Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a ST and think those Wolves fans who live abroad/cannot attend/attend occasionally have the same 'level of right' as us ST holders.
It's a ridiculous argument

How many people on here are ultra passionate about the England football, cricket, rugby etc etc teams and likely never go to a single game. Are they second tier fans be looked down upon by the uber fans too?

R

reanswolf

I have a ST and think those Wolves fans who live abroad/cannot attend/attend occasionally have the same 'level of right' as us ST holders.
But they don't, that's my point, its not a moral assessment. Jeez its not a difficult concept.

So are you saying that when your season ticket comes up for renewal, a non-attending fan has equal right to it next season?
Are you saying that if Wolves get to the Cup Final, a non-attending fan gets as much priority to a final ticket then a ST holder?

They don't, because Wolves, know all too well who should have priority.

I bet you wouldn't practice what you preach in those scenarios hypothetically, should that occur. You would suddenly realise that you should have priority.

R

reanswolf

How many people on here are ultra passionate about the England football, cricket, rugby etc etc teams and likely never go to a single game. Are they second tier fans be looked down upon by the uber fans too?
This is a classic example of not actually reading the thread points properly.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know you have mate, but you don't patronisingly go round belittling posters all the time telling them they are wrong, from the other side of the world and never attending. I have never for one moment doubted your love for Wolves.

But its still fact that the views of match-attending, season-ticket holders and the views of other match attending fans will be of primary importance, its not even controversial, its just fact. Many of those fans travel a long way to attend as well, incurring considerable additional expenditure and if anything I would say morally their views should count most of all. We all also buy stuff from the club shop on top, or the vast majority of us do. Everyone is of course perfectly entitled to their opinion of matters all-related to Wolves, but again, the views of fans of match-attendees should be paramount. That's not saying we are better fans, its just about being direct, current customers/supporters. Its not rocket science and its not really even debatable, controversial or sensitive. That is why they get first options on cup tickets for instance.
Oh I dunno, I'm a stroke of bad luck away from not having a season ticket. If I were to lose my job and rightly prioritize paying my mortgage would my opinion become less relevant overnight?

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I don’t know reans, but id imagine he has a low self esteem, and going to wolves games is the only thing that makes him feel special, hence why he thinks of himself as a superior level of fan….

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But they don't, that's my point, its not a moral assessment. Jeez its not a difficult concept.

So are you saying that when your season ticket comes up for renewal, a non-attending fan has equal right to it next season?
Are you saying that if Wolves get to the Cup Final, a non-attending fan gets as much priority to a final ticket then a ST holder?

I bet you wouldn't practice what you preach in those scenarios hypothetically, should that occur. You would suddenly realise that you should have priority.

I thought we were talking about 'level of right' to an opinion on Wolves? Of course ST holders should get priority on tickets, I don't see anybody saying any different? That does not mean their 'opinion' or 'right to pass judgement' is any more important though?!

Nobody really wants to belittle anyone with an interest in our beloved Wolves, but when a person who doesn’t go / invest time and money into the club offers strong opinions about things, they are doing so from an entirely different premise, and hence perhaps are perceived as not having the same level of right to pass judgement on things

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know you have mate, but you don't patronisingly go round belittling posters all the time telling them they are wrong, from the other side of the world and never attending. I have never for one moment doubted your love for Wolves.

But its still fact that the views of match-attending, season-ticket holders and the views of other match attending fans will be of primary importance, its not even controversial, its just fact. Many of those fans travel a long way to attend as well, incurring considerable additional expenditure and if anything I would say morally their views should count most of all. We all also buy stuff from the club shop on top, or the vast majority of us do. Everyone is of course perfectly entitled to their opinion of matters all-related to Wolves, but again, the views of fans of match-attendees should be paramount. That's not saying we are better fans, its just about being direct, current customers/supporters. Its not rocket science and its not really even debatable, controversial or sensitive. That is why they get first options on cup tickets for instance.

I think to a point it depends what the views are. If its things that directly impact the matchday experience for example, then i think it is the people who rock up every week whose opinions carry more weight because that has an impact on what happens when they turn up.

If we are talking about how the club is run, the team, transfers etc then i dont think a season ticket holders view for example carries anymore weight than anyone else. I dont think turning up every week to games makes a difference. Rightly or wrongly, the game isnt marketed to the fans on matchday anymore. The bulk of the money clubs are making is from TV revenue so the Premier league is focused on selling the game worldwide through tv. I think we can see from how Shi is talking about the matchday fans they arent as important as they once were. I dont agree with his sentiment, but its the way things are going.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So by your rationale, if I’m a corporate box owner I should have more say than you as a mere season ticket holder? Even I f secretly I support Villa and just use the box for customers.
And eg, younger & OAP supporters should have less say than generic adult ticket holders.

Maybe you could produce a league table taking these things into account along with geographic proximity to Wolverhampton so we all understand who’s views carry the most weight.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually I disagree. Paying attendees including ST holders and others who attend, should have more say than non-attending Wolves fans, in my opinion. It's just the way it is unfortunately. Those people are paying customers. It doesn't mean I think they are bigger Wolves fans than someone who doesn't attend, or that they love them more. And I do get the fact that if you pay WolvesTV then you to are a paying customer too.

My point being that Vancouver may well love the Wolves, but he happily dishes out opinions on others routinely, and routinely belittles/patronises them too, perhaps without having paid out for an expensive ST, that may well affect how you perceive things.
Everyone should be allowed to have their say (in equal doses). Maybe some opinions carry a bit more weight though ... but it’s up to us to decide?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently Goncalo Ramos might be sold by Benfica today (to hit the 30th June deadline). Wonder where he will end up - there have been links with us, Roma, Bayern, Newcastle.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Are ticketing queues and validity of opinion the same thing or is that a false equivalence?

R

reanswolf

No I do get all these points. I did say it doesn’t make someone a bigger / better fan, but the reality is the ST holders and members will inevitably get prioritised by Wolves.

In a way none of us individually have a more influential view than the next person, but collectively if attending fans vote with their feet, the club will certainly take notice.

Anyone can have a view about Wolves and of course they are entitled to that, and despite income from non attending fans, I retain the stance that unofficially it will be the attitude of attending fans, primarily demonstrated through ST sales, that primarily drives much of what they do and how they act.

R

reanswolf

Oh I dunno, I'm a stroke of bad luck away from not having a season ticket. If I were to lose my job and rightly prioritize paying my mortgage would my opinion become less relevant overnight?
Not necessarily but if you had never attended and went round patronisingly telling ST holders that they were over reacting or were wrong, people might well view your stance differently.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually I disagree. Paying attendees including ST holders and others who attend, should have more say than non-attending Wolves fans, in my opinion. It's just the way it is unfortunately. Those people are paying customers. It doesn't mean I think they are bigger Wolves fans than someone who doesn't attend, or that they love them more. And I do get the fact that if you pay WolvesTV then you to are a paying customer too.

My point being that Vancouver may well love the Wolves, but he happily dishes out opinions on others routinely, and routinely belittles/patronises them too, perhaps without having paid out for an expensive ST, that may well affect how you perceive things.
Sorry, congratulations, you've got the funds and free time to get to Molineux, some of us do not. Even coming up from the south these days I am talking a ridiculous sum of money on train fairs alone, does that diminish peoples opinion because someone else can actually afford the trip to get to Molineux for a 4pm kick off on a Sunday?

Had a season ticket for years, travelled from South for many years as a younger kid, didn't miss a game in League One, but times change, costs go up, families are had, and being able to get to Molineux falls far down the pecking order but that doesn't mean that original loving of Wolves diminishes.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No I do get all these points. I did say it doesn’t make someone a bigger / better fan, but the reality is the ST holders and members will inevitably get prioritised by Wolves.

In a way none of us individually have a more influential view than the next person, but collectively if attending fans vote with their feet, the club will certainly take notice.

Anyone can have a view about Wolves and of course they are entitled to that, and despite income from non attending fans, I retain the stance that unofficially it will be the attitude of attending fans, primarily demonstrated through ST sales, that primarily drives much of what they do and how they act.
The argument isn't about who wolves prioritise, it's about people on here thinking they are better than others and more important because of circumstances, personally I think it's snobbish

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The argument isn't about who wolves prioritise, it's about people on here thinking they are better than others and more important because of circumstances, personally I think it's snobbish
I don’t even think he knows what he’s arguing about any more, mate.

R

reanswolf

Yes but let’s go back to my original post, I was talking about one named person, not everybody who happens to live a distance from Molineux.

Amazes me in these situations how people think that the accusation applies to them even when the person is named and the point is made because of his attitude.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours of Ramos from benfica being sold for 45m - just some twitter nonsense i think.

Sporting struggling to get trincao loan over the line - due to fifa rules

Alot of sporting fans feels they that although nunes would be a loss, that braganca and urgate are tailor made for a new midfield partnership

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Rumours of Ramos from benfica being sold for 45m - just some twitter nonsense i think.

Sporting struggling to get trincao loan over the line - due to fifa rules
I think there seems to be rumours of a last ditch effort to offload a home grown talent from one of the Portuguese big 3 each year. Especially as the financial year resets.

We've taken advantage of it in the past, who knows? Could be that £45m is a front and he can be gotten a lot cheaper.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely can’t find many threads this morning that’s anything other than arguments and bitching.

No wonder @Mutchy and @bod101 have given up and stepped away, they’d have better luck getting a bunch of toddlers to play nicely together than keep these threads in order.

This place is a state at the minute.
SAYS YOU POO FACE

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately,since we doesn´t seem able to sell any players..we won´t be able to buy any either..going by the words from the top brass at the club.
See that MGW looks likely to stay and no bids incoming for Ruben Neves.
I was hoping there were truth in the Donk to Lazio early rumour,but when writing this I see no signs of it.

In this very moment it looks to me as if we won´t make any significant transfers of any kind..in or outgoings.
There will probably be some transfers in on a lesser scale since players like Saiss and Marcal has left the club..but it seems naive to expect anything else since we have to sell before we buys..and it seems we ain´t selling.

Glass ankles

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
im-not-a-fan-im-a-superfan-matt-iseman.gif

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think anyone who cares enough to post consistently on here about Wolves cares deeply about the club, and is affected (both positively and negatively) by the goings-on at Molineux no matter where they're located.

Anyway, fingers crossed for some positive transfer news/rumours today.

Last edited:

JaycogWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Richarlison will probably thrive at Spurs to be fair dependant on who he has behind him.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

I genuinely can’t find many threads this morning that’s anything other than arguments and bitching.

No wonder @Mutchy and @bod101 have given up and stepped away, they’d have better luck getting a bunch of toddlers to play nicely together than keep these threads in order.

This place is a state at the minute.
TBF if everyone played nicely and had the same opinion the forum probably wouldn't exist.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With regards to my last post..IF MGW is staying that is actually as a new signing.
He must be given his proper chance now to really make his impact known in the starting eleven,and if coming good at PL levels..it will surely be a reinforcemnet.

I see no real danger of us being relegated by this squad,as it currently looks.
I don´t see Europe either.
Midtable finish 9-14 I would think.

Back
Top Bottom