Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean like we did in January, when we let Traore out on loan, with nothing in it for us, took away another option fir the manager and constantly ignored his requests for players? We've done exactly what you just said we didn't do... Let a player leave, weakened the squad and had no plan, so we have previous for it.
It was ridiculous in hindsight, for sure. We did have Neto coming back though, and jonny? Certainly back into fitness.
Anyway, we should have got people in, but look at the mistakes we've made in January before. And Hwang.
Let's hope we get some better news soon about this summer

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves get a big chunk of money from TV rights and that high amount is probably due to viewers from abroad.
Plus the poster above seems to think I don’t invest time on Wolves……well, they have my permission to ask the mods how much time on spend on the mix.

Anyway, whatever. I can’t turn off my heart.
You don't have to justify anything, they're talking absolute childish nonsense and should be embarrassed of themselves.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't link ATM but the sun has just reported neves is going to stay

Can now

Man Utd, Arsenal and Barcelona transfer blow as Wolves ‘win battle’ to keep £75m star Ruben Neves...
10 mins ago

The sun! Now I am worried.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mean like we did in January, when we let Traore out on loan, with nothing in it for us, took away another option fir the manager and constantly ignored his requests for players? We've done exactly what you just said we didn't do... Let a player leave, weakened the squad and had no plan, so we have previous for it.
I could be mistaken but I wonder if you understand the Barca/Traore deal? It’s all there, in detail on the Adama thread.
And we didn’t constantly ignore his requests for players.
That is in the public record , so to speak.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
No, that's simply not true, we are all wolves fans. This conversation has become ridiculous
Chill Winston.

The initial comment from Rhos to Vancouver was ridiculous.

Adrian Monk’s comment was tongue in cheek

And Squaddie has stuck up for Vancouver and is now just being facetious in response to the comments Reans made.

Think that just about sums it up.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody really wants to belittle anyone with an interest in our beloved Wolves, but when a person who doesn’t go / invest time and money into the club offers strong opinions about things, they are doing so from an entirely different premise, and hence perhaps are perceived as not having the same level of right to pass judgement on things

I've got up many times at 3 or 4 am to watch games, which isnt that easy!I'd say i still invest a lot of my time into watching Wolves, its just in a different way. I've spend plenty of money with the club, its just not on matchday tickets. I dont think the premise is any different from people who are season ticket holders and i'm speaking as somebody who didnt miss a game pretty much home and away for about 20 years in the 80's and 90's. My views now are still the same as they would have been back then.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's just frustration and anger at the club, we all say stupid things sometimes in emotional moments and that's what's happening. We are all Wolves otherwise what does it actually mean?
It’s frustration because we’re being told not to worry and judge the club at the end of the window which is what’s been said for about the past four windows and it always ends in disappointment . None of it means any fan is better than any other though just that some have different levels of expectation.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, that's simply not true, we are all wolves fans. This conversation has become ridiculous
But it’s not @Rhoswolf doing……he’s fine and made a great offer to me.

psst….reason I don’t want to stay with him is because someone told me he snores.:):):(;)

( thought a little humour would go a long way round about now).

R

reanswolf

Same level of right? Didn't realise there was a rank structure on here.
Actually I disagree. Paying attendees including ST holders and others who attend, should have more say than non-attending Wolves fans, in my opinion. It's just the way it is unfortunately. Those people are paying customers. It doesn't mean I think they are bigger Wolves fans than someone who doesn't attend, or that they love them more. And I do get the fact that if you pay WolvesTV then you to are a paying customer too.

My point being that Vancouver may well love the Wolves, but he happily dishes out opinions on others routinely, and routinely belittles/patronises them too, perhaps without having paid out for an expensive ST, that may well affect how you perceive things.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could be mistaken but I wonder if you understand the Barca/Traore deal? It’s all there, in detail on the Adama thread.
And we didn’t constantly ignore his requests for players.
That is in the public record , so to speak.
Haven't read the thread, but what is there to understand? The deal was a naive, rank amateur one that did not benefit us at all, and weakened the already slim squad.

Really? Bruno wouldn't shut up about bringing in signings for weeks! He asked for players and didn't get any. I get you're optimistic and I will gladly eat humble pie if I'm wrong, but it really is head in the sand stuff. This has been an ongoing problem window after window.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chill Winston.

The initial comment from Rhos to Vancouver was ridiculous.

Adrian Monk’s comment was tongue in cheek

And Squaddie has stuck up for Vancouver and is now just being facetious in response to the comments Reans made.

Think that just about sums it up.
Winston!!!! Haha!!! Genuinely funny.
Let's all just chill out a bit. Moutinho is staying, we will get 3 or 4 new players too.
It's like the transfer window is an extended match! Sometimes it looks good and the crowd are united, then it gets difficult and some start moaning vocally whilst others try to keep singing, then people argue if it gets boring. It's half time and we are 1 down, but there's still plenty of time and we've got Mendes helping out.
Wolves ay we! Wherever we're watching we are all emotionally engaged.

The Wolf Of Wombourne

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
well, funny you should say that,…. about 3 months ago in jest I said to my Canadian wife….
” what say we buy or rent a house in Wolverhampton and live there for about a year?” She nearly floored me when she said “yes…..let’s do something new”…….wow.
I didn’t think she’d be interested and was thinking of doing a long weekend every month or so on my own.

I want to go when Wolves are playing well and maybe on a good cup run. I don’t need to go to many of the games, as have no ST…….doesn’t matter, the atmosphere is very important too.
Molineux is my Mecca……has been since ‘67. …never faltered.
This is no bs. Spent many hours on YouTube and Google Earth and looked all over Wolverhampton, especially the bus rides.
Checked out the real estate in the area, especially the one that backs up on to Compton training ground.Big big house but horrible wallpaper and those big radiators.
I could rent my house here out but if I buy over there, then I could be stuck with it when we comeback.

However, we’re now thinking of Dublin as a base and jump around.
Flights from Dublin to brum are dirt cheap tbf and there are worse places to live!

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Actually I disagree. Paying attendees including ST holders and others who attend, should have more say than non-attending Wolves fans, in my opinion. It's just the way it is unfortunately. Those people are paying customers. It doesn't mean I think they are bigger Wolves fans than someone who doesn't attend, or that they love them more. And I do get the fact that if you pay WolvesTV then you to are a paying customer too.

My point being that Vancouver may well love the Wolves, but he happily dishes out opinions on others routinely, and routinely belittles/patronises them too, perhaps without having paid out for an expensive ST, that may well affect how you perceive things.
sneetches-1.jpg

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True or not,but I love the snippet that ar Ruben could be staying.I might get some kip tonight now. ;)

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry but going into next season with the same midfield fills me with dread for next season. We had to get a different dynamic in there. Moutinho will want to play every game as its the run in to his last tournament.
Thank god I’m not the only one. For all his former glory and experience I just can’t celebrate another year watching the opposition walk around moutinho. His experience is valuable but if we are going into this season expecting him to be a regular starter we are in deep ****.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won’t be a regular starter but can come of the bench and steady the team with 20 minutes left

dnf14

Reaction score
I can't link ATM but the sun has just reported neves is going to stay

Can now

Man Utd, Arsenal and Barcelona transfer blow as Wolves ‘win battle’ to keep £75m star Ruben Neves...
10 mins ago

Not trying to dampen anyone's spirits but I'd doubt the validity of a report that says Barca are keen on snapping up Saiss after he's already been officially signed by Besiktas.

SEKOTN

Reaction score
Who says he/she doesn't spend a penny? Pretty sure the club shop ships overseas. And so what if he/she doesn't? Its nobody's right to tell someone what they can and can't worry about and try and belittle them as fans. We should be proud that we have fans all over the world not try and make them feel inferior for absolutely no reason.
Well said mate. I was in the military (Army) from ‘87 until ‘96 and my life since has meant I have lived all over…. Following the work and then family…. I went to my first Wolves match at the age of seven and was on the south bank throughout my teens… but now I find myself far away… doesn’t make me any less of a fan… will always try and find a way to get to Molineux when I am back in UK, once bought two corporate tickets to take my brother (after a messy divorce to try and help cheer him up) for a **** load of cash - not worth it by the way - at least not back then, could have changed……. But my point is that if a fan has been a fan for a week or ten years - or a lot longer - does it really matter how often they get to a game? You think we who can’t be there every week for whatever reason wouldn’t love to be able to? I think everyone would benefit from going a bit easy on the judgment….

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
R

reanswolf

I've got up many times at 3 or 4 am to watch games, which isnt that easy!I'd say i still invest a lot of my time into watching Wolves, its just in a different way. I've spend plenty of money with the club, its just not on matchday tickets. I dont think the premise is any different from people who are season ticket holders and i'm speaking as somebody who didnt miss a game pretty much home and away for about 20 years in the 80's and 90's. My views now are still the same as they would have been back then.
I know you have mate, but you don't patronisingly go round belittling posters all the time telling them they are wrong, from the other side of the world and never attending. I have never for one moment doubted your love for Wolves.

But its still fact that the views of match-attending, season-ticket holders and the views of other match attending fans will be of primary importance, its not even controversial, its just fact. Many of those fans travel a long way to attend as well, incurring considerable additional expenditure and if anything I would say morally their views should count most of all. We all also buy stuff from the club shop on top, or the vast majority of us do. Everyone is of course perfectly entitled to their opinion of matters all-related to Wolves, but again, the views of fans of match-attendees should be paramount. That's not saying we are better fans, its just about being direct, current customers/supporters. Its not rocket science and its not really even debatable, controversial or sensitive. That is why they get first options on cup tickets for instance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Time to put Jos on ignore, happens about the same time every window

See you when the window closes buddy :)
he isnt wrong though and the last god knows how many windows have proved this and the way things have gone so far..feels eerily similar

PolishWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
I have a ST and think those Wolves fans who live abroad/cannot attend/attend occasionally have the same 'level of right' as us ST holders.
Read this as striker at first. Imagine my dismay when you weren't linking someone.

But I agree. Being able to spend disposable (or not really disposable in some cases) income on support for wolves is a privilege, and admirable in itself. But let's not pretend like we aren't all aware life, money, and circumstances can get in the way of fans that are just as passionate.

Ultimately there's a balance. The brand matters, no doubt, but also we're here for the football and want to play well. No fans opinions should really matter more, all one pack and that jazz.

Alas I digress, can we sign a wonderkid yet?

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So apparently Moutinho has signed a new deal - and we seem to be in a situation where that is the greatest news of the window!

Dont get me wrong, we all love Joao but the fact it almost seems like an achievement we've got an existing player to commit to another year or two is quite telling!

Back
Top Bottom