Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

MiddlesexWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Pleased he's signed on again. Wonder if it's for the touted one year of if we gave him two in the end.

Shows that things are happening, and while comms are dire, maybe it's time to sit back a bit and see what else has been going on in the background.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan Gibbs-White, the England under-21 international, is a target for Premier League clubs including Nottingham Forest and returned to training as planned on Monday.

A new contract is on the table for the young attacker but is not seen as "a deal-breaker", according to sources, and the current stance within Wolves is that Gibbs-White is not for sale unless they are offered a huge fee of over £20m.

Gibbs-White was watched by Wolves technical director Scott Sellars in Sheffield United's play-off semi-finals against Forest and the club view him as part of their plans.

Ruben Neves has also returned to training and the situation with the Portuguese midfielder is fluid, with clubs including Barcelona interested, but once again the fee will need to be significant for Wolves to consider doing business.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's very telling that no journos even had a sniff of this.

Next up, some fresh faces please Jazzy Jeff
It really shouldn't be a surprise

Can anybody name a long running Wolves transfer saga? They're generally close to done by the time any news leaks

It's why this thread is good for a laugh but very little else

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Percy’s article:

“Wolves are working on transfer targets and though the market is proving slow, there is no panic over the lack of additions.

Lage is targeting a right-sided defender, another midfielder and a striker as he bids to freshen up his squad after a disappointing end to last season.”
Yes, I have been closely monitoring the press, and we are reportedly pursuing, endeavouring, prepared for, pushing, interested in, putting together, joining the race, closing in, ready to move and make a big play for lots of players.

Guy dingley

Reaction score
Very promising signs, the fact Joao will willing to accept the 1 year instead of two and also the fact no journals had an inside scoop on this. Really emphasizes how journalists have no idea about anything to do with wolves, with the murmurs of us not having much money imo look like a load of *******s. No way would mountinho spend his final years at wolves, if they are going to be no team improvements. MGW, Neves and moutinho to stay. Nunes,Madueke,Top class CB and a couple youthful additions. It’s red panty night we are all going on a European tour baby.

Last edited by a moderator:

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really shouldn't be a surprise

Can anybody name a long running Wolves transfer saga? They're generally close to done by the time any news leaks

It's why this thread is good for a laugh but very little else
I think "most" accept that the club let very little leak and by the time the media get any real information things are just about done.
What is worrying is that we've heard messages about patience in the last few windows only to find they end up with no one.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In Percy’s article:

“Wolves are working on transfer targets and though the market is proving slow, there is no panic over the lack of additions.

Lage is targeting a right-sided defender, another midfielder and a striker as he bids to freshen up his squad after a disappointing end to last season.”
But... But... But... We're skint and have no money!?!?!?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

actual article

“He’s a huge influence in the dressing room, with the younger players, and sets standards that they follow. His and Bruno’s relationship is very important. As a coach, you like players who can solve things on the pitch, and Joao is certainly one of them.”

Sellars said: “During his time with us, and the data will prove it, he hasn’t dropped his performance levels, with the football and physically, he’s very fit and very professional, so it’s no surprise he’s still playing to such a high standard at his age.

Moutinho will make his return to Compton Park on Wednesday, as pre-season ahead of the midfielder’s fifth Molineux campaign continues.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great news about Joao. He's a leader and excellent influence for the younger players. I thought he had a good season last year definitely overused due to lack of options but still showing his class.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right decision, good to see him stay but hopefully not a starting CM next year

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rather than better players I think they will be different type of players. I think Palhinha is very similar to what we’ve got and as Bruno bemoaned that they were too samey last year we’re going for something different. If you look at a lot of the midfielders we’ve been recently linked to they have been more mobile, with better dribbling ability and more of the box to box variety.

If we’re not selling Neves, Dendonker and Moutinho stays Palhinha isn’t going to massively change the midfield or even the way we play, just means a stronger bench as 2 of the 4 will sit on it and £20m that could be spent elsewhere. Even if two of the tree leave I think we might see some higher energy midfielders come in as last season out midfield could be passive.

All conjecture but just my thoughts.
I thought Palinha would be an excellent replacement for Neves. I was 100% sure Neves would be sold, I'm not anymore, therefore have no problem not signing Palinha.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at Vitinha, Nuno didn’t play him anywhere near enough, he was a star in the Portugal u21 team that includes Viera who just got a big move to arsenal. It was clear he had a significant amount of potential and just needed blooding. This player of last season didn’t just come out of nowhere……
Vitinha was described as player most like Moutinho ie a defensive midfielder (although we tried to play him as an attacking midfielder).
Who would you have dropped, Neves or Moutinho, to give Vitinha games. He would only have played in the cups and when Neves or Moutinho were out.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Release the João video wolves! It ended on that picture of the wine (or something similar) and had the Man Utd goal + celebration.

I have enjoyed my day of being ITK. I now return to my normal status of gormless observer who knows nothing!
I'm not having your in the know until is see this video I'm afraid.. ;)

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At last a bit of news to the positive, hope this starts to set the ball rolling but very reassuring to hear Percy say we have irons in the fire and are not panicking for the players we want

Delighted the great man is staying for another season
Yeah - alongside Romano, Percy is the one man who actually has his finger on the pulse with Wolves. I'd kill for his sources!

Back
Top Bottom