Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s be realistic here. We’ve strengthened at the back. That’s great
Neves may well be staying and with MGW returning do we really need another MF ?
What we desperately need , is something all the top sides have , and that’s someone who can score bloody goals. This needs sorting urgently
I’ll answer my own question , yes we do still need strength in depth in MF
So I reckon we will end up with 2 more signings at the very best
However I wouldn’t be surprised at all if our business is already done
Disappointment is something we excel at
I wouldn’t argue that we have strengthened at the back - Collins is a significant upgrade on Saiss.
Elsewhere we have simply brought back loanees to fill an already paper thin squad. So in my very simplistic opinion, we are actually still worse off.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We could easily be a villa....like last season and score against the weaker teams but never beat a team in the top half....do we prefer the days at man utd and spurs or do you just wanna beat Norwich at home .

I doubt without our system we get the wins away from home we had last season
Yeah, could try to mix and match but to be honest we've very rarely absolutely belted teams since we've gotten back to the Prem. Sort of think we've had our wins like that, wouldn't mind some stompings now even if it means we struggle more against the big sides

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, could try to mix and match but to be honest we've very rarely absolutely belted teams since we've gotten back to the Prem. Sort of think we've had our wins like that, wouldn't mind some stompings now even if it means we struggle more against the big sides
I think the most disappointing thing is how dire our performances have mostly been for the last two seasons. As other mixers have mentioned, we’ve sadly become one of the worst teams to watch.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as we finish 17th do Fosun care?
Serious question.
In the short term obviously not otherwise their approach over the last few seasons would have been totally different. But if we get relegated and players lose value that would then change the situation completely.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We don't need 4 imo, that is way overkill.

2 more starting quality players is fine for me. Quality over quantity when you have a limited wage budget, and if you get big injuries that is luck of the draw but we still wouldn't go down imo.
That's how I view it too. Collins deal - grand. I mean...very belatedly grand but still grand.

If it doesn't work, that's just bad luck. On paper it's a good signing.

Podence, Neto, Jimenez, Traore are all v strong players but, for whatever reason, just haven't been clicking together. If we are going to go for another option, I'd like to see a quality signing over a make-up-the-numbers Hwang-esque buy.

As for midfield, we have enough bodies there but I just think Dendoncker has lost it. If he can rediscover the form he had in his first two seasons - lovely. If not, I'd love us to sign an Anguissa type replacement.

I'm pinning a lot on going to 4atb. We arent going to be anywhere near the bottom unless we have an aberration of a season but another top half finish is probably the best we can hope for if the game plan is to sneak 1-0s.

On balance, that would be another good showing, but human nature is to strive for more.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the most disappointing thing is how dire our performances have mostly been for the last two seasons. As other mixers have mentioned, we’ve sadly become one of the worst teams to watch.
Yeah....this is true for me too.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather win over ANYTHING else but we are a dull watch. Very predictable and tidy, with the plan B of 'give it to enigmatic player and hope for the best'

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t argue that we have strengthened at the back - Collins is a significant upgrade on Saiss.
Elsewhere we have simply brought back loanees to fill an already paper thin squad. So in my very simplistic opinion, we are actually still worse off.
Really? I'd say that we are a better squad now. Not by much admittedly, but Trincao + Ruddy offered zilch. Saiss had a brilliant half-season but then became classic Romain.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We don't need 4 imo, that is way overkill.

2 more starting quality players is fine for me. Quality over quantity when you have a limited wage budget, and if you get big injuries that is luck of the draw but we still wouldn't go down imo.
We needed 3-4 players before we let players go, then losing Chiq. Additionally Nelson won’t be up to speed for a while and has hammy issues. Injury to Raul or Neves, crisis? Well short of quality of depth. Walking a tightrope.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We needed 3-4 players before we let players go, then losing Chiq. Additionally Nelson won’t be up to speed for a while and has hammy issues. Injury to Raul or Neves, crisis? Well short of quality of depth. Walking a tightrope.
So you think we needed a squad of 28 senior pros?

We let Trincão, Saiss, Marcal,Ruddy go.

So we needed to bring in 7/8?

Can't afford quality depth, focus on quality starters.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Need a box to box guy that can run wit the ball and provide a bit of energy to the midfield x2 preferably

Need a goal scoring cf badly if silva is off

Chiq injured/ traore maybe going and trincao not being signed…. we need a wide forward

3 min but max 4. ideally a second midfielder is needed. We are desperately lacking energy in the middle

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really? I'd say that we are a better squad now. Not by much admittedly, but Trincao + Ruddy offered zilch. Saiss had a brilliant half-season but then became classic Romain.
Agree with that. Collins should be better than Saiss, MGW is definitely better than Trincao, Sarkic should be better than ruddy.

No replacements yet for Marcal or Hoever but they didn’t do a huge amount last season anyway.

I’d say we’re stronger than last year as it stands, but I’d still like a bit more….

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with that. Collins should be better than Saiss, MGW is definitely better than Trincao, Sarkic should be better than ruddy.

No replacements yet for Marcal or Hoever but they didn’t do a huge amount last season anyway.

I’d say we’re stronger than last year as it stands, but I’d still like a bit more….

No replacement yet for Fabio either who is clearly leaving. A new striker is needed ASAP.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We desperately need a refresh , we can’t go into another season with basically the same players again ffs

We ay got the same players though.Well not all of them.The ones that have left,Saiss,Marvel Etc have bin replaced with Collins .Morgan Gibbs white.Bueno.Etc who I hope gets a chance on the bench.The ony one I'd probably want now is a striker to challenge Raul.The others I'm willing to be given a chance.They ay 17 year olds and if they're good enough they are old enough.There has to be communications between Bruno.Jeff,and Sellars.and I'm sure Bruno will let them know if we really need reinforcements or we have young uns willing to get their heads down and are deemed good enough to play a part.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If no one is serious about coming hard for our players there isn't a lot we can do is there though.

Neves market is not there, at the moment at least, and it has precluded our rebuild. We really need to get him at least a years extension - but I can see Barca already getting into his/Jorge's ear about waiting it out and coming back for a lower fee next year.

Stays with us this season.Has a storming year and Barca will need to pay more not less. ;)

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
keeping Moutinho & Neves (& Donk) means no new CM. We aren’t going to drop 30-40m and potentially bench one of them. We just won’t. Really we need to upgrade Donk with a mobile ****house who can tackle & pass but I don’t see it. Fosun never leave money Sat on the bench.
I am hoping for a decent striker though if Fabio goes.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True - but he hasn’t gone yet, so I’d assume it’s dependent on a replacement.
I hope he goes as it’s a wasted £35m ****ed up the wall if we don’t start letting him develop correctly.

Throwing him in at the deep end when he has struggled to find the back of the net for 2 years isn’t helping him one bit!!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
keeping Moutinho & Neves (& Donk) means no new CM. We aren’t going to drop 30-40m and potentially bench one of them. We just won’t. Really we need to upgrade Donk with a mobile ****house who can tackle & pass but I don’t see it. Fosun never leave money Sat on the bench.
This is exactly why a new striker is much more important than a new midfielder.

Ideally we need both but unless we sell Donk it isn’t going to happen

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No replacement yet for Fabio either who is clearly leaving. A new striker is needed ASAP.
Is losing a striker who didn't score that much worse than not bringing one in....

Both equate to same outcome... No goals :)

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's the things isn't? Relegation is not my biggest fear. Being bored to death watching my beloved Wolves is my biggest fear.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Wolves fan primarily to get entertained.
We've been dull many times since I became a fan in 1989. The Hoddle era was hurting my eyes. And there were other times.
But there was a difference. Because back then we always had a hope that it could be different. There was always hope of improving.
Or it was different because we knew the players we had werent very good, but at least they had passion, and for me that as good as any tika-taka..
But now? We actually have some good players. And I don't doubt their commitment.
Yet honestly in quite a few games last season it looked like some of them cares a bit less. And why not? Most people need a new challenge once in a while. But also it must be very demotivating to play the way we do.

So I fear this season....but not because we can get relegated, which I doubt we will be..

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's the things isn't? Relegation is not my biggest fear. Being bored to death watching my beloved Wolves is my biggest fear.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not a Wolves fan ro get entertained.
We've been dull many times since I became a fan in 1989. The Hoddle era was hurting my eyes. And there were other times.
But there was a difference. Because back then we always had a hope that it could be different. There was always hope of improving.
Or it was different because we knew the players we had werent very good, but at least they had passion, and for me that as good as any tika-taka..
But now? We actually have some good players. And I don't doubt their commitment.
Yet honestly in quite a few games last season it looked like some of them cares a bit less. And why not? Most people need a new challenge once in a while. But also it must be very demotivating to play the way we do.

So I fear this season....but not because we can get relegated, which I doubt we will be..
We had hope at the start of last season but , sadly, Bruno abandoned the attacking flair after a few games.

With predominantly the same squad going into the new season, as things stand, I’m not optimistic that we’ll be any better at attacking than last season’s early efforts. It’s why Liam keen is erring on the side of caution as to whether we actually adopt a back four as our template when the season starts.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You don't need to spend 40m on a CM.

We just need to find a player that's young and has potential to cover Moutinho this year and step up as a starter the next

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Saiss pre-ACON was excellent, not so afterwards. Collins will almost certainly be better than 2022 Saiss but not sure about 2021 Saiss. If he allows us to go to a back four that would make a big difference but more going forwards than defensively.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem,as it has been for a few seasons,strength in depth
We have lost some good squad players and so far not really replaced them
If we keep Traore,MGW plus the addition of Collins and keep Neves we arent too bad but still short on back up in certain areas
We still need another CM and forward then ill be happy as long as the rest stay

Back
Top Bottom