Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just more clarity regarding transfers mate, not asking to know who's coming in or how much we've got to spend. Frustration from fans this off-season (and past two years) came from the sell-to-buy rhetoric and the constant rumours of players turning us down over the last two transfer windows, with very little in the way of a clear explanation as to why, hence why Jeff and Scott have been getting a lot of flack.
No Fosun employee has ever said "sell to buy". They said self sustainability and there is money for the right deal. Sell to buy was fans interpretation - and it was simplistic and wrong.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Seems a good player he's young enough and was pretty highly rated at one point that it could just be him maturing into senior football now ... or could be a fluke I'm not sure.
Even if it is a fluke and he flops , for £10M you'd easily get more than half back to a promotion seeking Championship side.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given how most of our actual business is done so discreetly. Does anyone think Jorge Mendes may sometimes leak some false information to try and give us a competitive advantage?

For example, he might be sounding out those clubs and telling them that Neto could potentially be available later in the window for £x.

They spend the last few weeks of the window ‘negotiating’ for a player we have no intention of selling, while Jorge and Jeff sit back laughing!

Those clubs then back off other targets and potentially targets we are in competition with them for.

Then we don’t sell and it’s too late for them to secure other targets.

Surely that sort of thing happens all the time?!?
Not sure he needs to, so much *******s out there anyway!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Out of contract next yearI believe Blackburn might just take it so they don't get nothing for him.

Seems a good player he's young enough and was pretty highly rated at one point that it could just be him maturing into senior football now ... or could be a fluke I'm not sure.
Knows where the net is. I’d just pay the 10/15m Blackburn want at least you’re getting a decent striker

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Signing Brereton Diaz would be like signing an inferior midfielder to Nunes last week. No point getting somebody like that when we have better lined up, even if it takes a week or so.
Brereton Diaz could go quite far in all fairness. Certainly is a talent.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's madness
Starting to think he may have got lucky, fair enough his original tweet seems unbelievably spot on to say we’d do a deal for Nunes on the 15th if no one else had come in for him… but he claims he got that info from “someone very close to the transfer/scouting sod”. How would this contact whose close to wolves transfer/scouting know about this if it was all Guo and Mendes, with no committee involvement at all.

Seems a little off to me, idk…

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Starting to think he may have got lucky, fair enough his original tweet seems unbelievably spot on to say we’d do a deal for Nunes on the 15th if no one else had come in for him… but he claims he got that info from “someone very close to the transfer/scouting sod”. How would this contact whose close to wolves transfer/scouting know about this if it was all Guo and Mendes, with no committee involvement at all.

Agreed no business runs like that

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was clearly implied, if that's what you want to believe then fine, but no need to be condescending.
Not intended to be condescending Skrilla. The problem is if something is repeated enough times it becomes gospel and I just wanted a more accurate reflection of what has been said by the club.

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I think he's maybe saying they made the deal with Sporting, not that the rest of the team were not involved at all. There would still be a heck of a lot of background work on a deal that size I'd imagine

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he's maybe saying they made the deal with Sporting, not that the rest of the team were not involved at all. There would still be a heck of a lot of background work on a deal that size I'd imagine
Potentially, yeah… the way I read it originally, just seemed that way to me.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After only two games, our average age of squad is at 24.7, 3rd youngest in the league, behind Arsenal and Southampton. I think in a year when the likes of Kilman, Collins, RAN, Nunes, Neto, MGW, Silva have another year's experience under the belt, we can seriously consider pushing for the top six. As you say, I'd just be happy with top half this season. New formation, 3-4 new players in that starting eleven, it's a big transitional year.

The short term concern is still with a lack of goals. A striker is clearly the main priority now, but we'll have to see what calibre of striker we can get in. As much faith as I have in Jimenez, it's a big ask to expect him to be the same player he was 2-3 years ago. Guedes will add goals, but we absolutely need a focal point.
Right now, I think we'll really struggle this side of Christmas. When the new signings have had time to bed in properly I think we'll start to really kick on but I until then I see a lot of flattering to deceive performances with results to go with them.
Ultimately I think that of the front 4 that started on Saturday only Neto is good enough for where want to be. Podence, Hwang, MGW aren't any great shakes at this level. Add to that a talented yet inexperienced back line and it could take a while for us to get going.

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I agree.

I felt something was off today when he posted that tweet asking people to subscribe and follow him for more info on transfers. Seems like the typical Twitter itk wannabes, rather than just someone who randomly got a scrap of info.

D

Deleted member (smith)

This sounds like total made up nonsense. If it were true who would know it or disclose it…Anybody vouch for the integrity of this tweeter or should he just be ignored. By the way the deal was agreed sometime ago with the clubs ( before Fosun visits) and both Bruno and Jorge were reported to have been heavily involved in persuading Nunes . The idea that senior management don’t know the budget is the sort of fantasy that someone who has never worked for a large multinational conglomerate may come up with. I have seen no evidence for this.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His tweet on the nunes deal was accurate but why would guo do anything other than sign off the deal? He is way too busy to **** about signing players
Chinese business men do like to bring presents in fairness.. seems a bit OTT this one.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure this guy only had 15 followers a couple of days ago and now he's up to 1500 desperados who think he's the oracle

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is absolutely nonsense that Jeff isn't aware of the budget, I can tell you that for a fact. Jeff is the one who creates the budgeting forecasts for the year and feeds them up the ladder to Fosun.
The thing I'm wondering is why Jeff says we'll struggle to spend only a few months ago and then boom, we've laid out 90m

Is he unaware that we were going to spend it or playing the game with potential selling clubs?

Coops

Reaction score
The thing I'm wondering is why Jeff says we'll struggle to spend only a few months ago and then boom, we've laid out 90m

Is he unaware that we were going to spend it or playing the game with potential selling clubs?
Money is there for the right players - if they make us better and give us return on investment then we can spend.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazes me with the Nunes and Ramos deals about to be sanctioned people still at each other’s throats
It’s great to read! Basically the posters who admirably didn’t panic or get angry at the lack of signings/no forward are unhappy that the “pant wetters” are as happy as them about the new signings and don’t think that they deserve to be.

Back
Top Bottom