Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Joao Gomes Fan Club

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Gomes has been fantastic since his debut. Born winner who just keeps getting better. If he played more of an advanced roll he would be on the scoresheet more often. His second goal today was sublime.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
How much to join?

His wife was standing in front of us. No idea why it is of any relevance though..

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if we were offered Neves back, in a straight swap for Gomes.... I wouldn't want to do it. That's how good Gomes is. Genuinely think he has a higher ceiling too.

And I loved (still love) Ruben. So that's some praise.
I agree insofar as this midfield is much more dynamic; that's what we've needed for years now.

I don't think Gomes has a higher ceiling though, although that's impossible to judge at this stage of his career. In that holding midfield role I think Neves really could play at a top club. Gomes in his role, well honestly who knows... he could end up with this as his level (the blood is pumping for us fans at the moment and Brazil and Real might seem plausible, but that might be a bit OTT!) but then who knows how he'll improve?

Either way he's class, he's ours and he's ferocious. Love him.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was very good from his first appearance.. but has grown to another level his last 9/10 games.

As Dawson said on Sky.. every top team will want his signature at end of season, so let’s hope we can hold onto him for a few more yet. I think he likes being here, so hopefully no rush for him.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's top notch and i cant think of that many premier league midfielders of his type at his age who are better.
I don’t think there are any in his mould.. I expect Spurs, Liverpool and United might take a look this summer.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Terrific player! I think he will go all the way to the top. Hopefully not for a long time, (unless it’s with Wolves).

The reason being, he’s a rare breed and all the top teams need one and they’re not easy to find.

bully306

Reaction score
I was worried he was too physical at first, also seemed like the refs were onto him from day one. Since then hes adjusted to the prem really well.

Two absolutely fantastic goals... the header was just perfect and the run and cool finish for the second was exactly what we've needed for years. Takes so much pressure off the forwards.

Also love how hes getting better each week, GON should be proud of him tonight. I am!

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's remarkable that he and Lemina have so comprehensively filled the massive gap left by the departure of Neves and Moutinho.
Behind them I rate Doyle and Bouba also. So we are very well stocked in midfield with Bellegarde a very competent attacking midfielder who should only get better if played in his natural position.

But Gomes is the crown jewel who is already a £40m player imv and who will only get better hopefully.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's one of the reasons why I was never worried about relegation. All these pundits and online influencers who had us down for relegation properly didn't know who Joao Gomes was back then. If you would've asked them they probably would have thought you were talking about Joe Gomez.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
“I feel like that can become much better than I’ve ever been. Our coach gives me a lot of freedom for this, to become the player I want to be, and maybe get to the box....

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Those two wally's that they have on TalkSport on a Sunday morning said something funny today, they said Joao Gomes is like if Wolves had grown a player in a lab, not only name but also similar in stature to Moutinho and Neves. It made me laugh. They were very complimentary of him, he had an amazing game yesterday, I think a few teams heads will have been turned.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His ability to quickly close down opposition players and then dispossess them is superb. He did it over and over yesterday. Great, young player.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gomes fits perfectly with Go West by Pet Shop Boys.

Gomes, He’s Brazilian
Gomes, hates the albion
Gomes, wearing number 8,
Gomes, the lad is ****ing great.

Catchy and easy to remember? Yes.
Complimentary to Joao? Yes.
Slags off the baggoes? Yes.
Sweary? Yes.
Sung by Liverpool or Arsenal? No.

To me it ticks all of the criteria for a song to be successful at Molineux. Apart from the Liverpool/Arsenal bit. Damn.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Gomes, He’s Brazilian
Gomes, hates the albion
Gomes, wearing number 8,

Sweary? Yes.

To me it ticks all of the criteria for a song to be successful at Molineux. Apart from the Liverpool/Arsenal bit. Damn.
Very good

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There aren't many of his ilk left in the game. Tackling has almost become obsolete in the Premier league.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Gomes, He’s Brazilian
Gomes, hates the albion
Gomes, wearing number 8,

Sweary? Yes.

I like that 1

Arky_R

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So much more to come from Gomes.
Fast becoming one of my favs and its nice to have players contributing to goals from all over the pitch!

Back
Top Bottom