Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Loan Window thread

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our favourite time of the year :D wonder if we'll look to dip in at any point. Starts next Wednesday I believe?

Kcb92

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can definitely see us getting another striker in with Dicko's injury.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those interested, put together a list of players that would realistically be available on loan that have played very little for their respective clubs in the Premier League. There are probably loads more that could be targeted but this is a list of wingers, strikers and attacking midfielders.

Libor Kozak (0 appearances, 2x on bench)
Leonardo Ulloa (1 substitute appearance, 4x on bench)
Andrej Kramaric (0 appearances, 3x on bench)
Dwight Gayle (1 substitute appearance, 3x on bench)
Fraizer Campbell (0 substitute appearances, 0x on bench)
Carlton Cole (Free Agent)
Marvin Sordell (Free Agent)
Marvin Emnes (0 substitute appearances, 0x on bench)
James Wilson (0 substitute appearances, 0x on bench)

Jonny Williams (0 substitute appearances, 0x on bench)
Joe Cole (0 substitute appearances, 2x on bench)
Will Buckley (0 substitute appearances, 0x on bench)
Jordi Gomez (0 substitute appearances, 0x on bench)
Lee Chung Yong (2 substitute appearances, 3x on bench)
Peter Odemwingie (1 substitute appearance, 1x on bench)
Jesse Lingard (0 substitute appearances, 0x on bench)
Joao Teixeira (0 substitute appearances, 0x on bench)

You are welcome, Jez.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There were some rumours knocking around about mike Williamson from Newcastle, centre half. Would like someone like Emnes or Dwight Gayle but obviously won't happen

E

E is for idiot.

The Forest chairman reckons they have signed Jonny Williams already. Something to do with the paperwork being in before 6 but it hasn't been cleared yet. It was on the BBC earlier.

WWFC_Melbourne

Reaction score
The Forest chairman reckons they have signed Jonny Williams already. Something to do with the paperwork being in before 6 but it hasn't been cleared yet. It was on the BBC earlier.

It would certainly make sense given Antonio's departure

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet another thread of spouting unobtainable players and then moaning when we don't get anybody decent.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to add a few more who are unlikely to be involved much, not saying they are all realistic;

Joel Campbell (Arsenal)
Bertrand Traore (Chelsea)
Stephane Sessegnon (Sandwell) - probably go to UAE or China
Morgan Amalfitano (West Ham)
Gaston Ramirez (S'ton)
Elliot Bennett (Norwich)
Andros Townsend (Spurs) as I said, not saying they are all realistic
Yoan Gouffran (N'castle)
Aiden McGeady (Everton)
Andrej Kramaric (Leicester)
Junior Stanislas (Bournemouth)
N'zogbia (Villa)
Carles Gil (Villa)
Yann Kermorgant (Bouremouth)
Victor Anichabe (Sandwell)
Saido Berahino (Sandwell) ;)
Alex Pritchard (Spurs)
Rolando Aarons (N'castle)
Joe Leadly (Palace)
Lee Chung-yong (Palace)
Gary Hooper (Norwich)
Emmanuel Adebayor (Spurs)

Amazing how many PL players earning pretty large sums of money won't be playing much in the next 6 months for their club and that's without looking at keepers, defenders and central midfielders.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

robwolf

Wouldn't sessegnon be a decent shout? Must live local and would surely prefer to stay here than go to uae or China....

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can I be the first to suggest Robbie Keane?

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't sessegnon be a decent shout? Must live local and would surely prefer to stay here than go to uae or China....

Not with the amount of money he would earn in either of those 2 countries

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Could see a double bid for Mike Williamson and Ivan Toney from Newcastle.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see who is left out of the 25 man squads.

V Wolf

Reaction score
If N'Zogbia could rediscover half the player he was at Wigan he would absolutely tear this division apart! Just never seemed to be interested at Villa which is a shame as he was fantastic before going there.

Although, you would have said that about Graham (not to mention quite a few others!) before he came here on loan!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see who is left out of the 25 man squads.

That is the other farcical part of having the Window close 4 games in .Premier League clubs only now have to declare their 25 man squads.Anyone left out can only go out on loan to Football League clubs or be left in limbo for 4 months .It is a stupid system.

E

Essex Wolf

If the club are to be reliant on the loan window I hope to God they're a damn site more successful than in the one just closed.

D

Deleted member 4008

Will be interesting to see if we use the loan market. As bringing in Prem players surely means paying their wages. Something I don't see Bill and Ben doing .

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be very surprised if we don't bring a striker in on loan. Fraizer Campbell would be decent.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When are the 25 man squads announced ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And I wonder if there's a few gems ? [emoji102]

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That is the other farcical part of having the Window close 4 games in .Premier League clubs only now have to declare their 25 man squads.Anyone left out can only go out on loan to Football League clubs or be left in limbo for 4 months .It is a stupid system.
And FIFA are trying to stop the FL loan windows, so you'd have a load of footballers playing reserve football for 4 months and even then there's a limit on the number of overage players i believe.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jonathan Walters (Stoke).
There was speculation about him moving on deadline day but nothing materialised.
Not shy of finding the net that's for sure but wage demands could be high.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I posted on another thread a few days ago but didn't see a response, how many loans are we actually allowed?

D

DigZeeDean

I think its 4 at any one time and up to 8 over a season but I am not 100%

D

DigZeeDean

Off the top of my head you can only name five in your matchday squad (so there's little point in having more than that), and no more than two over the age of 23 from the same club?

Something like that, it's all in S52 on here:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx

Albeit it's a bit wordy

You're not kidding lol. I was just looking at that page myself and can see my info was wrong but I did say I wasn't 100% sure.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Off the top of my head you can only name five in your matchday squad (so there's little point in having more than that), and no more than two over the age of 23 from the same club?

Something like that, it's all in S52 on here:

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx

Albeit it's a bit wordy

Very wordy! So realistically only 2 more loans allowed if we can only name 5 in the squad?

G

GNLwolf

Very wordy! So realistically only 2 more loans allowed if we can only name 5 in the squad?

I may be wide of the mark, but I think so yes. Personally, I would imagine we'd sign a striker and then see how we go, and it's more than likely to be a loan until January rather than a season-long loan.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be wide of the mark, but I think so yes. Personally, I would imagine we'd sign a striker and then see how we go, and it's more than likely to be a loan until January rather than a season-long loan.

You can only make 93 day loans in this emergency loan window. Personally I'd be delighted if we got Kozak/Campbell and Williams/Buckley, but I know that is probably too optimistic for Wolves and we will end up with much worse.

M

merseawolf

I can see us loaning in a young Prem striker who hasn't made their squad and that will be it unless KJ ships a few out himself. He always goes on about 20 outfield players competing for matchday squads so looking at ours when DB comes back we look pretty much covered. Just hope we can all settle down now and get behind the team. God knows they are going to need it.

R

reanswolf

We wont be getting any centre backs, now that we have sold one on footballing grounds.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
James Wilson, Jonny Williams and Joe Cole have been excluded from their respective sides 25 man squads. Williams believed to have joined Forest though.

Edit: Wilson is actually under 21 so isn't included on that list. Still Joe Cole is an option? I think KJ watched him playing for Villa U21's in preseason?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom