Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Loan Window thread

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm hoping Mark Fotheringham will make a triumphant return. We are a bit light in midfield.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Morgan Amalfitano, James Collins and Joey O'Brien available from West Ham.

Liam Bridcutt and Will Buckley from Sunderland.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a certain Scottish striker plying his trade at Sunderland at the moment, who was once fabulous, and I still really rate - who cannot get a game over Danny Graham and seems as low on confidence as any striker could at the moment.

Still a quality player in there. Suggested him last season too. Maybe?

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a certain Scottish striker plying his trade at Sunderland at the moment, who was once fabulous, and I still really rate - who cannot get a game over Danny Graham and seems as low on confidence as any striker could at the moment.

His wages would almost immediately rule us out surely??

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I think your #headsgone. That gob$$$$e can $$$$ right off.

Tring Wolf

Reaction score

He's still involved in their squad though, isn't he?

If he went on loan, I reckon he'd be more likely to join up with his best mate at Fulham...

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If he would come we would be crazy not to take him. The best striker at Wolves since Bully by a country mile.

R

robwolf

Apparently Rodrigo Possebon(3 games for ManU) has a number of trials set up with championship clubs. Wonder if we're one....

Pompey Wolf

Reaction score
Apparently Rodrigo Possebon(3 games for ManU) has a number of trials set up with championship clubs. Wonder if we're one....
I hope not....according to Wiki, he has made 20 career league appearances in 8 years.

Makes Boukari look like a workaholic.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fletcher needs a serious rejuvenation or else his career is basically going down the pan. I honestly think we could perhaps provide him with that. Some will say why should we help him when he refused to help us, etc, and that would be absolutely correct - but as Mugwump says if he is available we would be silly to not take a look. It wouldn't surprise me if a loan move to a Championship club materialised for him soon either, and ahead of his contract expiring at the end of the summer, could literally be a case of make or break time for him.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fletcher needs a serious rejuvenation or else his career is basically going down the pan. I honestly think we could perhaps provide him with that. Some will say why should we help him when he refused to help us, etc, and that would be absolutely correct - but as Mugwump says if he is available we would be silly to not take a look. It wouldn't surprise me if a loan move to a Championship club materialised for him soon either, and ahead of his contract expiring at the end of the summer, could literally be a case of make or break time for him.

A loan to a championship would be a great move for him.

He's had a poor few years in a poor Sunderland team that's probably going to be even poorer this time, three poor seasons on the trot isn't where you want to be when you're contracts expired and you've only realistically got one big contract left in your career.

A few months in the championship banging in goals for fun and people in football will soon be saying its Sunderland rather than the player that was the problem over the last couple of seasons, a much better position to be in.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score

Not again.....we had the Fletcher drum going last season!

Once your head's gone from where it was it's unlikely to find itself back there without looking very sheepish. #$$$$him #noton

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not again.....we had the Fletcher drum going last season!

Once your head's gone from where it was it's unlikely to find itself back there without looking very sheepish. #$$$$him #noton

And it was me banging it then! :D Even got good old Tim Nash writing an exclusive on it #cringe!

To be fair, I was without doubt his biggest fan back in his time at Wolves, I felt so much vindication when Mick finally decided to actually play him and as a result he single-handedly kept us up. I guess it is the romantic side of me that would like to see him back at Wolves banging in the goals!

Tring Wolf

Reaction score
Wilson signs on loan for Derby

Good signing. Gives them a different option to Martin or Bent.

Surely Derby have to click at some point with the players they have there.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good signing. Gives them a different option to Martin or Bent.

Surely Derby have to click at some point with the players they have there.

It would be verging on ridiculous if they didn't at least make the top 6. I am not looking forward to playing them at there place again.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think your #headsgone. That gob$$$$e can $$$$ right off.

Totally agree wisaw.how the $$$$ anyone can utter the blokes name when he day want to play for us anymore I DO NOT KNOW.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So Wilson off to Derby. Where is the striker we need on loan?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
So Wilson off to Derby. Where is the striker we need on loan?

In fairness they have only known we needed one for 11 days.We knew Sako was going for 12 months and we didn't get a replacement.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derby are light years ahead of us in the transfer market. Wolves plod and aim low, Derby move fast and aim high. We will see if they gain promotion or not. With that squad anything less should mean immediate sacking of the manager. Its early days so we shall see how it unfolds. But I will be amazed if Derby don't go up. We won't that is for sure. The dead hand of the two Ms strikes again. Just hope that if that is the way it pans out the supporters keep away in their droves. That is the only way the Board will get the message we have had enough. KJ will keep us in the top half but that will be it imv. If he does better than that he really will deserve a medal and a massive pay rise considering the poor backing he receives. We are such a second rated club now is it any wonder we struggle to bring in half decent players?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness they have only known we needed one for 11 days.We knew Sako was going for 12 months and we didn't get a replacement.

We should have signed a fourth striker in the first place to cover the eventuality of an injury to Dicko or Afobe. Any half baked professional team has at least four proper strikers to compete with each other over a hard, long season. There are no excuses, poor management, plus penny-pinching as usual. And now we will be picking up from the dregs to get even a third striker on loan. And no Enokhbare is not ready, promising though he is at 17.

PS KJ was so sharp that yesterday he was proclaiming Wilson would not be let out on loan and even if he was there would be masses of competition so little chance for us. And yet at a stroke while our club sleeps Derby do the deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
We should have signed a fourth striker in the first place to cover the eventuality of an injury to Dicko or Afobe. Any half baked professional team has at least four proper strikers to compete with each other over a hard, long season. There are no excuses, poor management, plus penny-pinching as usual. And now we will be picking up from the dregs to get even a third striker on loan. And no Enokhbare is not ready, promising though he is at 17.

Not forgetting of course that a striker coming here now can only sign for 93 days which doesn't even take us up to the next window and then we will have to start all over again.As you say we should have signed a fourth striker and we won't even mention Sako's replacement

E

Essex Wolf

Best to expect nothing and then whoever is signed will be a lovely surprise even if they aren't really what's needed.

I'm really looking forward to the squad being improved upon with another Graham or Sagbo signing.

Moira Stewart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As soon as Derby were in the running I think KJ had given up on him, he as good as said that the other day. Fortunately Nathan Tyson at Doncaster is available for loan and I think with a bit of negotation we'd be able to afford his wages.

E

Essex Wolf

As soon as Derby were in the running I think KJ had given up on him, he as good as said that the other day. Fortunately Nathan Tyson at Doncaster is available for loan and I think with a bit of negotation we'd be able to afford his wages.

Didn't see that MS but if KJ is admitting defeat as such then it could end up with Wolves just chasing the best of what's left after all the clubs ahead of Wolves have finished their business?

E

Essex Wolf

That's it. Lets bring Clarke back and oh say pay £750K for the privilege after a fantastic loan spell.

B

BournemouthWanderer

May be totally wrong and not saying that we will get him in, but where has it been confirmed that James Wilson has moved to Derby on loan?

Back
Top Bottom