Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is shaping up to be just about as bad as many of us predicted, and feared.

We are sleepwalking into relegation here, IMO.
Not sleepwalking. A lot of fans are very awake and have been talking about this possibility for weeks. Without strength in depth and a real goal threat, we will be miles away from last season's 10th - and I don't mean miles higher, unfortunately.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And there we have it. The good feeling half life of a Wolves signing on MolMix is a week ;)

Yeah got to admit my worries are coming back but were masked for a short while by us actually signing an actual real life centre back, to replace the one we let go for nowt and so not actually increasing the squad size :)

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You really still believe that there are ITKs out there??
It depends what you mean by ITK doesn’t it?

If you mean someone who has first hand information about what’s going on with Wolves transfers then no, they won’t be posting on here.

If you mean someone who gets 2nd/3rd hand info from someone who knows bits that are going on either directly or indirectly, sure, why not? There are plenty of people linked to football, those people will then know multiples of other peoples. It’s not hard to think someone with no link to wolves could know someone who does have a link and does get bits of info.

I believe when people say they think certain posters are ITK they’re referring to the latter. People who don’t believe there are ITK’s are probably referring to the former.

I think the ITK debates on here come about from people having different ideas on what ITK is, rather than different beliefs on whether there are ITK’s.

Last edited:

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It depends what you mean by ITK doesn’t it?

If you mean someone who has first hand information about what’s going on with Wolves transfers then no, they won’t be posting on here.

If you mean someone who gets 2nd/3rd hand info from someone who knows bits that are going on either directly then indirectly, sure, why not? There are plenty of people linked to football, those people will then know multiples of other peoples. It’s not hard to think someone with no link to wolves could know someone who does have a link and does get bits of info.

I believe when people say they think certain posters are ITK they’re referring to the latter. People who don’t believe there are ITK’s are probably referring to the former.

I think the ITK debates on here come about from people having different ideas on what ITK is, rather than different beliefs on whether there are ITK’s.
Much more elegantly put that my sun, and now booze addled mind could have constructed!

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s be realistic here. We’ve strengthened at the back. That’s great
Neves may well be staying and with MGW returning do we really need another MF ?
What we desperately need , is something all the top sides have , and that’s someone who can score bloody goals. This needs sorting urgently
I’ll answer my own question , yes we do still need strength in depth in MF
So I reckon we will end up with 2 more signings at the very best
However I wouldn’t be surprised at all if our business is already done
Disappointment is something we excel at

R

reanswolf

People's signing trips are wearing off, they're on a come down. Quick someone inject a CM into their veins.

What we desperately need , is something all the top sides have , and that’s someone who can score bloody goals. This needs sorting urgently
We definitely need another top quality CM. Mouts will be even slower next season at times as he ages, people must be blind if they think we are adequately covered just because MGW can play a similar role to Podence behind the strikers.

But we won't, because midfield always comes last priority with Wolves, it seems it has often (not always) been the way.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rarely, I agree completely. We need goals, my boy - GOALS!

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Neves & MGW are staying then I think we can get away with just a striker. That must be nailed on if they are letting Fabio go on loan.

I still think if we had brought MGW from Sheffield and Ronan from St Mirren (along side Collins) people would be very pleased with the purchases (ok may be not if we had paid £30m for MGW). The point is keeping Neves is huge and is even better if we can also get a £20m+ player into our squad in MGW. He must be confident he can contribute more than Trincao.

If we keep Adama for another year that also adds to the pool of players.

I don't expect the likes of Ronan, Corbeanu, Campbell, Hodge etc to make much impact, but if just one or two of that group of lads comes good then that has been an excellent result - and to be honest that was always the plan for the academy.

I really want a first team striker - and a couple of interesting projects from South America would be nice.

But I would also like one or two the younger lads to be a real surprise package - maybe Ronan or Corbeanu (he appears to be a real unit now).

T

TheConcourse

Totally agree that keeping Neves is MASSIVE. Adding a quality CB and MGW back in the mix is a very very good window IMO.

One more and I’d be delighted, personally. The 11-14 is looking very good. Not many teams in the league outside of the top 6 with that amount of quality.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be quite happy if all remaining funds went on a good forward/striker........ obviously in an ideal world a midfielder would be great but maybe a loan could cover that position......be plenty of players available towards the end of the window.....

My main concern with the forward options are both hwang and podence are very injury prone.....

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We desperately need a refresh , we can’t go into another season with basically the same players again ffs
Seriously doubt you'll find any poster on here who disagrees but sadly don't see it happening, best we can hope IMHO is that MGW and Neves stay as doubt they'd be replaced by anyone as good..

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even Sellars said on the OS after the Collins signing that we've lost players and have gaps to fill.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We desperately need a refresh , we can’t go into another season with basically the same players again ffs
We’re pretty much in the same boat as Everton and Leics who’ve made one and zero signings respectively.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Midfielder should be absolute key for me, weakest area of the team IMO if we are wanting to play a 3. Need a starter there, I am happy to give the attackers a chance in a system that handcuff their feet together and actually creates a chance or two.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another three or four players are needed but sadly I doubt we will get what we need. Really quiet on any potential incomings now. My concern is we are too weak in attack with only Raul as an out and out striker and if Adama is going we suddenly look weak in winger options with Chiquinho injured. It could also be argued we really need a central midfield signing in the style of Kamara who has signed for Vile and another wing back. Really hope to see some more incomings soon as the business we have done so far in getting Collins in appears good but nowhere near enough.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Another three or four players are needed but sadly I doubt we will get what we need. Really quiet on any potential incomings now. My concern is we are too weak in attack with only Raul as an out and out striker and if Adama is going we suddenly look weak in winger options with Chiquinho injured. It could also be argued we really need a central midfield signing in the style of Kamara who has signed for Vile and another wing back. Really hope to see some more incomings soon as the business we have done so far in getting Collins in appears good but nowhere near enough.
We don't need 4 imo, that is way overkill.

2 more starting quality players is fine for me. Quality over quantity when you have a limited wage budget, and if you get big injuries that is luck of the draw but we still wouldn't go down imo.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was in response the people thinking we couldnt score as much as last year without spending millions...
38 was it last year, 36 the year before that? I don’t see us scoring more than 40 even with MGW and a fully fit Neto. Unless, of course, they can finally grasp playing in a 4 as our mainstay and getting men in and around the opposition penalty box on a regular basis. Even then we don’t have many natural goal scorers.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Indeed. So much for a rebuild...
If no one is serious about coming hard for our players there isn't a lot we can do is there though.

Neves market is not there, at the moment at least, and it has precluded our rebuild. We really need to get him at least a years extension - but I can see Barca already getting into his/Jorge's ear about waiting it out and coming back for a lower fee next year.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
38 was it last year, 36 the year before that? I don’t see us scoring more than 40 even with MGW and a fully fit Neto. Unless, of course, they can finally grasp playing in a 4 as our mainstay and getting men in and around the opposition penalty box on a regular basis. Even then we don’t have many natural goal scorers.
To a point I agree ....just think our forwards have been a man down due to the formation for us to effectively judge them..... dropping a centre back and introducing a Gibbs white would surely help us with goals....would it gets us more points is the debate but goals definitely...... whereas if we signed Ramos tomorrow and stuck with the same system he would be starved of service like the rest...

I agree that the wide forwards don't score goals but it's big transfer fees unfortunately for those who play in that position who contribute a big goal return....

Sorting goals is easy....it's getting the balance with conceding and gaining points that is difficult...we could probably easily get 10-15 more goals scored and probably finish up on less points than last season....

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

To a point I agree ....just think our forwards have been a man down due to the formation for us to effectively judge them..... dropping a centre back and introducing a Gibbs white would surely help us with goals....would it gets us more points is the debate but goals definitely...... whereas if we signed Ramos tomorrow and stuck with the same system he would be starved of service like the rest...

I agree that the wide forwards don't score goals but it's big transfer fees unfortunately for those who play in that position who contribute a big goal return....

Sorting goals is easy....it's getting the balance with conceding and gaining points that is difficult...we could probably easily get 10-15 more goals scored and probably finish up on less points than last season....
If we finished a few places lower but scored 15 more goals personally I'd take that all day. Sick to death of being bored at games, now obviously the risk is you finish lower than that of course.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It isn't realistic anyway imo, 10th with more entertainment would be more than fine for me.
We could easily be a villa....like last season and score against the weaker teams but never beat a team in the top half....do we prefer the days at man utd and spurs or do you just wanna beat Norwich at home .

I doubt without our system we get the wins away from home we had last season

Back
Top Bottom