Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We tried that with Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and it didn't end well.
That was on the nutritionist for not explaining that the most awesome things you can eat often need to be eaten in moderation.

But it does show how good they are!!!

We have learned that bully taking the lads to sample the curry scene is not a thing to do

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah - alongside Romano, Percy is the one man who actually has his finger on the pulse with Wolves. I'd kill for his sources!
Jeff and his team probably want to kill his sources as they hate stuff getting out to the “local” fans

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Sporting are in dire need of cash, as reported, this doesn't make any sense at all.
It makes perfect sense, the player doesn’t want to come to wolves.

The only clubs he apparently wants to play for need to offer Europe, Milan fit that bill and that is what they can/want to pay.

Sporting cannot force him to wolves, so sadly for them the best offer he might take might be for a chunk of change less than we are offering.

Shows why the **** up in Jan with no investment is affecting fishing in the bigger pond to land that next calibre of player to give Bruno what he wants to change our style of play. As if we had Europe and 3 x top seven finishes in recent history he would probably jump at the chance to use us as his stepping stone to bigger and better clubs.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gonna dive in here and point out something you might already know...

It isn't a Sports Witness story. All they do is recycle other articles from different outlets across Europe.

This one is from a French Paper.

How hard is this to understand? It's the same with the "Talking Wolves" page, they aren't making anything up, it's just rehashing what's already out there for ease of access.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but this isn't even a transfer saga.

If they can't even get a whiff of a player signing a new contract they've got absolutely no hope with a multi-million-pound transfer. I guess we already knew that, but it just compounds it.
Didn't the E&S and Athletic both say last month they expected Moutinho to sign and it would happen?

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really shouldn't be a surprise

Can anybody name a long running Wolves transfer saga? They're generally close to done by the time any news leaks

It's why this thread is good for a laugh but very little else
It is a name in the legends of this forum, that has been shared through the generations……

Talisca

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The only clubs he apparently wants to play for need to offer Europe, Milan fit that bill and that is what they can/want to pay.

Sporting cannot force him to wolves, so sadly for them the best offer he might take might be for a chunk of change less than we are offering.

Shows why the **** up in Jan with no investment is affecting fishing in the bigger pond to land that next calibre of player to give Bruno what he wants to change our style of play. As if we had Europe and 3 x top seven finishes in recent history he would probably jump at the chance to use us as his stepping stone to bigger and better clubs.
Why would he jump at the chance to join us if we finished 7th and get into the conference league. Deciding then to presumably turn down one of the biggest clubs in the history of the game, who've just won Seria A?

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rob Edwards said that he moved through ambition. That he wanted first team football and wouldn't get it here. That means he didn't think he could be part of the project here, so we didn't sell a vision that included him, much like with Vitinha.

For someone who only deals in 'facts', you were quite adamant that the only reason he left was homesickness. Now you've been shown there were other reasons, your pride has taken a hit and you need to make out like that person is wrong. I'm a bit bored of your neediness for a **** swinging contest, so I'll leave it here.

In fairness we had Neves and had just signed Moutinho and Dendoncker, so not sure what the vision would have been that could have kept him. Is it not possible that he was also homesick, that perhaps not playing or even training with the first team added to that feeling of wanting to return home. It was common knowledge he moved in with Neves family at the time.

Maybe, just maybe, he was both homesick and ambitious to want to play. It says plenty that he went to a low level Portuguese team to do it, and all credit to him for doing well and earning his move off the back of it.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In respect of Wolves, yes it makes sense. But if Sporting need cash surely they wouldn't OFFER him to a club for a lower price than they value him at (the 45m + we were quoted) ? They would put it about via his agent that he's available for the right price and set up a bidding war.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The future of Matheus Nunes remains open, with about two months left for the transfer market to close, but the probability of the Portuguese international staying in Alvalade is increasing, as our newspaper reported.

The truth is that in the foreign press news continues to appear about several clubs interested in the player and that they can come forward with proposals. Yesterday, it was the turn of the Italian press to announce that the midfielder had been offered to Milan, the reigning champions, and that Matheus would be a player who would add quality to the squad and who fulfilled the requirements of coach Stefano Pioli.

Likely to stay put

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For what we are likely to get for him we may as well give him a try.
Not sure mate.

I really want him to succeed but, looking at evidence:

Failed at Wolves
Failed at Fiorentina
Failed at Valencia
Failed at Empoli

Sadly....I think there's a pattern!

I just don't think he's good enough for us.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
For what we are likely to get for him we may as well give him a try.
100%. What’s left on his contract?12 months? He’s still our player for now and unlike the Mir situation he won’t be commanding any significant offers.

It’s a few years on now since he last featured so I’d be all for giving him another crack as there is nothing to lose.

Knowing us he will probably go on to score in double figures and leave on a free haha.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or he could also have been used a substitute for one of them, you have forgotten that option……

You don’t need to drop one player to give another 10/15 mins in a game.

The lack of minutes given really plays into Nuno not trusting the squad outside his main 11 which was a problem and cited by Citroen as one of his issues with his move to the club and why he couldn’t settle
Agree but i doubt he would have been happy with that and still left.
Would be ideal if he could do 50/50 ish games with Moutinho this season and then take over next, but too late now.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Need to get the wage bill down below the 70% and isn't he on 60k a week?

Just need him off the books.
To that effect it makes sense.

However I thought the new FFP rules were gradually being phased in.

Something like 90% for this season, 80% next and then a 70% limit would be enforced from 24/25

I don’t expect I am correct, so please someone correct me.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder how much Joao deciding on his future has influenced lack of signings so far? He's a big chunk of the wage bill so they'll have wanted to know if he was staying before committing to contract offers elsewhere. Prob means that we are more likely to pursue someone like that Almeida in midfield than someone more expensive like Nunes.

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To that effect it makes sense.

However I thought the new FFP rules were gradually being phased in.

Something like 90% for this season, 80% next and then a 70% limit would be enforced from 24/25

I don’t expect I am correct, so please someone correct me.

You're probably right, but I get the impression that the wage bill is a major focus this Summer.

Back
Top Bottom