spirit I haven't seen since beating Citeh!
Massive respect to our defence too, held out till halftime so we could reassess and make the changes.
COYW!!!

Kcrusader

Groupie
Reaction score
Absolutely incredible victory and scenes in the away end. Reminds me when we beat Bristol City away with 10 men and Bennett scored in front of the away fans in the final minute! Being sober i thought I’d celebrate the goal differently, how wrong was I lol. Wolves, only Wolves. Come on me babbies!

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gillet is usually a tidy ref from what I have seen but he was off it today and some of his decisions were bizarre.
Glad it didn’t cost us points

It was really just the first half. Second half, he was better. It was really like he’d come into the game like a bear with a sore head, and took it out on some of our players.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was really just the first half. Second half, he was better. It was really like he’d come into the game like a bear with a sore head, and took it out on some of our players.
It was really strange and awful in equal measures. He genuinely seemed determined to send Lemina off like he had some kind of grudge going in.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t think we can even appeal a double yellow sending off can we?

Will it be a one match suspension?
Yea 1 match.

Which, watching Bournemouth now, is a bit of a ******* actually. They’ve got a big, mobile midfield by the look of it.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As per last week, it was someone’s birthday and we win.

Today, it’s my birthday and we’ve won.

Who’s celebrating when we play Bournemouth?
It’s mine on Thursday if that’s any good?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Lemina was yellow carded for being the 3rd player running to the referee in an aggresive manner! Is that a law? No, me neither.

Back
Top Bottom