Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely can’t find many threads this morning that’s anything other than arguments and bitching.

No wonder @Mutchy and @bod101 have given up and stepped away, they’d have better luck getting a bunch of toddlers to play nicely together than keep these threads in order.

This place is a state at the minute.
And it's all that Jeff Shi's fault!!1

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Entertaining but bugger all to do with transfers.

Anyone have any actual transfer news or rumours to get this thread roughly back on topic?

As far as I can tell from late last night, while the press are reporting Mouts contract talks reached an impasse, it appears his brother David msg’ed DazzaDave on Instagram to effectively confirm he’d signed a contract. At least two posters on here also said he’d signed a contract, but didn’t say on what terms, or if their source was any different from the Twitter post.

Meanwhile it’s June 30, which for clubs like Everton and much of the Spanish league, is FFP deadline day. So for them to flatter their books for FFP reporting, we are likely to see a few deals announced today. Whether Wolves are involved, nobody knows, but it would certainly fit the usual Fosun / Mendes model if we tried to take advantage of the pressure on other clubs.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
SAYS YOU POO FACE
This is exactly the sort of transfer related content I was hoping to see when logging on to the mix this morning. I couldn't care less about a Neves or moutinho contract renewal when I have front row seats to this.
I'm not actually in attendance to witness the argument first hand though so I suppose that makes me less of a man.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just to add my 10pence worth.
I have 3 Season tickets and I have lots of friends who follow the Wolves more religiously than I Do. I'm not saying I'm not a fan, what I am saying that there are people out there who know the ins and outs of our club that perhaps due to circumstances or financial commitments, no longer can attend. Not for one second would I ever consider myself more of a fan because quite luckily I'm in a position to attend.
It's a ridiculous idea and not one that I agree with in the slightest.

R

reanswolf

I have 3 Season tickets and I have lots of friends who follow the Wolves more religiously than I Do. I'm not saying I'm not a fan, what I am saying that there are people out there who know the ins and outs of our club that perhaps due to circumstances or financial commitments, no longer can attend. Not for one second would I ever consider myself more of a fan because quite luckily I'm in a position to attend.
I tend to agree with that.

Is tomorrow the big day for an announcement?

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Go and **** yourself *****

People can read through and see exactly what was said by who and when. You can try and rationalise your insane opinion as much as you like, but it doesn't change the fact that you are bullying a poster, for the crime of being positive.

And for the 2nd time in a few days, swear at someone who calls you out on it.

R

reanswolf

I actually like Carvalho but how old is he?
Another who splits opinion, certainly not an attacking CM

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves staying would make sense as to why we're not going in for Palhinha. If we can somehow add Nunes to Joao, Neves and Donck I think that gives us great midfield options. I'd take Nico as the 4th option too if we can't get Nunes.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All I can think about with William Carvalho was a couple of seasons ago when we all thought he was signing cuz of a lookalike in the crowd, domininated the Mix for a couple of days IIRC :joycat: :joycat: :joycat:

Ah yes, another topic which also diverted the transfer thread of the time, when it devolved into an argument about facial similarities. I’ll leave that there!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
I genuinely can’t find many threads this morning that’s anything other than arguments and bitching.

No wonder @Mutchy and @bod101 have given up and stepped away, they’d have better luck getting a bunch of toddlers to play nicely together than keep these threads in order.

This place is a state at the minute.
We certainly know how King Canute felt.
The sad thing is that posters seem to value the forum in that its a regular haunt, yet feel they have an automatic right to spoil and deride it too.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
With all this talk of Portuguese clubs trying to get players off their books to generate funds and in some cases keep them afloat,I haven’t got over the last one
I give you Eggert Jonson from Hearts

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not necessarily but if you had never attended and went round patronisingly telling ST holders that they were over reacting or were wrong, people might well view your stance differently.
Personally I'd value the opinion of one levelheaded distant but time served foreign based fan over the opinions of one hundred hysterical season ticket wielding bi-polar loons.

Conversely I'd rather have a teary eyed manic depressive diehard season ticket holder stood next to me at a cup final than a foreign fan who magically found the time and money to attend their first game, but that's an entirely different argument isn't it?

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Entertaining but bugger all to do with transfers.

Anyone have any actual transfer news or rumours to get this thread roughly back on topic?

As far as I can tell from late last night, while the press are reporting Mouts contract talks reached an impasse, it appears his brother David msg’ed DazzaDave on Instagram to effectively confirm he’d signed a contract. At least two posters on here also said he’d signed a contract, but didn’t say on what terms, or if their source was any different from the Twitter post.

Meanwhile it’s June 30, which for clubs like Everton and much of the Spanish league, is FFP deadline day. So for them to flatter their books for FFP reporting, we are likely to see a few deals announced today. Whether Wolves are involved, nobody knows, but it would certainly fit the usual Fosun / Mendes model if we tried to take advantage of the pressure on other clubs.
Wiki says Joao's siblings are named Nelson and Alexandre. But who knows? Don't know what to believe.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a ST and think those Wolves fans who live abroad/cannot attend/attend occasionally have the same 'level of right' as us ST holders.
Jeff sees a more hierarchical structure to the rights of our fan base, something akin to:
  • Potential fans in China who have an interest in eSports
  • Potential fans in China
  • Non-affiliated potential fans in untapped markets where we have recently or plan to increase player acquisition activity, and have an interest in eSports
  • Non-affiliated potential fans in untapped markets where we have recently or plan to increase player acquisition activity
  • Non-affiliated potential fans in already tapped markets where we have recently or plan to increase player acquisition activity, and have an interest in eSports
  • Non-affiliated potential fans in already tapped markets where we have recently or plan to increase player acquisition activity
  • Non-affiliated fans in markets where we have no plans to increase player acquisition activity, but think we can though Wolves music and other tactical side hustles
  • Potential eSports fans outside UK who could transfer their interest to Wolves
  • eSports fans outside UK who could transfer their interest to Wolves
  • Non-affiliated potential fans who could become future legacy fans through side hustles such as Wolves music
  • Legacy fans outside UK who could develop an interest in eSports
  • Legacy fans outside UK who don't say nasty things about him on forums or social media
  • Legacy fans outside UK
  • Legacy fans: season ticket holders who don't say nasty things about him on forums or social media
  • Legacy fans: members who don't say nasty things about him on social media
  • Legacy fans: general public who don't say nasty things about him on social media
  • Any of the above group of legacy fans that do question him on social media

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Three Season tickets! Are you like that fat Blues fan (RIP) who used to have two?

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
  • Legacy fans outside UK who could develop an interest in eSports
  • Legacy fans outside UK who don't say nasty things about him on forums or social media
  • Legacy fans outside UK
  • Legacy fans: season ticket holders who don't say nasty things about him on forums or social media
  • Legacy fans: members who don't say nasty things about him on social media
  • Legacy fans: general public who don't say nasty things about him on social media
  • Any of the above group of legacy fans that do question him on social media

I know it's a hilarious joke every time we pretend that Jeff uses the term legacy fans, but can we give it a rest for a bit? I think a lot of people now genuinely believe he's said it, when it was nothing to do with him, it was the European Super League lot!

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those saying no to William Carvalho because he's slow. Is Neves or any other of our midfielders fast or rely on speed?

Carvalho is statistically better on the ball and a better passer then Neves and Moutinho.
In which division though? The premier is a fast league.
And true Neves is pretty slow..... But more the reason to sign more mobile faster midfielders if he stays or goes. Moutinho and Donk arent fast either. In fact, our midfield lack of mobility and our weak centre backs are what is holding us back IMO.
Why add to that?

AberWolf

Reaction score
All this chat of Neves staying but surely De Jong is the first domino here and Neves will go to Barca to replace him?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He'll make Dendoncker look like Kante!

The difference being, Dendoncker is fairly mobile if you look at his running stats. What he lacks is a turn of pace and any positional sense whatsoever. The outcome being that he trots around a lot like a one-paced headless chicken.

Carvalho probably falls into the camp of not being as mobile, but having very good positional sense. For a defensive, holding midfield player, both would be ideal, but having great positional sense is probably more important.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well I have to say things are looking up with the Neves and Moutinho rumours. I suspect it will be another week before we add to the midfield if it is going to be Nunes. Three first team signings and keeping Neves, Mouts and MGW would be a pretty good window. Here's hoping anyway.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All this chat of Neves staying but surely De Jong is the first domino here and Neves will go to Barca to replace him?
Soler to barcelona, news from spain is barca, going to pass on ruben this year.

Colwill likely to move from chelsea if they get de ligt or another Cb

Back
Top Bottom