Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe if he was hooked we could've actually won.

Whoscored gave him a 5.67 rating which is outrageously bad.

He had 1 shot, the one when Neto passed it to him instead of just shooting.

1 chance created.

Completed 50% of his passes

Completed 0 dribbles but got tackled 4 times.

Only defensive action was a foul and booking after giving the ball away.

Attempted 1 cross.
Tbh I usually like Pod, apart from his diving, but he was woeful today.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are playing 4231 with MGW/ Podence behind the striker
We are, but we played 4-3-3 all pre-season and I suggest we only shifted formation to try to cover for the loss of Raul for several weeks. We have needed 3 in a stronger midfield for a very long time; this would allow ipus to defend higher up the pitch.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are, but we played 4-3-3 all pre-season and I suggest we only shifted formation to try to cover for the loss of Raul for several weeks. We have needed 3 in a stronger midfield for a very long time; this would allow ipus to defend higher up the pitch.
Only have 2 senior midfielders

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having seen Jonny yesterday I’m concerned our plan of having three fullbacks with Jonny covering both sides is flawed. Yesterday he looked a shadow of the player he was before his injury. This combined with RAN still being work in progress and Semedo injury prone leaves us very exposed. On the bright side Semedo looked very good in his brief appearance yesterday.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having seen Jonny yesterday I’m concerned our plan of having three fullbacks with Jonny covering both sides is flawed. Yesterday he looked a shadow of the player he was before his injury. This combined with RAN still being work in progress and Semedo injury prone leaves us very exposed. On the bright side Semedo looked very good in his brief appearance yesterday.
Yeah Jonny has concerned me too I must say. He’s playing like a 36 year old who’s clinging on to their career. Given his recent injuries it’s understandable however we’ll look a lot better with Semedo in

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah Jonny has concerned me too I must say. He’s playing like a 36 year old who’s clinging on to their career. Given his recent injuries it’s understandable however we’ll look a lot better with Semedo in
Agreed. Semedo'z injury coincided with our recent awful form.

#strawclinging

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with Jonny, hugely concerning. He's not really getting close to players, they're not skinning him in an embarrassing way, just shifting it and getting the space we need. Lost that explosiveness which is maybe understandable.

The Sun saying Charlie Taylor can leave Burnley this summer. Not the most fashionable player but pretty steady performer.

Could have him as LB with RAN and hope that Semedo stays fit on the right!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. Semedo'z injury coincided with our recent awful form.

#strawclinging
No I agree. We did drop off after his injury. He’s a quality player and with that extra attacker on the field I’m sure he’ll provide a good link between the forward line and the rest.

lone_wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
So this is the guy that the MolineuxInsider posts were about at the end of July, we needed Werener to sign for Leipzig in order for them to loan us Silva
Played 20 odd mins yest in Leipzigs 2-2 draw. Not sure if that means he’s still part of their plans or not. This end of the window feels tense.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, but I also worry about Semedo’s hamstrings. I think I would add a full back to the shopping list. And if we got one in, I might even be tempted to play RAN on the left of a midfield 3

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
There are 17 days left in this transfer window, 3 matches - Spurs, The Toon and Bournemouth.

The window closes on at 11pm on Sept 01st.

I have everything crossed that Guo and Jorge are going to shift Heaven the earth to bring in the two players we so desperately need.

Tbh Seeing those pair at the game yesterday fills me with a lot more optimism and confidence than Jeff and Scott. I feel like we’re big league with those guys, Scott and Jeff aren’t the same.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are 17 days left in this transfer window, 3 matches - Spurs, The Toon and Bournemouth.

The window closes on at 11pm on Sept 01st.

I have everything crossed that Guo and Jorge are going to shift Heaven the earth to bring in the two players we so desperately need.

Tbh Seeing those pair at the game yesterday fills me with a lot more optimism and confidence than Jeff and Scott. I feel like we’re big league with those guys, Scott and Jeff aren’t the same.
Agreed. It feels different with them involved. As I pet (conspiratorially) saying, no sign of Scott in Wolves media for a good while

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played 20 odd mins yest in Leipzigs 2-2 draw. Not sure if that means he’s still part of their plans or not. This end of the window feels tense.

Feels like there is a chance there. Would have to make it worth Leipzigs while but I'm not sure he would have any obvious CL suitors. Feels like after Guedes there is always a chance we will eventually sign the mendes clients we are linked to every year.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think that MGW, Neto and Podence will be a real threat up front for us. Guedes coming in adds a further threat imo.

Fast, direct, tricky and when they start to click it should be good to watch.

We definitely need that 15+ goals striker though. Someone who will be a constant menace in the 18 yard box occupying opposition defenders and being on the end of chances created by the 4 I have mentioned. Raul could be the one but he needs back up. Hwang ain’t good enough.

Hwang and Neto had good chances yesterday from wide positions in the six yard box. No out and out striker near them to tuck away the loose ball.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

This move makes sense as it’s a different type of striker than to what we have.

Wonder if this were to happen is it a loan to buy rather than just a straight loan

Plus what would be the fee if they are rumoured to want 15mil euro then surely we should be able to stretch that over 4 year contract (3.75 mil non sterling on the books through amortisation)

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate some of your stats are wrong.

Guedes is 1.79m which is 5’10”
MGW is 1.78m which is also 5’10”

You of course missed out the strikers…

Raul is 1.9m which is 6’3”
Fabio is 1.85m which is 6’1”

So yes, we are missing a bit of height while Raul is out, Fab on loan and we haven’t signed a second senior striker.
This could cost us defensively. At present we only have Mighty Max and Collins dominant in the air, which is one reason why Donk is a key figure at present.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This could cost us defensively. At present we only have Mighty Max and Collins dominant in the air, which is one reason why Donk is a key figure at present.

Until we have a tall striker back in the team I agree. Raul makes a lot of defensive headers for opposition corners.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This move makes sense as it’s a different type of striker than to what we have.

Wonder if this were to happen is it a loan to buy rather than just a straight loan

Plus what would be the fee if they are rumoured to want 15mil euro then surely we should be able to stretch that over 4 year contract (3.75 mil non sterling on the books through amortisation)

It was reported last week we have a lower bid of around 10m to sign him turned down.

Last edited:

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Until we have a tall striker back in the team I agree. Raul makes a lot of defensive headers for opposition corners.
And the way Donk's started the season, it's his shirt to lose IMV when (hopefully) we sign another CM and Mouts is fit.

Any midfielder coming in also needs to have aerial ability IMV.

Back
Top Bottom