Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The "Nuno Out" Myth

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just want the record to be set straight on this.
Last night I saw 1 clip of a West Brom fan on a wind up demanding Nuno be sacked and then a lot of tweets from those moaning that people were demanding Nuno be sacked
Now granted I have not exactly perused this thread with a fine toothcomb but I just need someone to clear this up. Has anyone, on any social media platform demanding he be sacked and been serious about it?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last night I saw 1 clip of a West Brom fan on a wind up demanding Nuno be sacked and then a lot of tweets from those moaning that people were demanding Nuno be sacked
Now granted I have not exactly perused this thread with a fine toothcomb but I just need someone to clear this up. Has anyone, on any social media platform demanding he be sacked and been serious about it?
There was some idiot on 5live but whether he truly was a Wolves fan....

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno will be her until he::

a) Leaves for a bigger club

Or

b) Fosun decide it is time for a change.
Absolutely correct. If we have a disappointing season then option b) is, in my opinion, a distinct possibility. Despite all the waffle this is an investment to Fosun (and profitable so far) and if that investment depracates significantly, they would get rid without a seconds thought.

My view is that we have, again, had a flawed recruitment strategy during the Summer; who thought that selling 2 experienced players and buying/loaning 3 young players with virtually no experience would improve the team, and it would be a good idea to have no proven back up striker? Nuno could suffer for it and, of course, I assume he sanctioned the ins and outs.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if there are a few dingbats who want him out......so what?

Az Wolf

Reaction score
If someone claiming to be a wolves fan wants Nuno sacked, then there's two possibilities:

A) They're on the wind up. B) They're unbelievably, unfathomably stupid.

If you want Nuno out and you don't fall into Column A, then I have some grave news.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
N O. !!!

Certainly not me, nor anyone I know, nor indeed in my opinion anyone with more than half a brain.

Sorry, but I don’t know how to make that word any bigger. I would if I could, I can assure you.

He is so much more than just a manager.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As far as i know not one person has said they want a change of leadership

Is Nuno untouchable? of course not, its a results based tenure, and as long as we keep our heads above water this season its fine

We all know we are trying to change our style,we also know that we will come unstuck at times while doing so,and so do Fosun

As long as Nuno commands the dressing room,and the players do their best,no one can ask for more

Of course if the wheels come off big time then its another matter, but ive seen nothing that vaguely says that will happen,and we take the occasional hit on the chin dust ourselves down and move on

We knew these 2 months were much harder than the start we had, and expected some losses along the way,and as long as the players respond in the next game ,as we expect, all is well

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just the usual McCarthyism (no, not Mick. For goodness sake.)

"Are you now, or have you ever been, anti-Nuno?"

"No, sir."

"Really? I present to you the evidence of December 6th, on MolMix, and I quote, 'the midfield lacked guile, and Nuno got the formation wrong tonight.' Did you or did not you not construct such a post and press 'Send'?"

"Well... yes... but, I didn't say I wanted Nuno out, I just-"

"Witch! Wiiiiiiitch!!"

As sure as night follows day follows night, if we lose, someone will post criticism, and then someone will criticise the criticism, and then someone will raise the Nuno Out Numpty accusations. and discussions about 4-3-1-2 vs 5-3-2 and Neves' ideal positioning will degenerate into whether you're a proper fan or not.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m like most male fans, even if I found Nuno in bed with my Mrs, I’d take him a cup of tea and fluff up his pillow.
If Fosun pulled the trigger if we were in a relegation dog fight, my heart would drop out my ****.
Will I continue to be critical of nights like last night? Of course I will but it’s only because of the great nights Nuno has given us and shown how good we can be.
Love the man!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just the usual McCarthyism (no, not Mick. For goodness sake.)

"Are you now, or have you ever been, anti-Nuno?"

"No, sir."

"Really? I present to you the evidence of December 6th, on MolMix, and I quote, 'the midfield lacked guile, and Nuno got the formation wrong tonight.' Did you or did not you not construct such a post and press 'Send'?"

"Well... yes... but, I didn't say I wanted Nuno out, I just-"

"Witch! Wiiiiiiitch!!"

As sure as night follows day follows night, if we lose, someone will post criticism, and then someone will criticise the criticism, and then someone will raise the Nuno Out Numpty accusations. and discussions about 4-3-1-2 vs 5-3-2 and Neves' ideal positioning will degenerate into whether you're a proper fan or not.
I’m not sure I understand. Because the guy was critical of Nuno, it was then taken as a ‘Nuno Out’ position?
I’m not being obtuse, I just don’t get the position :(

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno will be here until he::

a) Leaves for a bigger club

Or

b) Fosun decide it is time for a change.
Nuno won't get a) until he wins something or gets us established as a top 6 team. That doesn't appear likely so it will be b). Or there is a c) alternative. Nuno might just say he needs a break. Unlikely as he will be walking away from a contract but if the team struggles over the next 12 months he might decide that his family in Portugal is more important.

kapitiwolf

Reaction score
Nope,he has got unfinished business with us.God bless him.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never want to see him go but fosun got a taste of Europe and in sure they'll be desperate to grow the brand ever more via that route, could the previous seasons achievements be adding to the pressure if we start to settle around 10th-13th while we readjust to a more open style? Fosun want us top 6 to match their ambitions, whether those ambitions are realistic they'll be expecting them to be met especially after consecutive 7th place finishes, 'IF' we fizzed out at mid table this season then the pressure is sadly on Nuno imo.

D

Deleted member 4008

Like it or not managers get stale . How many managers have last five years or more at their club in the prem ? . So if fosun want change they will make it but for me I think our model is about moving players around . So nuno improves them a d they make money . So we are a selling club now and mid table will be us for a few seasons .

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never want to see him go but fosun got a taste of Europe and in sure they'll be desperate to grow the brand ever more via that route, could the previous seasons achievements be adding to the pressure if we start to settle around 10th-13th while we readjust to a more open style? Fosun want us top 6 to match their ambitions, whether those ambitions are realistic they'll be expecting them to be met especially after consecutive 7th place finishes, 'IF' we fizzed out at mid table this season then the pressure is sadly on Nuno imo.

If Fosun are being realistic, they will know that they are going to have to invest few hundred million pounds more in the next year or two, to get into the top 6 and be in Europe every year. If they don't do that, then anything over around 8th is over achieving. Our spending is not as high as the big 6. If we finish mid table, the pressure is on Fosun to splash the cash...if they want to challenge the top 6.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No.
Nuno will be with us 2.5 years more.
After that I think we will change manager.

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno gets too much credit.

He is a very good manager and has been great for us but let’s look at it without the blinkers on.

We had champions league players in the Championship when we got promoted.

Despite playing some attractive football. We never went for the jugular tactically. We were always reserved. He also made plenty of errors. Forest at home and Norwich at home were two insights into his naivety.

In our first season back we spent considerable sums and got players of high international calibre.

Any team that signs Neves, Jota, Boly, Moutinho, Patricio, Jimenez, Traore, Jonny and co in 2 seasons is going to challenge the top 10 in the prem.

We did very very well but again, his naivety (which we saw against Norwich the season before) cost us an FA Cup final.

last season wasn’t a good season on and off the pitch. The way we ended showed that what made the players perform wasn’t Nuno, it was Wolves fans. As soon as covid came around we looked dispondent, slow, disinterested and scared.

Wolves fans when happy are the best in this country and that helps the players more than Nuno’s team talks quite evidently.

He single hadidly cost us top 6 and Europe by being scared and weak playing defensive and negative football.

He chose not to go for the League Cup which was a great opportunity of getting a cup run.

He then proceeded to get knocked out first go in the FA Cup playing stupid team selections.

We then went out in the Europa league in the most embarrassing negative performance imaginable.

This season we’re average. We haven’t improved. We’re no better than 2 years ago yet we’ve spent £250m? Who’s to blame?

The tactics are all over the shop. He doesn’t know what to do half the time. He presses the panic button. Switches players role mid game. We haven’t signed a CM or CB which are the most obvious positions we needed to strengthen.

Nuno has gone from a 10 to a 7 and he is on his way to a 6. Fosun will be thinking the same. And looking at the bigger picture. Growing the brand, attracting top players! Playing the way Nuno does? Boring ell. We’ll have very little chance. If it wasn’t for Mendes pulling the strings no attack minded player would choose to come to us.

Next season we’ll be 2-3 players less of our top guys, they will leave. We won’t get into Europe. We won’t win a cup and in reality, Nuno will be counting his lucky stars if he is still in his position next season if, or most probably when those scenarios do happen.

You don’t get to the top by scoring 11 goals in 11 games and you certainly don’t get to the top by conceding more than you score.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He is a very good manager and has been great for us but let’s look at it without the blinkers on.

Despite playing some attractive football. We never went for the jugular tactically. We were always reserved. He also made plenty of errors. Forest at home and Norwich at home were two insights into his naivety.

In our first season back we spent considerable sums and got players of high international calibre.

Any team that signs Neves, Jota, Boly, Moutinho, Patricio, Jimenez, Traore, Jonny and co in 2 seasons is going to challenge the top 10 in the prem.

We did very very well but again, his naivety (which we saw against Norwich the season before) cost us an FA Cup final.

last season wasn’t a good season on and off the pitch. The way we ended showed that what made the players perform wasn’t Nuno, it was Wolves fans. As soon as covid came around we looked dispondent, slow, disinterested and scared.

Wolves fans when happy are the best in this country and that helps the players more than Nuno’s team talks quite evidently.

He single hadidly cost us top 6 and Europe by being scared and weak playing defensive and negative football.

He chose not to go for the League Cup which was a great opportunity of getting a cup run.

He then proceeded to get knocked out first go in the FA Cup playing stupid team selections.

We then went out in the Europa league in the most embarrassing negative performance imaginable.

This season we’re average. We haven’t improved. We’re no better than 2 years ago yet we’ve spent £250m? Who’s to blame?

The tactics are all over the shop. He doesn’t know what to do half the time. He presses the panic button. Switches players role mid game. We haven’t signed a CM or CB which are the most obvious positions we needed to strengthen.

Nuno has gone from a 10 to a 7 and he is on his way to a 6. Fosun will be thinking the same. And looking at the bigger picture. Growing the brand, attracting top players! Playing the way Nuno does? Boring ell. We’ll have very little chance. If it wasn’t for Mendes pulling the strings no attack minded player would choose to come to us.

Next season we’ll be 2-3 players less of our top guys, they will leave. We won’t get into Europe. We won’t win a cup and in reality, Nuno will be counting his lucky stars if he is still in his position next season if, or most probably when those scenarios do happen.

You don’t get to the top by scoring 11 goals in 11 games and you certainly don’t get to the top by conceding more than you score.
This post will get a **** load of flack BUT I feel there are several points which are justified. Nuno is a good but not great manager certainly held back by an over cautious approach. There are better managers about (but not saying they would join Wolves).

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

To summarise your views: Anything good Nuno did was only to be expected. Everything conceivable that went wrong (l'm amazed that you didn't claim that he caused Raul's fractured skull) was directly down to him. He's lucky to be employed and should be got rid of ASAP.

Personally l'm torn between wondering if you are a WUM or stoned out of your brain. I am prepared to bet that you are in a minority of not much more than one amongst Wolves fans assuming, which is highly questionable, that you actually are one.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This post will get a **** load of flack BUT I feel there are several points which are justified. Nuno is a good but not great manager certainly held back by an over cautious approach. There are better managers about (but not saying they would join Wolves).
The small number of possibly valid points are swamped by the massive quantity of complete crap.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And I’ve just read the funniest post ever!

As pointed out, anything good isn’t Nuno, anything bad is Nuno? And we’ve not spent anywhere like £250m, Christ on a net spend I bet Nuno has spent little more than £40m, or in other terms one Richarlson or less than one Fred!

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There is pros and there is cons with almost everything in life.Same goes for Nunos management.
The absolute key will be where we are in two seasons time.
In order for us to progress beyond seventh place in a solid way,we must attain the needed quality for it playing the right way.
Being solid defensively alone will not cut it..and the other part of the equation hasn´t Nuno solved in his other jobs as manager up to date.

IF Nuno is progressing and is getting better as a manager,then he will be in a position to chose if he wants to continue managing us in two seasons time.More of what has happened before in his career..and I am pretty sure our owners will look towards someone else to take us further up the ladder.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I can only assume you lost big bets on the Forest and Norwich games three years ago. Talk about holding a grudge!

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You dont build a project like this without Nuno staying for the long term and rightly so. The backroom team, recruitment process and way we play is all through Nuno. Anyone calling for his head is just stupid. Half the team is Portuguese I dont think getting rid of our Portuguese manager after signing them all is very clever, do you? Nonsense that its even discussed. Relegation the only thing that may change it, if even that.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can only assume you lost big bets on the Forest and Norwich games three years ago. Talk about holding a grudge!

Funny how we remember the bad times so vividly? Ran away with the league, one of the highest points scores ever. Yet the matches from that season that will live forever in memory? The Forest defeat and Norwich draw after being 2-0 up. :D

All those narrow one goal wins, totally forgettable, lucky to scrape through any of them. The hammerings of Leeds, Bolton etc? Well, the opponents were Midland Combination level, we should have scored more. Villa? Ah, now you're talking. Terrible decision making from Nuno *again* to pick a totally outplayed Batth. Oh, you mean the other Villa match, the win? That doesn't count as Grealish was injured.

An interesting thing about Nuno's time here - every time we've won, it's only been against teams who were, on the day, worse than us. You have to question it, don't you? :p

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The first 2/3 of the post had merit and then I think you overegged the custard.
We all have our faults, Nuno included, but we currently have the best Wolves team we have had that many of us can remember, and a large part of that team cohesion is down to Nuno.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it too late for Mutchy to arrange to send a giant Christmas card to Nuno, containing all our own messages/blessings?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ok ill feed the wum.

You pick out individual games that show his "naivety" and "he doesnt know what he's doing half the time" but you dont pick out games where we have tactically outplayed better teams or the "other half of the time" when he tactially outmaneouvres teams.

We went out in Europe to the team that won the competition and on the way missed a penalty that could have got us through, so fine margins. It was hardly an embarassing performance seeing as we lost in the last minute.

If he single handedly lost us sixth place, did he single handedly get us 7th?

If you want to rate him 6 out of 10, that fine as long as I can rate you 1 out of 10 as a wum, ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom