Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every player we sign, comes through the ranks or is currently in the first team squad should have an equal chance with anyone else of playing, should his skill/form/technique etc... match Bruno's requirements.
We don't (or shouldn't) sign 'back-ups', otherwise the current incumbents become complacent.
Agreed and FWIW I think that is what we do now.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Belotti wants premier league football and is available on a free( I think).

We should be all over this.
I agree, but I imagine half the clubs in the PL would feel the same, and some of them might be more appealing to him unless he’s a closet Wolves fan!

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
When Collins signed ,Sellars made made some comment about other players coming in .I forgot what he said .Did he say we will make further signings or we will try to make further signings ?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When Collins signed ,Sellars made made some comment about other players coming in .I forgot what he said .Did he say we will make further signings or we will try to make further signings ?
It was something along the lines of
"We know we have lost players and its important we look at that,we have the first and hopefully more to come"

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have absolute idiots running the show. We desperately needed a forward even if fabio stayed, let alone now! We've known we needed a striker months before the end of last season yet here we are, less than two weeks before the season starts with our one and only striker injured and one loaned out before a replacement sourced. If this doesn't spur them into action then nothing will. We've known for months what we needed anyway, woeful forward planning yet again from the club.
One and only? Huang, traore, neto and podence can all play there to a greater or lesser extent. Huang in particular ought to be ok in that position.

I'd like us to sign someone but that's only because I don't trust huang. That is his position tho and he hasn't had a chance to really have a go at it.

Fabio was loaned out to give him playing time. And finding a striker is extremely hard. You think the club haven't been looking?!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One and only? Huang, traore, neto and podence can all play there to a greater or lesser extent. Huang in particular ought to be ok in that position.

I'd like us to sign someone but that's only because I don'r trust huang. That is his position tho and he hasn't had a chance to really have a go at it.

Fabio was loaned out to give him playing time. And finding a striker is extremely hard. You think the club haven't been looking?!
Finding a striker is easy. Finding a good striker though......

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benteke would be panic stations for me. Palace fans desperate to get rid of him, and he'd be a short-term, shortsighted attempt to fix something that we knew needed fixing ages ago, and a player we'd probably need to replace this time next year.

We need someone hungry who has something to prove, who sees the limited game time as a challenge to force his way in permanently, not an aged striker looking for one last payday to waddle on for the last 10 minutes when the panic button gets hit.

No thanks!

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'd like us to sign someone but that's only because I don'r trust huang. That is his position tho and he hasn't had a chance to really have a go at it.

He's called Hwang, by the way.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
If we choose to go down the loan route how many could we bring in ?
Surely something has to happen soon regarding a goal scorer?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benteke would be panic stations for me. Palace fans desperate to get rid of him, and he'd be a short-term, shortsighted attempt to fix something that we knew needed fixing ages ago, and a player we'd probably need to replace this time next year.

We need someone hungry who has something to prove, who sees the limited game time as a challenge to force his way in permanently, not an aged striker looking for one last payday to waddle on for the last 10 minutes when the panic button gets hit.

No thanks!
Hungry? Looking at Benteke's physique his hunger is positively Gladonesque....

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Last I heard he was slouched over a double whiskey in the Hatherton slurring something about how we couldn't buy anyone until Neves went.

That might just be the MolMix version of reality though.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So leeds have already been linked to quite a few of these

but strikers we could go after

Belotti (free)
Benteke (cheap)
Martin Terrier (rennes)
Antony Delort (linked years ago but is 30)
Ben Yeder
Enes Unai (getafe)

There are others i mean chelsea are trying to get rid of batshuayi and werner.

We could go to the championship for

Piroe
Bereton Diaz

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So leeds have already been linked to quite a few of these

but strikers we could go after

Belotti (free)
Benteke (cheap)
Martin Terrier (rennes)
Antony Delort (linked years ago but is 30)
Ben Yeder
Enes Unai (getafe)

There are others i mean chelsea are trying to get rid of batshuayi and werner.

We could go to the championship for

Piroe
Bereton Diaz
If you believe the reports at the weekend Chavski want rid of both Werner and Kepa but their pay demands are prohibitive. Werner quoted as being on £270-275k/week. Absolutely no chance that'd we'd take him unless Chavski paid at least 2/3rds of that. Even then his wages might cause disruption in the dressing room. Batshuayi, who has not exactly been successful anywhere he was loaned, is reportedly on £75-80k/week....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loads of people turning their nose up to someone like Benteke.

Scoring in the Premier League isn’t easy. Doing it consistently, over many seasons is even harder.

Like Jimenez, Benteke is a 1 in 2.5 game PL striker on average.

They have their good seasons, they have their bad seasons.

Both of them had comparatively bad seasons last year. Benteke fell to 1 in 3 and Raul to 1 in 5.

They are both the same age, both seasoned internationals and both proven to score regularly in the PL.

We can’t afford for Raul to have another bad season.

So we are hedging our bets. What are the chances of them both having bad seasons again? We know what Raul can do. Benteke scored 10 PL goals for Palace the season before last.

Would be a really good signing in my opinion and gives Raul proper competition for the first time.
I think it would all depend on how much of a priority the aerial ability of any potential striker is to Lage.
Benteke does tick that box.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the Collins signing he said :
(via Wolves official): “It’s taken time, but we’ve got there in the end. We know we’ve lost some players and need to fill those spaces, so it’s important that we look at that. We’re delighted to get the first one and hopefully there’ll be more coming through.”

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We know we’ve lost some players and need to fill those spaces, so it’s important that we look at that.

reading that he is on about replacing players lost...really hoping that, now, inc Fabio
If you take it to mean that then looking at the players who we’ve lost and need replacing it’d be this:

Ruddy - Sarkic

Saiss - Collins

Marcal - Brought in to cover Jonny’s injury, as Jonny who wasn’t an option still last summer is back we arguably don’t need to replace him

Hoever - limited minutes but ideally we’d replace him/Marcal with another WB, unless they believe Lembikisa and Bueno can be 3rd choice on both sides

Trincao - MGW

Silva - ???

Not sure if I’ve missed anyone but from the above we’re only really short a CF on last years squad.

So then you consider other positions the club have, in theory, highlighted as areas they’d have wanted to strengthen which were CB and CM last summer based on our failed transfer attempts late in the window.

CB is now resolved realistically as Gomes and Collins are in in place of Saiss and the failed CB signing.

That leaves CM still.

So this is just a very long post about how we need a CM and a CF (plus replacements for any that leave), which everyone is basically saying.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
one thing about benteke, is if he did join us, i dont think it gives raul a push to kick on or worry about his position , a bellotii or ben yedder etc might

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we choose to go down the loan route how many could we bring in ?
Surely something has to happen soon regarding a goal scorer?
Max of 2 loans from other Premier League clubs, but unlimited from abroad, from what I remember.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No thanks!

Well yesterday they seemed to think he's been one of their best players in preseason and was arguing if they should keep him or not

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
one thing about benteke, is if he did join us, i dont think it gives raul a push to kick on or worry about his position , a bellotii or ben yedder etc might

We're not getting either, one would want to be first choice and/or been playing in Europe.

The other is almost 32, will cost £20m and is 5ft7, not the target man Lage wants

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was talking about stats, not being objective. Minutes played is a factual thing, the reason for the amount of minutes played moves into something far more objective.

Stats shouldn't replace objectivity, and objectivity and, sometimes, be supported by stats.

Using stats based on games played or seasons is illogical as it's penalising the player for games / minutes he didn't play in.

You can objectivity say he didn't play because he's crap, which is fine. But when he did play the stats as he did better than any wolves player. Objectivitly of course you could say that's because we were blunt force when attacking, and there would be stats to back that up.
Cool, I think we’re in agreement!

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does anyone have any Twitter screenshots?

Don’t give a **** if they’re to do with Wolves but I need that pang of excitement that’s somethings happening……even if it’s short lived and wide of the mark.

Sort of used to it anyway.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If, a big if I know, new players are coming in they should be here now gelling with the rest of the squad not waiting until the season is half over!
Not always as easy as that buddy. Look at Man Utd and FDJ

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well yesterday they seemed to think he's been one of their best players in preseason and was arguing if they should keep him or not
Yes, people have different opinions, thanks. I know a fair few Palace fans and they all can't stand him.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
I think talk of us getting Belotti is (unfortunately) a leap too far.

I hope I'm wrong. Putting aside the obvious question of what about Raul, out of all the names we've been linked with this summer, I think Belotti would be a game changer for us.

One of my friends is a Torino fan ( Season Ticket holder until he moved to England) he's gutted that he's not re-signed for Torino. He thinks his agent is sounding out PL clubs where he could get the biggest pay check.

My mate thinks unless he get a mega salary offer, the most likely outcome is that he'll stay in Italy.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you take it to mean that then looking at the players who we’ve lost and need replacing it’d be this:

Ruddy - Sarkic

Saiss - Collins

Marcal - Brought in to cover Jonny’s injury, as Jonny who wasn’t an option still last summer is back we arguably don’t need to replace him

Hoever - limited minutes but ideally we’d replace him/Marcal with another WB, unless they believe Lembikisa and Bueno can be 3rd choice on both sides

Trincao - MGW

Silva - ???

Not sure if I’ve missed anyone but from the above we’re only really short a CF on last years squad.

So then you consider other positions the club have, in theory, highlighted as areas they’d have wanted to strengthen which were CB and CM last summer based on our failed transfer attempts late in the window.

CB is now resolved realistically as Gomes and Collins are in in place of Saiss and the failed CB signing.

That leaves CM still.

So this is just a very long post about how we need a CM and a CF (plus replacements for any that leave), which everyone is basically saying.
Traore replaces Trincao.
MGW plays CM.
Bonatini re-acclimatised :screamcat:
Sorted
Happy?

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benteke looked pretty good many moons ago at Villa, so much so that Liverpool bought him. Don't really know what happened to him. Maybe he wasn't really that good or he was another one who didn't make the most of their talent. I do think he is well and truly past it now, and we would be scraping the barrel if we signed him.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No thanks!

He'd be replaced by Silva.That's the plan.What wolves are probably after is an experienced striker who is still good but coming to the end of his career.For ONE season.Then Silva comes back hopefully off a good season in Belgium.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I haven't read it but I understand the Racing Post preview of the season has us finishing 18th.
That no doubt will be based on last season's analysis and xG. Infogol had us as the 16th best team in the league last year

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched Benteke for Palace when he came on against Leeds last season. I was shocked it was Benteke. It looked like they'd dragged a bloke who had never even watched a game of football off the streets, given him a Palace shirt and told him to 'do what everyone else is doing'

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Ruddy - Sarkic

Saiss - Collins

Trincao - MGW

Silva - ???

That leaves CM still.

Good assessment,

Ruddy-Sarkic
Ruddy wasn't a Prem keeper his last few seasons with us, Sarkic unproven but if it is a downgrade it is hardly an earth-shattering one.
Slight downgrade/wash

Saiss - Collins
I think Collins is a better player than Saiss, especially in the 4 at the back we are clearly trying to move towards.
Upgrade

Marcal - Jonny
Thought Marcal did ok for us mostly, limited footballer decent enough defender but Jonny is far better even if I think he isn't the same player
Upgrade

Hoever - Bueno/Lembikisa
Don't rate Hoever but you have to say Downgrade until they've kicked a ball in Prem. Hoever had a couple of good games at least

Trincao - MGW
Trincao was absolutely horrendous for the vast majority of last season, whilst MGW needs to prove it in the Prem I do feel confident in saying this is an Upgrade

Silva - None

Obviously a Downgrade at the moment

As above CM & CF in and we are good to go. Without that we are in serious trouble, with that we are fine.

Back
Top Bottom