Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sooo we're signing him, but not signing him, but actually are signing him ?
Could be signing him, maybe signing him, have a chance in signing him, hopefully signing him, beat everyone else to signing him?

More likely we ain’t gonna sign him, someone else will sign him, we tried to sign him, we did our best to sign him?

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Went to Valencia to see a game last season. Terrible game but he did stand out for them. Easily their best player.

Strong, direct, pacey and decent dribbler..

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spending this much on him rather than a quality CM is a mistake, he isn't even a proper striker he is sort of like having a worse version of Jota play up there in the middle of a 3. It would work but it isn't really what you want is it.
Presume he will just be the MGW replacement.

Ornstein hinted that the Forest deal for MGW could be resurrected if Wolves find a replacement. I'd say this is it.

I don't mind that. I think MGW is good but I think Guedes is good as well.

As you say though, still leaves the glaring CM problem but I'd say this is separate.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not sure Belotti is the same player anymore but Guedes/Nunes would be fantastic

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went to Valencia to see a game last season. Terrible game but he did stand out for them. Easily their best player.

Watched him a few times, direct and can produce something out of nothing. Goalscoring record is not too bad in a poor valencia team, really hope we get him

Madmalc

Reaction score
Why on earth did they buy hwang when we were desperate for a central midfirlder at the time?
Because with Moutinho and Neves he would never have got to play a minute..
Today we got Neves and Dendoncker.
I expect Cundle and Ronan to be gone by the 1st of September.
You can forget any incoming midfielders even if the transfer team signed one Bruno wouldn't play them..

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What worries me more is that we already have a player with similar qualities, and I would prefer not to see him sold to fund Guedes and maybe another incoming. So how would people feel if Neto being sold funded both Guedes and Batman?

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Bruno talking about depth in the post match interview, hopefully this is Guedes in & still MGW staying.

Just please have a CM lined up!!!

Madmalc

Reaction score
Jesus christ I can't remember any other manager complaining about lack of players (injuries yes but lack of players?) and not being able to make any substitutions. This is just abysmal.
He has substitutions to make sadly he doesn't make substitutions.
If he had made 5 substitutions and we'd have lost 8 nil it would underline the the lack.of depth in the squad.
He made a token one substitution. It's yet to be seen if Hwang carried his injury too long to play against Fulham.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

What worries me more is that we already have a player with similar qualities, and I would prefer not to see him sold to fund Guedes and maybe another incoming. So how would people feel if Neto being sold funded both Guedes and Batman?
He is very very similar to Neto, he isn't a CF or a CM. Seems a baffling move on the face of it tbh. I think he is decent, £30M would be an overpay but not by a crazy amount.
I can understand selling MGW to a degree if you are funding a proper CM but essentially swapping him for a samey player to what we have is hardly going to improve the team.

Sephiroth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would seem a good move to bin off MGW to Forest for the same amount.

Still gives us room to get in the other positions we need.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is very very similar to Neto, he isn't a CF or a CM. Seems a baffling move on the face of it tbh. I think he is decent, £30M would be an overpay but not by a crazy amount.
I can understand selling MGW to a degree if you are funding a proper CM but essentially swapping him for a samey player to what we have is hardly going to improve the team.

Makes me wonder if he’s being brought in, in advance of Neto being sold in a future window. Similar to how Neto was brought in a year or so before Jota was sold. If so, and he settles well, then I’m a bit happier, if I have accept Neto will not always be a Wolves player. If it meant Neto being sold this window, then I’m much less happy.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can’t see anyone paying what we’d want for Neto. I think in our best side if Guedes signs, he’d start on the left and Neto on the right, with Podence through the middle. I’m assuming that Guedes is being funded by the sale of MGW, but if he does stay I do think his best position is centrally rather than on the wing.

Madmalc

Reaction score
We looked good till the 70th minute. We need fresh legs to take us to the 90th minute.

1CM, 1Winger and 1striker is needed.

Guedes would be good, but maybe quite expensive
You mean like a manager who uses substitutes

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Makes me wonder if he’s being brought in, in advance of Neto being sold in a future window. Similar to how Neto was brought in a year or so before Jota was sold. If so, and he settles well, then I’m a bit happier, if I have accept Neto will not always be a Wolves player. If it meant Neto being sold this window, then I’m much less happy.
Yeah good shout

Madmalc

Reaction score
Desperate for 2 midfielders, 1 wing back, 1 attacking mid, 1 No 10! & 2 centre forwards.
It would take them 12-18 months to get any game time even if we bought them.
Bruno doesn't do substitutes and doesn't do squad rotation.
When will anyone else grasp why no player wants to join us and players like MGW don't want to sign a new contract..
There's a world Cup coming up, expect the players to pace themselves.
They aren't going to burn out pre World Cup.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Let the panic buying commence!
There will be no panic buying, they might buy someone, who might get a look in for first team minutes as a substitute this season, may be a few starts the next, if they're lucky they might get regular games in their 3rd season. That's when they're loaned out of course.

Back
Top Bottom