Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In which division though? The premier is a fast league.
And true Neves is pretty slow..... But more the reason to sign more mobile faster midfielders if he stays or goes. Moutinho and Donk arent fast either. In fact, our midfield lack of mobility and our weak centre backs are what is holding us back IMO.
Why add to that?

Depends if you're going to press or not. As you say our midfield and center backs are slow and can't press. We either have to change it all and follow what everyone else wants or go our own way and get more value for cheaper.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's a hilarious joke every time we pretend that Jeff uses the term legacy fans, but can we give it a rest for a bit? I think a lot of people now genuinely believe he's said it, when it was nothing to do with him, it was the European Super League lot!
Fair enough. Jokes can become tired. But from my perspective, caring more about fosun sports than the football club, not repairing the ground, not seeming to care about the poor quality of football, generally taking us for granted - whether he said the word or not, its treating us as legacy fans.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Actually thinking about ramos, if its true someone has offered 40m euros, its probably newcastle instead of going after ekitike

D

Deleted member sbk12944

For those saying no to William Carvalho because he's slow. Is Neves or any other of our midfielders fast or rely on speed?

Carvalho is statistically better on the ball and a better passer then Neves and Moutinho.
Kevin De Bruyne gave the ball away more than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues last season would you turn him down?
The same stat can be used for and against an argument if used in binary form.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

Actually thinking about ramos, if its true someone has offered 40m euros, its probably newcastle instead of going after ekitike
Reading the Benfica forum one poster says its definitely to England but also says the quoted fee is wrong and its a lot/bit lower.

oh and if you think Jeff Shi gets stick, there are actual wishes of death and harm to their CEO on there.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kevin De Bruyne gave the ball away more than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues last season would you turn him down?

No because it's not just a simple pass percentage stat I'm looking at. He's in the 95% of midfielders in top 5 leagues for progressive passes and 92% for passes into the final 3rd.

He's not this safe bet pass it sideways all the time guy.

Even though he's slow, 95% of successful dribbles, 91% in attempts and 92% in carries.

He's slow but he's a Rolls Royce of a midfielder.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
De Bruyne is an advanced player who is always trying to split the defence with riskier through balls, which is why he loses possession a lot statistically. Carvalho's more withdrawn position means his passing stats could be reasonably be compared to that of Neves and Moutinho (with the caveat Ruben also likes playing riskier long passes).

TheTwoPigeons

Groupie
Reaction score
Competing with Leicester, Man Utd, Chelsea and Everton on who can make a first signing.

Chelsea look front runners and they've been sold in the last few months.

Always nice to be in the same category as Everton and Man Utd on transfers, two clubs who've been lauded for their transfer activity.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

De Bruyne is an advanced player who is always trying to split the defence with riskier through balls, which is why he loses possession a lot statistically. Carvalho's more withdrawn position means his passing stats could be reasonably be compared to that of Neves and Moutinho (with the caveat Ruben also likes playing riskier long passes).
KDB is an advanced player? and there was me thinking he was a goalkeeper. My point was more stats can be used to show whatever you like, a simple pass is counted the same as a difficult one. :p

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves staying is only good news if it's with a new contract. Just keeping him and letting him get to 1-year left on his deal is nothing to be happy about imo.
Agree. If letting Traore leave on a free will cause a meltdown, Heaven knows what would happen if we let the best player of the Fosun era, with the best rapport with the fans, leave for nout!

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's a hilarious joke every time we pretend that Jeff uses the term legacy fans, but can we give it a rest for a bit? I think a lot of people now genuinely believe he's said it, when it was nothing to do with him, it was the European Super League lot!
I'm sure that in lieu of any actual evidence the internet will continue to make things up to support it's agenda.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
KDB is an advanced player? and there was me thinking he was a goalkeeper. My point was more stats can be used to show whatever you like, a simple pass is counted the same as a difficult one. :p
They can, but Dan G WWFC's comparing the passing stats of players who take up similar positions on the pitch is valid and relevant, therefore your point isn't.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palhinha was ours if we wanted him. We obviously don’t.

The question is why.
Neves stays nunes is the all singing and dancing plan?

doubtful i expect we have something in the wings or nothing.

They will all be out of the blue signings, not often do we sign someone so heavily leaked

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a strange one as it was us or Fulham and only us if Neves left. We’re gutted as we have ‘lost out’ to Fulham but I haven’t seen him linked with anyone else. Unlike some of our other targets who are linked with clubs playing in Europe. So is he as good as some think he is? If he was wouldn’t other teams also be interested for that price? We’ll probably know at the end of the window.

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves stays nunes is the all singing and dancing plan?

doubtful i expect we have something in the wings or nothing.

They will all be out of the blue signings, not often do we sign someone so heavily leaked
Neves, moutinho, traore & mgw stay and its business done I think.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah, what could have been. For £35m, we could have had next season’s PSG midfield (plus Neves and Moutinho). Good luck to him. Incredible opportunity for the kid.
Yet, he was apparently complete pony for us only last year. You gotta love the rationalisation on here when good 'uns slip through our fingers.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt anything will be announced tomorrow but early next week there should be moves afoot
Im saying this with no confidence at all,but plenty of optimism lol

Work in the summer window,dow stop at 5pm on a Friday and resumes work at 8am on monday.So they now have all wikend to get Bruno the players he wants.And for them to report for training first thing Monday morning.More or less wat he wanted.No bloody excuses now jeff,we season ticket holders have shown you ar money.Lets see a bit of Fosuns. :p

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

nice to see

#Porto is attentive to João #Moutinho!
The player ends his contract with #wolves today and, if there is no announcement regarding his renewal, the Portuguese club can proceed with his hiring.

Os dragões com a saída de Vitinha estudam a possibilidade de oferecer ao internacional português, um contrato semelhante ao de Pepe. E a chegada de Moutinho não impossibilita a vinda de André Almeida

FCPorto with another possible return to “home”?
João Moutinho ends his contract with #Wolverhampton and if there is no white smoke by the end of today, he will be a free player on the market.
I received information that #Porto is closely following the situation of its former player.

If we dont renew, off to porto

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All this chat of Neves staying but surely De Jong is the first domino here and Neves will go to Barca to replace him?

BUT...Barca drinking the lager.Dow value him as high as wolves do.So unless they agree to the price.Ruben ay gewin anywhere.

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Neves staying is only good news if it's with a new contract. Just keeping him and letting him get to 1-year left on his deal is nothing to be happy about imo
100% - especially as without the money from his sale we have little money to improve the squad. Best we can aim for is midtable so and end up up knocking 25/30 mil off Neves' value

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score

nice to see

#Porto is attentive to João #Moutinho!
The player ends his contract with #wolves today and, if there is no announcement regarding his renewal, the Portuguese club can proceed with his hiring.

Os dragões com a saída de Vitinha estudam a possibilidade de oferecer ao internacional português, um contrato semelhante ao de Pepe. E a chegada de Moutinho não impossibilita a vinda de André Almeida

FCPorto with another possible return to “home”?
João Moutinho ends his contract with #Wolverhampton and if there is no white smoke by the end of today, he will be a free player on the market.
I received information that #Porto is closely following the situation of its former player.

If we dont renew, off to porto
My Aunty worked at Compton last year. Adama is a top lad. He was her favourite.

So also are the rest btw.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is saying Neves stays here for one more season before joining Barca this time next year. No new contract, but another year of Neves?

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
I genuinely can’t find many threads this morning that’s anything other than arguments and bitching.

No wonder @Mutchy and @bod101 have given up and stepped away, they’d have better luck getting a bunch of toddlers to play nicely together than keep these threads in order.

This place is a state at the minute.
yep it is, yet if we do anything about it we get a load of **** back, often from people who may like and agree with a post like this (not referring to you here :) )

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So as it stands right now the starting line up would be
Sa
Jonny
Kilman
Coady
Gomez
RAN
?
Neves