Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I quite like the Collins and Guedes signings but neither of them addresses any of our three key fallibilities:-

1) We don't have anyone to stop opposing teams charging through the centre of midfield. Neves and Donk have their qualities but aggressively halting attacks isn't something they can do.

2) We don't have anyone who can charge through the midfield with the ball. Again, running with the ball through the middle isn't something Neves or Donk can do convincingly at this level.

3) Quite clearly, we don't have the setup, ability within the team, confidence on the ball etc etc to play without a recognised centre forward. We need someone who is going to demand to be given the ball and who is going to take shots when given it.

If we sort two or three of those we will probably have a good season. If we do none or just one, it is going to be another grind.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They look like a forward line that have never played together which they haven’t.

I’m not a fan of Mgw but I struggle to think why Bruno ( even after saying it bluntly on a training video) plays him wide right.

They are all great ball carriers but lack the finesse in the final third whether it be a killer pass or shot. That’s why we look so clueless when we get in their box, the all get muddled up amongst each other and loose possession.

Big final 2 weeks in the tx market, think by the looks of it Big Guo is opening the purse for a a couple of worldies

Still hoping Nunes

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes didn’t hang around.
It seems he (Valair anyway) was back in Faro by 10pm

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just the same way it must be a weakness like you said…
You were joking ;)
In this league ( rather than La Liga ) with that talent (3 ballon d'or nominees) its a weakness. It really is.
Perhaps our sporting director needs a tape measure.
And we wonder why we only beat Burnley once.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know why people knock Rice so much. I guess it happens when players are hyoed up.

And they are different players and think they would work well together.

Not that i would want it in a million years, but if i was at manchester sky i would go all out for both
Probably the same people who took/take the **** out of Wilshere and called him a **** player because he had the audacity to have terrible injuries. The guy was an absolute class act and would have made a serious difference to England's tournaments if he'd been fully fit his whole career.

Agree re Rice and Neves working well together.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our forward line

Hwang 5ft 10
Traore 5ft 10
Guedes 5ft 9
MGW 5ft 8
Neto 5ft 8
Podence 5ft 5

Any ideas of a weakness ?

Mate some of your stats are wrong.

Guedes is 1.79m which is 5’10”
MGW is 1.78m which is also 5’10”

You of course missed out the strikers…

Raul is 1.9m which is 6’3”
Fabio is 1.85m which is 6’1”

So yes, we are missing a bit of height while Raul is out, Fab on loan and we haven’t signed a second senior striker.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate some of your stats are wrong.

Guedes is 1.79m which is 5’10”
MGW is 1.78m which is also 5’10”

You of course missed out the strikers…

Raul is 1.9m which is 6’3”
Fabio is 1.85m which is 6’1”

So yes, we are missing a bit of height while Raul is out, Fab on loan and we haven’t signed a second senior striker.
The point ( give or take an inch :) ) is that we have a very similar bunch of relatively small winger/strikers .
And we need at least one taller central striker.
For me Podence , Traore or MGW should be replaced by a different type of striker,

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The point ( give or take an inch :) ) is that we have a very similar bunch relatively small of winger/strikers .
And we need a taller central striker.

We do. Obviously for corners and free kicks, our CB’s come up, and that provides height, but in open play they are rarely there. Raul or Fab not being there leaves us lacking height for headed crosses, but that’s not really our typical type of play. Where we do have a major gap without them, beyond height, is in a striker/forward who can hold up play.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lisandro martinez 57 million central defender is 5'9. It's all about the leap in the air.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You were joking ;)
In this league ( rather than La Liga ) with that talent (3 ballon d'or nominees) its a weakness. It really is.
Perhaps our sporting director needs a tape measure.
And we wonder why we only beat Burnley once.
Salah 5’8
Mane 5’8
Jota 5’10
Firmino 5’11

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do. Obviously for corners and free kicks, our CB’s come up, and that provides height, but in open play they are rarely there. Raul or Fab not being there leaves us lacking height for headed crosses, but that’s not really our typical type of play. Where we do have a major gap without them, beyond height, is in a striker/forward who can hold up play.
Oh and score .
Jimenez not only assisted with his height by knocking down , chesting down but he scored 40 goals .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Salah 5’8
Mane 5’8
Jota 5’10
Firmino 5’11
Right lets get this straight. I am not saying height restricts talent. Its just physicality and height can cover an absence of talent.

But trying to compare Salah Mane Firminio , Messi and Neymar with Podence, MGW, Hwang is a bit stretched to prove height doesn't matter to us.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm worried about Bruno. I'm not saying we should sack him, but he does not seem to have charisma or authority. When Fulham were timewasting towards the end (basically decided to take a point after the penalty miss) - he kept calling over our players and showing them where to stand/play etc - but it literally had no impact whatsoever. If anything - they were more confused?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Right lets get this straight. I am not saying height restricts talent. Its just physicality and height can cover an absence of talent.

But trying to compare Salah Mane Firminio , Messi and Neymar with Podence, MGW, Hwang is a bit stretched to prove height doesn't matter to us.
I know I just like a debate

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching that 2nd Villa goal on MOTD. Simple as it gets. But that's exactly what we don't have. Someone in the midfield willing to get the ball and run with it through the middle/into the box. Make something happen. Now imagine what one of our CM's would do in that situation. Wait for the bodies to get back and end up passing it out wide most probably.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm worried about Bruno. I'm not saying we should sack him, but he does not seem to have charisma or authority. When Fulham were timewasting towards the end (basically decided to take a point after the penalty miss) - he kept calling over our players and showing them where to stand/play etc - but it literally had no impact whatsoever. If anything - they were more confused?
We actually got worse with his subs and gave up a PK.

Still think he needs to be backed properly by Shi and Sellars, but equally could understand if they didn't, especially after watching the dross on display today.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We already have players who can score from outside the box, if, as in that goal, they are given time to line up the goal, and there's no defender within 10 yards! Problem is, you don't get anywhere near that space and time in this league, not even from the bottom 3 clubs. Though after todays open goal shockers, maybe we couldn't score against a traffic cone defence like that?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m actually getting quite worried. We really, really need a top centre forward. Someone to hold up the ball, be physical, win headers, be a focal point and score some bloody goals.

We also need someone to really add some dynamism to midfield. Get stuck in, carry the ball up the pitch.

I think the end of this window is the difference between a top 10 finish it going down.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watching that 2nd Villa goal on MOTD. Simple as it gets. But that's exactly what we don't have. Someone in the midfield willing to get the ball and run with it through the middle/into the box. Make something happen. Now imagine what one of our CM's would do in that situation. Wait for the bodies to get back and end up passing it out wide most probably.

We do have 4 attackers plus wing backs ahead of our 2 Dam's. It should be enough..

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought our midfield two of Donk and Neves did well, but Podence was a complete passenger, didn't do what he needed defensively and kept losing the ball in the middle of the pitch. I'm hoping Geudes starts there soon.

We do need a CM though!
Which is why he was the first to be subbed.......................oh hang on a moment. :rolleyes:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which is why he was the first to be subbed.......................oh hang on a moment. :rolleyes:

Maybe if he was hooked we could've actually won.

Whoscored gave him a 5.67 rating which is outrageously bad.

He had 1 shot, the one when Neto passed it to him instead of just shooting.

1 chance created.

Completed 50% of his passes

Completed 0 dribbles but got tackled 4 times.

Only defensive action was a foul and booking after giving the ball away.

Attempted 1 cross.

Back
Top Bottom