Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Joao Gomes Fan Club

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic player. Shame it has taken so called footballing experts so long to notice how good he is but thats the modern game for you, hours of coverage with nothing covered.
Will definetly be used by Hobbs as a benchmark to other up and coming players

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic player. Shame it has taken so called footballing experts so long to notice how good he is but thats the modern game for you, hours of coverage with nothing covered.
Will definetly be used by Hobbs as a benchmark to other up and coming players
Gomes is a now a magnet to other young Brazilian starlets. As they look towards the Premier league their gaze will be drawn to Wolves. His smiling, joyful countenance is evidence that we are as great a stepping as anybody else outside those bigger clubs that don't yet notice them.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes is a now a magnet to other young Brazilian starlets. As they look towards the Premier league their gaze will be drawn to Wolves. His smiling, joyful countenance is evidence that we are as great a stepping as anybody else outside those bigger clubs that don't yet notice them.

Good point. Similar to how we became a magnet for young Portuguese players too.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
He improves game by game. Even did a great dribble against Villa yesterday.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Dynamic of Gomes & Lemina in midfield has been the brightest spark of the season for me. Hope GON doesn't persist in playing the latter out on the left. If any of him, Pedro, RAN or, even, Cunha are sold in the summer, he is the one which would pain me the most.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to brighten the mood a little, love this guy so much! On a booking (probably for something the ref thought he did in a previous life), and still didn't shirk responsibility, still won the ball time after time, going in for challenges. Yes, it's risky on a booking, but it's his game and he doesn't half do it well

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to brighten the mood a little, love this guy so much! On a booking (probably for something the ref thought he did in a previous life), and still didn't shirk responsibility, still won the ball time after time, going in for challenges. Yes, it's risky on a booking, but it's his game and he doesn't half do it well

If anyone was meant to wear the 8 shirt after neves, I am so happy it is him!!!!!!

He is a quality player and awesome person from what you see and hear.

We are lucky to have him and he is a superstar in the making!!!!

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Unless Joao pushes for a move we must resist attempts to buy him this summer. He'll be worth a lot more the following summer if he keeps up with his performances and improves further (and doesnt get injured of course). He is quite a unique player and any team would want someone like him. Not only is he a defensive midfielder but he can also score goals. 80-100M would not be too much for him.

Last edited:

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Out of our 3 big ticket players (Neto, Gomes, RAN), Gomes is absolutely the one i would keep. Gives the whole spine of the team strength and allows the others to flourish. We should keep Lemina, Gomes (and Doyle) together as long as possible. Big drop off without him. Neto can be replaced and often is anyway due to his injuries.
Worrying that more and more news cropping up saying top table clubs are after joao.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great player in the making but just don't see him moving yet. Feels another season away before big clubs genuinely think he's one to take. For me it's Rayan this summer, maybe Pedro as well unless injuries scare people off spending the money (wouldn't blame them), and Joao next time around.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of the articles I’m seeing have him up for sale at £40m. Do we have a release clause in there at that price?

Seems low.

Would be gutted to see him go, even more so for such a low fee.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any actually reliable or just generic clickbait nonsense?
Click bait and agent talk as they want another payday…. Yeah his availability is 60m+ From what I remember when we laughed off the spurs enquiry in January for 30m.

I dno if we sell him hard to replace and will be worth more next year. If he pushes for the move maybe only if the valuation is met?

Doyle, Bouby, Lemina, Hodge, Cundle, Griffiths Whittingham is a lot maybe need another senior head if we did sell Joao Gomes as some of the younger ones would be loaned?

Whoever scouted Gomes is a great find just like Murillo at forest. Both are now linked away by agents who want another payday. So is this a good market for us?

Double edged sword I think. Especially with the messing around we face like in the Yuri Alberto deal collapsing at the 11th hour requesting more agent fees.

Last edited:

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another good season next year and you would think he breaks 50 mill+. Was a coup when we got him and he has fit in nicely. RAN is the one we likely lose this summer now and should also be in the same price range. Neto won't go anywhere now I doubt.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another good season next year and you would think he breaks 50 mill+. Was a coup when we got him and he has fit in nicely. RAN is the one we likely lose this summer now and should also be in the same price range. Neto won't go anywhere now I doubt.
And the rest!

Worth so much more than that

Both of them

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And the rest!

Worth so much more than that

Both of them

Maybe 60 if progression continues. Don't be fooled, very few clubs are going to throw that many around again and again, Caicedo was an anomaly in that regard. Prices will drop a bit now as well. And nobody outside of Saudi is going to spend 50+ on Neto until he proves he can last a full season.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe 60 if progression continues. Don't be fooled, very few clubs are going to throw that many around again and again, Caicedo was an anomaly in that regard. Prices will drop a bit now as well. And nobody outside of Saudi is going to spend 50+ on Neto until he proves he can last a full season.
Neto has broken his knee cap and had two hamstring injuries

I bet transfers will be made this year for 60-100m by clubs

Hazza

Reaction score
Gomes bigged up on talksport this afternoon as potentially Man U bound for upwards of £50m

TheWolfFromWolverhampton

Reaction score
He's got goals in his locker. I reckon he should take more shots on goal. Also like how he nibbles away at the other team to regain posession. A bit like Rayan does.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Gomes bigged up on talksport this afternoon as potentially Man U bound for upwards of £50m
It's going to be one of those Summers aint it? Mates who support the so-called clubs offering the usual patronising tosh..."come on, he's a bit too good for Wolves." Can't wait to remind the Tottingham fan, that little ole Wolves did the double over them. And other than an embarrassing VAR decision and a bit of poor defending, we would have taken points off ManUre this season.

fleck1

Reaction score
Not too concerned by paper talk, just means we have a good crop of players attracting interest. Fortunately for us we got our house in order last summer and said players are all tied down to lengthy deals, would be more of a worry if we had no players attracting interest. Id imagine we'll see links to Kilman, Gomes, Neto and Cunha all summer, even senior players like Lemina and Semedo will have interest after their performances this season, over to Hobbs now lose a couple, bring four or five in rinse and repeat. No pressure

Back
Top Bottom