Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this signing has taught us anything is that the express and star no nothing. The words used were “ there is no way this deal was happening unless neves is sold”

He’s staying and has a new colossus beside him in the middle of the park. I hope him and Guedes start Saturday

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just emerged from a long day of traveling to enjoy all the news. Truly truly amazing. Was only lamenting with @Bawtry Wolf before the Fulham game that if only we would take the approach of adding Nunes to what we already have on top of Guedes etc. We likened it to when we sold Keane and bought Akinbiyi, and what would have happened if we’d had the gumption to keep Keane AND buy Akinbiyi.

R

reanswolf

I think this transfer window has been an education to all of us, in that we have to wait for targets as they want the big clubs and European football.

I personally have learnt a lot from this window, tho of course I don’t expect any window like this again. It’s not economically viable for the club.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this transfer window has been an education to all of us, in that we have to wait for targets as they want the big clubs and European football.

I personally have learnt a lot from this window, tho of course I don’t expect any window like this again. It’s not economically viable for the club.

Just need to improve when to sell and how much for

T

TheConcourse

Another game without a striker then. Surely sorted for Newcastle home.

Our 38 game season has quickly become a 34 game season

Transfer window should close before the season starts
I know it’s frustrating, but the calibre of player we’re looking at isn’t available immediately. We’re out of control to a large degree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting. I think they look pretty strong again this year.

Mendy
Fofana(?), Silva, Koulibaly
James, Kante, Jorginho, Cucurella/Chilwell
Mount/Pulisic, Sterling
Havertz

If we’re within 12-15 points of them, we’ll have had a really good season.

I think they look strong but i get bad vibes about their owner, he seems like he will be sticking his nose in where its not wanted. United i think wont be top 6 unless they do some amazing business. That club is rotten from the top down imo.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This would be a very unFosun signing. And if people are thinking for the short term we'd need to factor in his inevitable lack of match fitness: he's not had a club for weeks. Would likely be ready around the time Raul returns.

I say it a lot, but i dont get the love in with him these days. He isnt the player of 3 years ago.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

An education to some on here, but certainly not all of us

Plenty have said wait until Sept 1st to judge. Even the club said targets would likely not come available until late in the window

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I think they look strong but i get bad vibes about their owner, he seems like he will be sticking his nose in where its not wanted. United i think wont be top 6 unless they do some amazing business. That club is rotten from the top down imo.
Agree, on paper they should be challenging city and liverpool. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it all goes tits up for them. Especially with their petulant manager and clueless new owner.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Simple fix for this is that we qualify for
European football. Much easier to get the players then ;)

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d go for the league cup now see Nunes and Neves holding it up when we win it for the first time since 1980 we have to try and win silverware!!
Me I am greedy I have witnessed two league cup wins three would be nice but the F.A. Cup I was too young to remember and the league wasn’t born so I want the lot before I snuff it
Thank you Fosun

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Plenty have said wait until Sept 1st to judge. Even the club said targets would likely not come available until late in the window

I dont think there is anything wrong with people being ****ed off, or worried about the direction we were going in but you cant judge a transfer window until its closed.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Very important point there.

The new yet more restrictive UEFA rules effectively mean this level of transfer activity is effectively a one-off. Fosun are going for it
full whack while they have the opening still to do so.

That makes the current situation incredibly exciting, and the prospect of this season one almost without limits. In general you cant just buy a successful team and integration of players is a difficult and drawn out process. The difference here is the Portuguese connection, esp. running up to the World Cup. We will probably have eight Portuguese starters in the team, and I believe the aim is to emphasise that connection.

At the same time, Wolves have also stocked up with a large number of excellent young players. Being able to sell one or two of them in subsequent seasons is Fosun's plan B, (as Leicester currently demonstrate and Southampton before them, however, this strategy can be
be easily capsized.)

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Simple fix for this is that we qualify for
European football. Much easier to get the players then ;)
I agree with that like a snowball rolling down the hill getting bigger and bigger . Better players attract more or the same with better results trophies Europe household name across the globe
Am I getting too excited
Come on you Wolves
Good old Fosun let’s start winning

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The fullback we're looking at, any chance it could be Dalot?

I've rated him at times, he's certainly a threat going forward, hard to judge Defensively as United have been a cluster at the back since Ferdinand and Vidic ****ed off.

Think he'd suit our system.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've rated him at times, he's certainly a threat going forward, hard to judge Defensively as United have been a cluster at the back since Ferdinand and Vidic ****ed off.

I hope so rate him highly, young still and with Semedo & Jonny both 29 this year I could see us trying to lower the ages of our fullbacks. Dalot like RAN would suit Lage's system very well.

Think his contract might end next season unless he signed a new one that I am unaware of?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me I am greedy I have witnessed two league cup wins three would be nice but the F.A. Cup I was too young to remember and the league wasn’t born so I want the lot before I snuff it
Thank you Fosun
Sound a similar age to me. Highly, highly unlikely but wouldn't it be fabulous to see us win all 4 divisions in one lifetime.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Can't remember where I saw it but apparently Alejandro Grimaldi is the one. 26 year old Spanish left back at Benfica.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jim Ratcliffe. Lovely bloke, just ask the staff up at Grangemouth.
Tell me more. I live pretty close and have mates who work there….

I think timing is everything, and the European qualifiers this week play a large part. I do agree with your last point for sure.

Fair play.
I think the higher we aim the smaller the pool of players, and therefore the harder it gets. Those who aren’t naturally patient (not a dig) would naturally be more concerned far quicker the higher up we go.
Oh for the halcyon days of league 1 ;)
Just need to improve when to sell and how much for
Interesting one. I felt the Jota price at the time
was just about ok. Hoever in return seems to have taken the gloss off it somewhat, but he does get injured fairly regularly.
I assume you mean Traore? Difficult one to get right, as if we’d have sold him at his height, this place would have combusted.

Absolutely. I think in fairness Lage needs to watch what he says in future as he did say he wanted players in before pre season and that’s just not happening. No club has finished its business - just the way the transfer merry-go-round works.
It absolutely was implied. Something has clearly changed and i think its changed at a level above Jeff Shi and Scott Sellars.
But not because posters on here forced it. That’s laughable.

I really like him. A younger, taller Jonny.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep. I’m assuming/hoping that the delay is because we are getting someone genuinely good in. But it’s frustrating and poor that our first 3 games will be thrown away (potentially). The gamble of sticking with Raul was a bust about 10 mins into the next game.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm as happy as anyone but I don't buy the "Money was always there for the right player".

Why then did we go through last season with 3 CM and a defence unable to play Lages preferred formation?

Reason many people were worried this window is that the last many windows have been quite poor. Lage wasn't backed last summer and this summer for a long time seemed much the same.

Obviously things have changed now and we're all grateful for that. But let's not pretend the worries many had was without reason.

Having said all that- I absolutely love being proven completely wrong in my expectations for this summer. Well done to Fosun and the recruitment team.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely delighted and relieved to see us finally loosen the purse strings but can we stop the absolute smugness from certain posters?

We have been told to be patient etc for the last several years yet this is the first transfer window in four years that we’ve addressed our need for a new midfielder. The last two seasons have been drab and uninspiring with many of our signings going straight to our feeder club. This is the first time since we signed Cutrone in 2019 that I remember us spending big money on first team ready players (I know it didn’t work out with him but that was the intention).

Our criticism and worries were completely justified.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm as happy as anyone but I don't buy the "Money was always there for the right player".

Why then did we go through last season with 3 CM and a defence unable to play Lages preferred formation?

Reason many people were worried this window is that the last many windows have been quite poor. Lage wasn't backed last summer and this summer for a long time seemed much the same.

Obviously things have changed now and we're all grateful for that. But let's not pretend the worries many had was without reason.

Having said all that- I absolutely love being proven completely wrong in my expectations for this summer. Well done to Fosun and the recruitment team.
Agree with every word. Things have clearly changed - and not because of the dissenting voices! I've no doubt the reasons are geopolitical, but that comes with having owners with diverse business interests and operating such a complex adaptive model. Regardless, well done for getting the deals boxed off - just a striker now and we are back in business.

The team has needed refreshing for some time - we've been fortunate to ride out a changing of the guard for as long as we have and without ever looking like relegation candidates, and time will tell if we acted quickly enough, but you can't argue with the business we've done this summer on paper.

Back
Top Bottom