Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
looks like neves has been completely priced out of a deal, barcelona moved to different targets, united number 1 being de jong, then antony and martinez which will cost them about 200m

Fresh hope of Wolves keeping hold of the 25-year-old due to prospective suitors feeling as though they are being priced out of a deal.

When asked by The United Stand about Manchester United’s midfield targets this summer, Romano immediately mentioned Neves, saying: “A name I keep hearing around Manchester United is Ruben Neves. He is a player always around Man Utd, since last summer. But the answer I’m always receiving is that it depends on the fee.

“When Wolves discuss €100m for Neves, it is something that United will not do. They want to find smart solutions. For Frenkie [de Jong] it is different”
As much as we will be delighted in Neves stays, I do wonder if Neves will be somewhat deflated that a (deserved) move to a bigger club, with genuine medal and European football prospects, has been scuppered by our valuation. The thought of another season trudging through treacle with our system of play may not be as motivating for him as it us for us.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
on vitinha -

Since June 17, Paris Saint-Germain has guaranteed the contest for Vitinha, however the transfer has not yet been made official.

BOLA soon anticipated that PSG would not trigger the termination clause, but rather negotiate the terms of payment of the amount demanded by the blues and whites (40 million euros).

Le Parisien newspaper now reveals that the amount will be paid in installments (€25 M already, €5 M on July 23, 2023 and €10 M after 20 games), despite FC Porto insisting on receiving the

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Seferovic I am glad we havent signed him. From what I have seen of him he is really slow and not the sort of striker we need. We need a tall striker but one with pace as well, ideally. There you go. Proof to those on here that think I would like us to sign anyone that certainly isnt the case!

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Seferovic I am glad we havent signed him. From what I have seen of him he is really slow and not the sort of striker we need. We need a tall striker but one with pace as well, ideally. There you go. Proof to those on here that think I would like us to sign anyone that certainly isnt the case!
Perfect Dyche signing. Oh wait no Bruno wants him.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Along with Nunes, Botman, Paulinha, Enzo none of them have been signed by anyone yet.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won it with the most points and most goals scored in half a century. The level of disrespect on here for him as a manager is ridiculous.
He managed them for 19 games that season. And yeah he deserves credit for those 19 games but it feels a little like saying Roberto Di Matteo deserves more respect for winning the champions league.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If the is a striker who's fast, tall, strong and score goals... They tend to be the best in the world. We ain't getting one. Getting sombody who's limited but has clear strengths might be the way to go. Have a target man that can score goals and wants to play against the defenders instead of dropping deep like Raul. Could create a partnership then.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is the Fulham forum in meltdown about their faffing?

Edit: this is the opening of their current transfer window thread:

All summer transfer rumours in here please, bearing in mind, that this is the ‘Silly Season Transfer Thread’, so all information and sources are welcome.

Last thread was deleted, due to it becoming uncontrollably off topic, with petty arguments breaking out over certain players.

Moving forward, all off topic replies will be removed, unless they are transfer related.
Sounds very familiar lol..... Are @Mutchy or @bod101 moonlighting???

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Along with Nunes, Botman, Paulinha, Enzo none of them have been signed by anyone yet.
Botman has been spotted at Newcastle’s ground and it’s a done deal. Enzo is going to Benfica 100% too, deal done. Not only did Benfica put out a statement, Enzo was also interviewed after a River Plate game recently saying he’s signed for Benfica but will only join up with them after the Libertadores.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won 18 of those 19 matches. That’s an achievement alone.
Yeah absolutely. An impressive achievement
But not something you can dine out on your whole career, particularly when you get the sack before the end of the year.
I have real misgivings about how the end of last season went, particularly as it all seemed so predictable.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Benfica have only won the league 3 times this century ...they are hardly guaranteed to win it with any manager..

I still think the money is there to sign Nunes and probably a centre back on loan... partially covered by 1 out...Gibbs or adama ..

Think the back up plan for midfield was always a loan for Nico Gonzalez, if Nunes is reluctant to come ..then maybe purchase a centre back...

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score
looks like neves has been completely priced out of a deal, barcelona moved to different targets, united number 1 being de jong, then antony and martinez which will cost them about 200m

Fresh hope of Wolves keeping hold of the 25-year-old due to prospective suitors feeling as though they are being priced out of a deal.

When asked by The United Stand about Manchester United’s midfield targets this summer, Romano immediately mentioned Neves, saying: “A name I keep hearing around Manchester United is Ruben Neves. He is a player always around Man Utd, since last summer. But the answer I’m always receiving is that it depends on the fee.

“When Wolves discuss €100m for Neves, it is something that United will not do. They want to find smart solutions. For Frenkie [de Jong] it is different”
€100m is an insane valuation and there's no team that will come close to paying that. I'm fine with holding onto him, but in that case there needs to be movement on a new contract and some sort of indication of a backup plan to generate funds. So far there's neither.

Understood it's very early in the window, but we can't keep pushing off our rebuild just because we're unable to get teams to meet our very high valuations. There's only a handful of teams that will pay even half that amount for Neves - it's midfield musical chairs and if we don't lower our demands we're going to be left out again.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But you are forgetting the season starts one month earlier this season.

There are also 5 substitutes allowed this campaign and we don’t have the strength in depth to really benefit from it or if we ply the bigger boys the chance to unload off the bench the quality to cover with fresh legs without too big a drop off in quality.

But people do talk like that in the pub…. People after a few drinks get even more passionate and talk about their points even more.

There are very very valid reasons for people to be angry/upset with fosun and as it is a forum they are perfectly entitled to share their opinion.

Also it is July in only a handful of days! Transfers can be agreed in advance of this, to use the date as an excuse is fairly weak…. Pre-season started yesterday and now every day the player isn’t agreed or a negotiation isn’t completed is a day less at the club and settling into what bruno wants to do
The season starts a week earlier, not one month.

Five subs is fair, however I don’t foresee us now having a 25 man squad full of ready to go pros on the back of it.

I have no issue with anyone sharing how they feel. I have an issue with the same thing being said repeatedly which even WAW2 agreed with. If someone was like that in the pub they’d be told to shut up for being boring, not because of their viewpoint.

There’s a distinct difference between the two.

With it being a forum I’m well within my rights to voice my feelings too.

July isn’t a weak excuse. Villa aside who has made many signings? It’s a weak excuse in the eyes of fans looking for any reason to criticise. Nunes has said he’s on holiday so won’t be deciding til he’s back!!!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The season starts a week earlier, not one month.

Five subs is fair, however I don’t foresee us now having a 25 man squad full of ready to go pros on the back of it.

I have no issue with anyone sharing how they feel. I have an issue with the same thing being said repeatedly which even WAW2 agreed with. If someone was like that in the pub they’d be told to shut up for being boring, not because of their viewpoint.

There’s a distinct difference between the two.

With it being a forum I’m well within my rights to voice my feelings too.

July isn’t a weak excuse. Villa aside who has made many signings? It’s a weak excuse in the eyes of fans looking for any reason to criticise. Nunes has said he’s on holiday so won’t be deciding til he’s back!!!

To be fair you've said similar about waiting till the end of the window for multiple windows now, I admire that you're still glass half full but I think it's more than validated to reciprocate the worries towards lack of spending (net spend) over multiple years now. It would be far more surprising for us to actually spend than for us not to spend.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair you've said similar about waiting till the end of the window for multiple windows now, I admire that you're still glass half full but I think it's more than validated to reciprocate the worries towards lack of spending (net spend) over multiple years now. It would be far more surprising for us to actually spend than for us not to spend.
Yep I have and I’ll continue to do so. I’m more worried now though than I ever have been.

To repeat I’ve no issue with posters being negative, it’s the constant repetition of the same message everywhere!!!

StourWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Obviously holding onto Neves (if we do) is great and a boost for this season. However, if he doesn't sign a contract our most expensive asset is down to one year on his contract left at the end of the season and could probably demand say 30mil? Not much to structure a rebuild on next season either.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me it looks obvious Palhinha was originally all set for us and for whatever reason we arent signing him.

Whenever it's been mentioned by respectable journalists that we were after him, I thought it was always that we'd sign him as a Neves replacement?

So if we're not signing him, then perhaps Neves isn't leaving?

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously holding onto Neves (if we do) is great and a boost for this season. However, if he doesn't sign a contract our most expensive asset is down to one year on his contract left at the end of the season and could probably demand say 30mil? Not much to structure a rebuild on next season either.

Totally agree. Neves needs to re-sign for another few years (perhaps have a buy out clause) otherwise its a one season extension by default and the risk of him walking away cheaply at the end of it.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whenever it's been mentioned by respectable journalists that we were after him, I thought it was always that we'd sign him as a Neves replacement?

I think this is ultimately what's happened.

I don't think any of the realistic options are going to be in for Neves this summer.

So our funds will come from selling Gibbs-White and Traore to Forest and Leeds. Probably accumulating 35-40m.

Personally wouldn't sell either but apparently we're skint so...

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both times by a solitary point as well over one of the 'Big 3'
I know we are quite unique as a country in terms of the diversity of title winners over the years(well....pre 1992 we were anyway). Even post sky we almost have twice as many winners as there has been in portugal!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know we are quite unique as a country in terms of the diversity of title winners over the years(well....pre 1992 we were anyway). Even post sky we almost have twice as many winners as there has been in portugal!

Yep.

Spain is almost as lopsided over the last 50-60 years or so.

Bilbao, Valencia and Atletico have a couple each, Deportivo have a solitary one around 2000 and the rest is all the obvious two.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Roma will not pay the fee valencia want for guedes, gibbs white out, guedes in???
Like we will pay that fee ha, who knows lets see the mendes merry go round through july.

everything points to neves staying atm

NJWolves69

Groupie
Reaction score

I thought he would be a Neves replacement also, but if Fulham is looking to sign him for €18M I don't see why Palhinha has to happen only if Neves leaves. Seems like a deal we could reasonably do. Nunes is a different story (although that feels unlikely).

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
So the one thing we've learned over the years is that Fosun hate any leaks on the deals they do before they are done and dusted. Then they control the announcement as much as they possibly can.

Also any deals already "done" internationally to date can't be formally ratified until 1st July even if other teams have announced them as done!

There is a distinct possibility we already have deals almost in the bag except for the International deadline/contracts end by date, and are waiting until the right hour to tell the world.

Oh and we still have a second and third change strip to release!

Back
Top Bottom