Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We've had some daft ones before that never turned out of a similar profile.

Remember Diego Costa was nailed on to sign ?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Not really sure I see the fit for Almeida tbh, is another diminutive midfielder what we need? I'd rather an athletic CM to sit next to Neves to give us a shield for 4 attacking players + Neves dictating play.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Portuguese press seem certain Almeida's off to Porto for €5m+Romario Baro.
Oh well another one to let go.

Wont be long till that one is wrapped up. I am surprised we have seen no links now the boys are back in uk, maybe tomorrow? just surprised how quiet it is. But hey they will be a 24 hour overnight job, like collins

TWOLF

Reaction score
Would it be worth swapping Traore for Loftus Cheek ?
Personally, I don't think so. Loftus Cheek will be on high wages and does he fit into our system? I don't feel as though he does. If we sell we should be looking to get cash for Traore. He's sitting on our balance sheet at £3.6m, if we get any more we'll be making a profit.

koplex

Groupie
Reaction score
RLC is on£180k pw - no way are we getting him, and cant see him dropping his wages by the amount we would be prepared to pay. An absolute waste of a career. There is also the knock-on effect on other players if we pay big wages to one new player.

I cant see us buying anyone from the Big 6. Our best bet is to go for Championship players (or those from relegated teams) as wages will be more affordable.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think so. Loftus Cheek will be on high wages and does he fit into our system? I don't feel as though he does. If we sell we should be looking to get cash for Traore. He's sitting on our balance sheet at £3.6m, if we get any more we'll be making a profit.
Can’t say I recall watching him much in the last few years. Looked the part when he first broke throughout.
I expect he’d fit 433 quite well.
He’d have to take a wage cut, but maybe he would for the prospect of actually playing.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have two interesting points which I dont think have been mentioned, but are a different perspective:
1. Collins signing may have no bearing on formation or intent. It could just be that the club/owners have a list of players/a formula they think can sell for profit and this one came off. It could be any position, but if the deal and time is correct they will move. Jeff basically tells us that everytime he speaks.
2. Fabio may not be on loan to develop him, but may already have started on the Cutrone and Mir route of loans with a view to a profit/cut losses and has already played his last game.
Point 2 is crazy talk, mate.

The only way we make a profit on £35m is if he players in the PL and smashes it for a couple of seasons.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Point 2 is crazy talk, mate.

The only way we make a profit on £35m is if he players in the PL and smashes it for a couple of seasons.
Yeah it sounds odd and is just a different take on it. Is the fabio situation much different from cutrone? Both large fee and wages (apparantly). Both had a crack at the first team and then sent out on loan.
Also we have to consider did fabio actually cost 35m, or was it exaggerated for another purpose, so it isnt that daunting to cut losses over a series of loans with a hope to someone paying a decent fee at some point.

Reactions: Ned

TWOLF

Reaction score
Can’t say I recall watching him much in the last few years. Looked the part when he first broke throughout.
I expect he’d fit 433 quite well.
He’d have to take a wage cut, but maybe he would for the prospect of actually playing.

To be honest I haven't watched him play much so not sure what sort of midfielder he is. I know he had a cracking season at Palace a few years back. He does seem injury prone which puts me off. We have enough injuries at the moment.

In terms of wages I can see somebody is saying he's on £180k, a quick google says £150k, the actual figure is probably close to these. We won't entertain wages anywhere near that, and he still has a two years left on his contract at Chelsea, so it's not like we could entice him on lower wages but a long term contract. I think sadly he'll be one of those talents wasted at a big club due to the wages they pay compared to what other clubs will/can pay.

TWOLF

Reaction score
Yeah it sounds odd and is just a different take on it. Is the fabio situation much different from cutrone? Both large fee and wages (apparantly). Both had a crack at the first team and then sent out on loan.
Also we have to consider did fabio actually cost 35m, or was it exaggerated for another purpose, so it isnt that daunting to cut losses over a series of loans with a hope to someone paying a decent fee at some point.
I'm virtually certain the Porto president confirmed the fee was £35m, £6.4m went to Mendes. Porto fans weren't very happy at the club selling him and the president came out saying the release clause the year before we signed him was £10m so they should be happy at the £35m they got for him. The figures may be in euros not pounds.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
with kawabe scoring 2 for grasshoppers in their first league game, and the fact sellars stated we would monitor him as he prepares for japan national team in the world cup.

Do we bring him back to be our midfield saviour. But genuinely its a slow day having to drag anything out

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally different scenarios tbf
Cutrone cost half of what Fabio did,neither on particlarly high wages as far as i know
Fabio younger and higher ceiling,still improving
Cutrone never really settled or done much on loan so far ,it happens, but just running his contract down really
Fabio could come back in a year, or even two, and still be younger than say Kane was when he started in the Prem
Ive no doubt he has a future here if he wants it,and thats the next hurdle to clear for him and us

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very quiet on the rumour front again
TBH I'm past caring, this window is so so predictable all the talk about early signings was just that. Signed nobody at all who might just actually know where the goal is. All the optimism and the quotes about getting players in early from Lage have been thoroughly destroyed by Pound Shop Jeff and his merry band of third rate chancers.
But hey no need to be despondent as we are top rate record producers, do something called Esport and have made sure some team in Switzerland are doing very well.

Last edited:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it be worth swapping Traore for Loftus Cheek ?
Don’t think that would fly with us. All our players are vaccinated and he’s not out of choice (which is why he is missing their US tour). Not making a statement about whether to force vaccinations or not, just saying I think that would be an issue for our club.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I noted garner from man united and there is also mcAtee from city.

But the reality is we are not the sort of the club under the guise of fosun who want to bring in players and mould them for other clubs in the ilk of what we have done with SU for MGW.

Its all about about youth on an option to purchase, so we can take them on.

Which is why its going to have be european/portgual/ south american shopping

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Don’t think that would fly with us. All our players are vaccinated and he’s not out of choice (which is why he is missing their US tour). Not making a statement about whether to force vaccinations or not, just saying I think that would be an issue for our club.
Seems to have a good month or two occasionally but has he ever actually had a good season

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to have a good month or two occasionally but has he ever actually had a good season
Just don’t think he would fit the profile of our signings. Collins was a surprise in that respect but that was from a newly relegated team in financial trouble, so some precedent in terms of our strategy.

Back
Top Bottom