Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Museum

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate to bring it up again, but I have been a fierce critic of not letting season ticket holders in for free. But.....I took my brother in law, a big Celtic fan, in today as we had a few hrs to kill.

It was $$$$ing superb. The memorabilia was one thing, but for those that have been the video cinema thing actually made me well up. When we came out he said wolves have done u proud there. And he was right.

Forget the moxey fee etc, cos that exhibition deserves more than one wolves fan and one Celtic fan on a Saturday.

Fair play sm. a listing legacy that was worth it.

10/10

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its unfortunate that it has become a stick to beat the club with. Or should I say the men at the top.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like i must get my ass down there

You will not regret it mate.

Don't care what anyone says it is well worth it.

You get what you pay for these days and with that Museum you get a Wolves history experience that every Wolves fan, young and old should see.

You will be blown away by what you see. It will make you even more proud to be part of this football club.

Get down there. You will love it.

L

Lupu

When I went to UK to watch Wolves vs. Bristol City, my father insisted to go to the Museum. I enjoyed it tremendously. Thumbs up.

hankin

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I went there with my son and we loved it. As a season ticket holder I don't begrudge paying for the admission tickets at all; it must have cost the club a lot to set up, and was good value for money compared to most family attractions.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is worth putting aside the issues of price and 'season ticket holders for free' just for a moment and judging the museum on its merits. I went with my family (4 generations worth) a few months back and was blown away - I'd recommend any wolves fan to go. Actually, I'd recommend any football fan with a sense of history and an interest in the game's past to take a look.

As well as row upon row of cabinets with fascinating items (I loved the one from the thirties with the player's diary from a European tour in 1938), there are interactive games, historic films, old shirts (how lovely was the old gold colour of the 50s/60s shirts?) and of course...

[…] for those that have been the video cinema thing actually made me well up.

You're right - it's brilliant and captures the rises and falls of the club amazingly well. You'd really have to be a miserable sod not to enjoy it!

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a cabinet there is the original letter from Major Frank Buckley asking for "The lad Wright" to come in tomorrow to well, basically see how he gets on.

I think he did OK. to be fair to the lad.

kidderminster wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Its unfortunate that it has become a stick to beat the club with. Or should I say the men at the top.

Agree 100%, i have said a few times on this board when this subject has cropped up that its well worth the entrance fee. The Moxey/Morgan bashing is tiresome now especially when it comes to such things like this.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree 100%, i have said a few times on this board when this subject has cropped up that its well worth the entrance fee. The Moxey/Morgan bashing is tiresome now especially when it comes to such things like this.

Well said.

wolfinaguernsey

Reaction score
if you have ticket cash use it against entrance fee we did I will go again brilliant to look around

clifs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well done the club. Better to have a good exhibition and pay for it than a free one which is full of tat. Glad the club has made a good job which befits our history. Well done to all concerned.

Chuck Murray

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but good things and praise for the museum from those I know who have visited. Being from away, I plan to attend the next time I get the opportunity.

kinda666

Groupie
Reaction score
Haven't been in yet, I don't begrudge having to pay to get in, but I assume once you've been in, its unlikely you'll be rushing to go back in?? Went on the royal yacht Britannia last year and after you've paid your admission fee you can send your receipt off and get a years free pass, think the black country museum do/have done similar in the past..

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there last year and thought it was great.

Will be making another visit soon as there is a lot to take in.

W

wolseleyw

Took my lads 18 and 14 and they loved it - it's a must see for wolves fans if you want to educate yourself on our glorious history.

Sent from Wolseley

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me and my mate took our 7 year old lads last year they loved the interactive penalty shoot outs, for all the things he's got wrong mr Morgan deserves massive credit for the museum

Soho Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
removed original comment

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Edgmond Wolf

Yes....
I am going
My son is going..
Old Gold is going...

PM for Old Gold

Beer and food mate

Wolfion

Reaction score
Assumng you don't rush how long does it take to get round the museum?

itsmee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good 60 to 90 mins, if you check everything out including being a penalty taker or goalie.
Great fun! Jumpers for goalposts anyone?

wildfire_wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can you book family tickets online? It's confusing me (easily done!).

I want to order 1 family and 1 senior ticket but banging my head against the wall.

@

@ComptonStars

Can you book family tickets online? It's confusing me (easily done!).

I want to order 1 family and 1 senior ticket but banging my head against the wall.

I would just go on the day, you don't need to book also don't have to pay £1.50 Moxey tax

M

Major Winters

I've been twice - just after Christmas for the last 2 years. It really is excellent and I'd recommend it to anyone.

The 2nd time I went I took my little boy who loved the interactive games. He's a bit too young to appreciate all the history/memorabilia but he spent ages on the games so he was impressed too!

A proud history in a proud setting. If you haven't been yet, go and see it.

B

Battleship

Went to the museum this summer. Because my boy was only 5, he was allowed in for free. We challenged another guy in there to the Wolves quiz game, and we beat him!

The only thing that marred the experience was that my boy beat me at the penalty shoot out - so obviously that piece of equipment is faulty. ;)

M

Mr Wolf

I'd like to see every new singing be taken around the museum after being charged of course.

Back
Top Bottom