Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Liquidator

V

Veins Of Old Gold

Have the lyrics to the liquidator always been $$$$ off West Brom the Wolves?

I know Chelsea sing it, without obscenities.........

SBDJ

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No - I remember when we just used to clap during the f-off and then "the wolves"

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still have it as my ring tone. Two fingers to the old bill when I get a call at the Mol.

V

Veins Of Old Gold

I'm an 80's child and can only remember the obscene version haha.

Just checking thats all, it's my ringtone too :D

All my baggie mates say "why you got our song as your ringtone" ......pffft :confused:

W

Welsh Y'am Y'am

I'm also an 80s child but I remember the pre-anti albion bit. The introduction of that part represented the shift in attitude amongst some wolves fans from being less "pro-wolves" and more "anti-albion"...even when we weren't playing them. Has always confused me.

Us and Chelsea both nicked the Liquidator from the Albion by the way VOOG.

V

Veins Of Old Gold

I'm also an 80s child but I remember the pre-anti albion bit. The introduction of that part represented the shift in attitude amongst some wolves fans from being less "pro-wolves" and more "anti-albion"...even when we weren't playing them. Has always confused me.

Us and Chelsea both nicked the Liquidator from the Albion by the way VOOG.

Wiki says "the tune is famous for having been played before football matches. Wolverhampton Wanderers first introduced the song, followed by West Bromwich Albion then Chelsea FC."

I only started watching Wolves in the mid 90's.

P

PeteWolf

We should try singing

"and it's $$$$ off Sandwell Albion"

See how many songs we can get through before the police just give up!

Reaction score
If we wanted it enough we could do it accapella... but no-one ever does. It's a fairly simple tune, could just alternate one stand doing words and one doing the song.... but no-one ever does.

S

Super Hans

I was just listeninig to the Liquidator when I went for a run this evening, got me thinking wouldn't it be nice if the club treated us to it before the Donny game as after all it's been over a decade since we heard it at Molineux and you never know we may be able to convince the WM Police we've changed the lyrics. Kind of a special treat for us (big) if we are promoted!

D

Dewsburywolf

If we wanted it enough we could do it accapella... but no-one ever does. It's a fairly simple tune, could just alternate one stand doing words and one doing the song.... but no-one ever does.

Someone give the words :rolleyes: to Nokasplace to try and get it going.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was definitely sung without the swearing at first...and must as I hate to admit it we nicked it from the Albion...

S

Sedgley Wolf

Didn't we bring it back for a big game (Norwich Play-off?) after the police told us we couldn't play it?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't expect the west midlands police to do anything other than abuse their power and pat themselves on the back for it. They're the uriah rennie of the constabulary world.

SBWolf92

Reaction score
Don't think it would make a difference to me if they played it or not, miss kick off most of the time due to having a drink before the game. Would be good to see it back though, but can't see the club playing it ever again, hope im wrong though.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've always wondered why people do that- why not leave the house half an hour earlier? You can have a drink any time of any day if you really want one so why miss kick off for it? Baffles me.

A

Atlas 1951

I think "a drink" in this context is a euphemism for getting so far gone that part of his mind can´t even be bothered with going to the ground at all, and wants to sit around chatting $$$$ for another two hours with his similarly-tanked-up mates. If it weren´t for the designated driver they´d probably never bother.

ROVERT47

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there at it's inception and we did just clap for the $$$$ off West Brom bit.
It's a shame we can't use it any longer,i'm sure,in this day and age,it wouldn't offend anyone.
I hear $$$$ on the telly,i read $$$$ in the papers,i listen to young $$$$less families having conversations with their 5 year olds where every other word is $$$$.
I remember pulling onto Micheal Wood services on the way to the playoff final,it seemed that every car was playing it the hairs stood up on the back of my neck.
There will never be another to create the same atmosphere as that tune.

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was just listeninig to the Liquidator when I went for a run this evening, got me thinking wouldn't it be nice if the club treated us to it before the Donny game as after all it's been over a decade since we heard it at Molineux and you never know we may be able to convince the WM Police we've changed the lyrics. Kind of a special treat for us (big) if we are promoted!

I have it followed by Hi Ho Silver Lining on my ipod for the gym - gets me smiling as I'm getting sweaty.

Whe it was first introduced it was just clapping and then THE WOLVES at the end - early skinhead reggae stuff- was it Harry J and the Allstars or some similar combo?

G

grandad_andy

You should have been at Southend away a couple of seasons back when we won 1-0.
The bloke just over from me went spaccapella on the accapella giving a one man show in 20 minutes bursts of Harry J goodness!!!

F

FLEET WOLF

I have it followed by Hi Ho Silver Lining on my ipod for the gym - gets me smiling as I'm getting sweaty.

Whe it was first introduced it was just clapping and then THE WOLVES at the end - early skinhead reggae stuff- was it Harry J and the Allstars or some similar combo?

Correct, Harry J and the Allstars -I am old enough to remember it being released!

Y

yammer

We originally clapped before singing WE'RE WOLVES, then Albion started singing "We hate the Wolves, West Brom" so we adopted "$$$$ off West Brom, we're Wolves" which they then copied with Wolves and West Brom obviously reveresed. It then got banned from both grounds (although they have had it played at Wembley) Would be great if the club could bring it back just for the run in because the atmosphere is nowhere near as loud as it should be at the moment when we kick off.

London Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You should have been at Southend away a couple of seasons back when we won 1-0.
The bloke just over from me went spaccapella on the accapella giving a one man show in 20 minutes bursts of Harry J goodness!!!

That was me!

W

Wolvesthrunthru

Jez should re-introduce it for the remaining home games this season. That'd get the place going before kick off

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

After hearing hi ho silver lining (well, the same 10 second excerpts) about 30 times on the ticketline yesterday, if i hear it again any time soon i think i'll go mad.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
After hearing hi ho silver lining (well, the same 10 second excerpts) about 30 times on the ticketline yesterday, if i hear it again any time soon i think i'll go mad.
Well if you are there at 1455 tomorrow the men in the white coats will be along to pick you up shortly.

L

Langdale Wolf

$$$$ the police Jez - risk a fine. It could be worth the extra points we might need if we get the players going at every home game. They say a huge vocal backing can make all the difference - I can't think of any other thing that could be played that would stir the crowd up like The Liquidator.

Play it.

Back
Top Bottom