Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nunes wants a top club and we don’t have the money for that kind of transfer unless Neves leaves us. Are Man Utd close to the €73m??

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me that has got a feeling that we will get Ramos and Nunes?

Sounds bonkers accepted,but I'm starting to believe!
I think it will be either or. Not that they play the same positions, but say if Nunes goes to Man City, we go for Ramos and settle for Traore from Metz, or vice versa. I do find it hard to believe we'd spend best part of £60m on both of them without any outgoings, although loan with obligation could be a possibility with Benfica, who probably don't need the cash straight up after the Nunez deal.

I think there is definitely more of a cushion there with FFP given our minimal net spend in 2020/21 and 2021/22, if Fosun wanted to loosen the purse strings even more this summer and make a serious push for the top six this year.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was 3 South Americans. Osario, Renan and Alacaraz. And it was apparently the plan to sign them, as I said at the time, without the names. Since then... nothing other than murmurs of complicated agent structures holding things up.

Probably waiting to see if sombody else comes in. Deals still active or might be brought back to life as the window goes on?

Only really Alcaraz would make an impact this season imagine

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it just me that has got a feeling that we will get Ramos and Nunes?

Sounds bonkers accepted,but I'm starting to believe!
On Liam Keens YouTube video after the presser he said bat and hwang were out main strike targets yet there are rumours they are both off to different clubs this summer. I genuinely believe they are holding out for nunes, Ramos and the two other squad fillers

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On Liam Keens YouTube video after the presser he said bat and hwang were out main strike targets yet there are rumours they are both off to different clubs this summer. I genuinely believe they are holding out for nunes, Ramos and the two other squad fillers
I think if they were our main targets we'd have got at least one of them by now. It's not exactly unusual for the local press to be in the dark.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where has the money come from all of a sudden?

Everyone is always quick to ask where its gone, but we have spent £20m on Collins and now £27m on Guedes - £47m in total.

But today Bruno has said he wants "3 or 4 more top players"

That could mean anything, but you have to think that means at least £20/30m - taking our summer spending to £70m.

We may well sell Adama for £10m to off-set some of the cost, but still unless there is a surprise sale of Neves or RAN we could well have a nett spend of £60m or more.

So where has this come from? I know we probably have £20m of retaining profit but with no big sales where has it come from?

Has Fosun financed it or are they keeping some external investment quiet?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is potentially massive news!
Their Gov have the ultimate call on everything. So this could mean a total change in approach and back to the original plan.....
What it probably means is the Chinese are scrambling to get as much money out of the country before it goes bankrupt

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Everyone is always quick to ask where its gone, but we have spent £20m on Collins and now £27m on Guedes - £47m in total.

That could mean anything, but you have to think that means at least £20/30m - taking our summer spending to £70m.

We may well sell Adama for £10m to off-set some of the cost, but still unless there is a surprise sale of Neves or RAN we could well have a nett spend of £60m or more.

So where has this come from? I know we probably have £20m of retaining profit but with no big sales where has it come from?

Last two seasons have been bad. Wolves and/or Fosun had to do something. Tried a new coach….didn’t work and he wanted more players.
Jeff and Bruno have said, on more than one occasion that the money was available for the right playe at the right price.
Plus, the squad must have been sick and tired of not scoring goals. Jeff had no choice but to keep the squad happy with promises on new investment.
Ergo, I have no evidence but before the window I thought they’d have to invest a lot of money…..from where, ..who knows?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think Jeff might've been telling the truth when he said, money is available for the right player.

Maybe they need to convince him the player could be a real difference maker for us to buy them. Then the issue of convincing them starts

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is potentially massive news!
Their Gov have the ultimate call on everything. So this could mean a total change in approach and back to the original plan.....

There are no British people there, that is a Chinese announcement and nothing different to what they've been maintaining publicly all along, Fosun wanted into HS2 logistics and services support north of Wolverhampton and stakes in major redevelopment and social projects around Molineux and the Uni, but it was the UK side that halted a lot of that due to Huawei decisions and other political fallout....then Covid happened, the world stopped, and the UK government has been the worst in over 100 years.
The day we know that is over is the day when China and the UK start signing proper deals instead of just talking about them....Brexit turning into an economic nightmare is going to be one way to move that along and focus priorities, we are literally going round the world begging for foreign investment to help pull us out of the ****.

Plus...it means that Guo will be at the match tomorrow so can see the state of the team for himself. Would it be better for us to win easy, or lose easy? :)

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Esports and Wolves music paying dividends then?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

One possible explanation is that Jeff has loosened the rules around balancing the transfer books and is willing to take on greater financial risk by spending more in one window when the right players are available, and not seeking offsetting sales until a later window. Would require a little financial engineering and loans, but those loans need not be soft loans from Fosun, they might be commercial loans.

Reaction score
Last two seasons have been bad. Wolves and/or Fosun had to do something. Tried a new coach….didn’t work and he wanted more players.
Jeff and Bruno have said, on more than one occasion that the money was available for the right playe at the right price.
Plus, the squad must have been sick and tired of not scoring goals. Jeff had no choice but to keep the squad happy with promises on new investment.
Ergo, I have no evidence but before the window I thought they’d have to invest a lot of money…..from where, ..who knows?
Maybe the esports team won a competition

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
One possible explanation is that Jeff has loosened the rules around balancing the transfer books and is willing to take on greater financial risk by spending more in one window when the right players are available, and not seeking offsetting sales until a later window.

This is my belief. Fosun aren't putting more in, the club are still operating within their means, but they are now using more of their means. For the last few years they've operated within a very tight budget, but right now they're willing to push closer to their limit. Why? Who knows. Personally I think Guo has asked for more ambition. He wants to own an elite club, not a mid-table club.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The buy to sell model generally works , but I think every 3/4 seasons you sometimes need a refresh...and need to shell out again...in our case chuck 100m at it ....Fosun have always said if the right player was available they would spend ....I don't think we are spending as such but just investing.... Collins, guedes and say Nunes and Ramos are all investments and hopefully with Gibbs, Rayan , Neto and Neves for instance it will fund another cycle of sell to buy.....they are just refreshing........Maybe the suprise interest in Gibbs white and the fees quoted has given them a reboot in there original intentions...

Get another good couple of players over the line and I think it will be enough to fund another cycle of buy to sell....we could even make a really big profit in 1 season, wiping off the outlay this summer....

Last edited:

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Tricky one. They're quite different. Some similarities. Rice is far more dynamic with the ball at his feet and expansive around the pitch. Neves has better vision and has better anticipation. Neves can sniff out danger far easier and more naturally. It's an interesting debate. If I wasn't a Wolves fan I'd probably say Rice...
Don't know why people knock Rice so much. I guess it happens when players are hyoed up.

And they are different players and think they would work well together.

Not that i would want it in a million years, but if i was at manchester sky i would go all out for both

Back
Top Bottom