Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Madmalc

Reaction score
If Sporting think Trincao is only worth a 10m risk, do you think anyone would take a 10m risk on Traore?

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s absolutely no way we’ve loaned Fabio out without another striker coming in. No chance.

Based on what?

Let mgw go last summer, no replacement. Let Adama go, no replacement. Hell, even in the championship season we had no backup to Bonatini, let all the other strikers go and got no replacement. We've been stung by this before, it's nothing new

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has our player clearout so far put any dent into Fosun's £33 billion debt yet?

Last edited:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are not as bad as people make out .. we need to keep players we have plus 3 signings CB .. CM .. Striker .. would also like a couple of 18 to 20 years old to develop .. maybe the Chilean lad Dario Osorio and one more

I think most are in agreement there.The problem ay the first 11,it's the back up if they get injuries .Those 3 positions are indeed what we want to improve the team overall.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How? We should get 20% of any future income Barca will get from Trincao.
Well get 20% of the £10m that Sporting give Barca. Barca will then still own 50% of him of which we get bugger all.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Hwang is actually ok as a goal scorer and therefore as back up to Raul, it is using him as a LW or inside left thats the mistake.

Except from the fact that his hold up play is very poor...
I actually do agree with your point that he needs to play up front, but not on his own.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so Trincao would have essentially cost us 4/5 million?
What to buy net of the loan fee? No. 10m is only half of his economic rights. We’d have had to pay double that or accept a 50% sell on clause (as sale of part economic rights is not permitted here).

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine if we had an entire year to line up a bunch of signings including contingencies with their agents so we ensured we wouldn't be in this position when the window opened.....
That would suggest a degree of professionalism/planning, scurrilous suggestion, repeat after me "In Jeff we Trust".

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to see Cutrone back contributing. He is indicative of the group and the clubs ethos really that has and still is building, once part of the back, always the part of the pack. I think the loan spells has done great for his development and we can welcome him back genuinely like a new signing.

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting as it appears he’s not been in the 11 for either the first or second half of Benfica’s game vs Reading today. Game just about to finish shortly.
watched some of the first half, comms mentioned us a few times but no idea what they were on about as it was portugese

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good to see Cutrone back contributing. He is indicative of the group and the clubs ethos really that has and still is building, once part of the back, always the part of the pack. I think the loan spells has done great for his development and we can welcome him back genuinely like a new signing.
?? Lol

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Four players on £50k a week is £1.6m in wages over two months.

Not saying it’s a major reason, but if I were a financially minded chairman looking to stretch my finances I’d also probably leave signings until later in the window than sooner.

Also, a major cash flow benefit in getting your loanees and released players out early but your signings in later. We could be talking about a near £3m benefit by doing this.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if this is at least in their mind.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eh, let's be real, 2-3 bad results and Molineux will turn. Not sure why we are pretending otherwise.

We pick up where we left off and the crowd reactions won't matter as Fosun will act swiftly. Two wins in the first ten and Bruno will be out of here.

ballboy#2

Reaction score

Not saying it’s a major reason, but if I were a financially minded chairman looking to stretch my finances I’d also probably leave signings until later in the window than sooner.

Also, a major cash flow benefit in getting your loanees and released players out early but your signings in later. We could be talking about a near £3m benefit by doing this.

Absolutely plays a part and I dont begrudge it either.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn't find the appropriate emoji. But a turkey wishing for Christmas would be another way of putting it. I just don't believe there is a shining knight out there waiting to save us from the wicked Chinese uncle.
False equivalence, doubt the slave had the opportunity of a shining knight, whereas there's every chance we could find "better" owners, maybe/maybe not but not out of the question.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sign Trincao for 8 mill, give him a 1 year deal, let him leave for free then resign him as a free agent. Would Barca get anything then?

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But how many points might that cost us.

Back
Top Bottom