Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the midfield I will be very interested to see how Bruno uses the likes of cundle, ronan and hodge in these friendlies. If they get some proper minutes and do well it could be a big bonus for us. Not saying they are the answer but I want to see Bruno have a good look at them in these games.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only if Silva leaves does a striker become a greater priority

Bonkers if we don’t sign a CM regardless of what else happens this window

We need both

Its absolutely brillant that's its now become "if" Silva leaves, which seems more correct to say aa each day goes by with no clarification.
Yet he's currently missing a quite important part of pre-season....
Really couldn't make it up.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Why are people panicking about the window? We've always brought in a minimum of 4-5 players every summer transfer window (I didn't include every youth/prospect signing):

2019-202020-212021-22
Raul (made permanent)SilvaRAN (made permanent)
Donk (made permanent)SemedoSa
NetoHoeverMosquera
JordaoMarcalHwang (loan)
CutroneRAN (loan)Trincao (loan)
Vallejo (loan)Vitinha (loan)Bolla (prospect)
Dadashov (prospect)Toti (prospect)
Sarkic (prospect)

At the very least, we'll probably have a couple of loan with options, don't you think?

Definitely think we'll bring in 1-2 prospects (see Osario, maybe Renan), another ST/CF (succession planning for Raul), and a midfielder (certainly Mouts and Neves are gone next year--so would be good to get some succession planning going here as well).

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its absolutely brillant that's its now become "if" Silva leaves, which seems more correct to say aa each day goes by with no clarification.
Yet he's currently missing a quite important part of pre-season....
Really couldn't make it up.
Yep. He is clearly off. Hoping we have an imminent replacement coming in but we’ve been here before.

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Guys, judge the window when it closes. We don’t have a scoooby about what is going on and that is just how it is.

There may be nothing going on but I highly doubt that’s the case.

Trust the process, and if they don’t make any further signings, then get those pitchforks out if you must.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a lot are assuming Neves stays. he might )I hope he will) but the window goes well into the season so who knows?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We had hope at the start of last season but , sadly, Bruno abandoned the attacking flair after a few games.

With predominantly the same squad going into the new season, as things stand, I’m not optimistic that we’ll be any better at attacking than last season’s early efforts. It’s why Liam keen is erring on the side of caution as to whether we actually adopt a back four as our template when the season starts.
I've got the same familiar feeling creep in - it doesn't seem like our squad is going to undergo the refresh we all thought it needed (including Bruno). So far (after X weeks) we've got rid of Saiss and upgraded with a young very promising CB, loaned out our only back-up CF and got rid of a few other peripheral players. At this rate, I imagine we'll try a back 4 for a bit before reverting to the more tried and tested defensive approach in order to stabilise and (hopefully) stay up... Please prove me wrong Wolves!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the midfield I will be very interested to see how Bruno uses the likes of cundle, ronan and hodge in these friendlies. If they get some proper minutes and do well it could be a big bonus for us. Not saying they are the answer but I want to see Bruno have a good look at them in these games.

That's exactly what he should be doing Jos.Pre season everyone should be on the same starting point.New broom sweeps clean sort of thing.It's up to the players to show Bruno that they are good enough to be given a chance.It didn't take him long to figure out Sanderson was not quite ready.And loaned him back to blues.The ones that went away are the ones that Bruno thought stood a chance.They have to prove that to him now.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think people need to be less adversarial. We have heard all Summer that the Club recognise the need to strengthen the spine. It is not midfielder vs striker- we need both.

So, as long as we get a physical midfield partner for Neves and some genuine PL level competition for Raul, it will have been a good window.

Fail on either of those counts though and it's a f*ck up.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we have been linked with the following strikers?

Henry (Venezia)
Ramos
Onuachu
Gabigol
Icardi
Ben Yedder

One who sometimes appears as a link is Maxi Gomez.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He will do....that's the idea of having back to back pre season games....they will get more or less full games...even the week before the season starts in Portugal....all those players will play on the Sunday against farense....most of the squad will get 2 full games..... including the likes of toti, yerson , Bueno etc...

Houston Lobo

Reaction score

Henry (Venezia)
Ramos
Onuachu
Gabigol
Icardi
Ben Yedder

Wasn’t Ivan Toney mooted early on too?

I’m reminded of him with some chatter and speculation around other teams recently. Our link could’ve been one of those “Wolves would be a good destination for him” pundit type articles however.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think it's a reasonable bet to claim a signing is incoming without mentioning any name, then claim credit for predicting it.

No one will ever know if what I've said is right, because I can't say any names. You'll just have to decide based on the overall outcome.

Either way, the next few days will be telling.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No new info, but based on what I was previously told, a forward should be imminent. Of the names mentioned to me last week, four are forwards... two of whom have been loosely mentioned in links to us and two who have barely been mentioned.
thanks again fella the hope is alive. Cm dead in the water?

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one will ever know if what I've said is right, because I can't say any names. You'll just have to decide based on the overall outcome.

Either way, the next few days will be telling.
Need to have more details ideally

I can predict we will sign a striker in the next few days by the weekend, given Silva loan agreed.

Does this make me ITK?

Slothmonkey

Reaction score

Henry (Venezia)
Ramos
Onuachu
Gabigol
Icardi
Ben Yedder

Henry signed for Hellas Verona last week for 5 million euros.

Back
Top Bottom