Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we're not blowing all out money on Guedes..IF he's apparently costing 40 million I would rather we get a top striker in like that Ramos from Benfica.

Also if we had this money from the start why are we spending it now? There have been some class players with decent release clauses we could have purchased.. if they wanted to come..
Wake up call from the reaction to the Leeds result?

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To suddenly splash out over 40 million on a single player? Would prefer two players with that much money..
I agree but at this point just a display of intent and acknowledgement that we need help is a positive sign.
We know what happens in the next 24 hours though. Fab here we go's Newcastle or arsenal.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What we are asking is too much, we did this with Traore and have ended up in a situation where he could walk for nothing at the end of this season, a 40-50 mill release clause is more than reasonable IMO
At the end of the day its all about opinions. How much do we want to keep Ruben? The main difference as I see it between the Adama situation is that he started to become less effective and lost value whereas Ruben if we invested in supporting players is likely to increase his present value. Its a gamble for sure but that is the difference between success and failure.
The other point is how many and what players could we bring in for that money.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, we were overdue a Mendes marquee signing this summer. Very happy if we pull this off.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we're not blowing all out money on Guedes..IF he's apparently costing 40 million I would rather we get a top striker in like that Ramos from Benfica.

Also if we had this money from the start why are we spending it now? There have been some class players with decent release clauses we could have purchased.. if they wanted to come..
It's possible that they spent the entire summer trying to convince Nunes to join. I don't know too much about Guedes but I'm a little worried that this may be a replacement for MGW. Are they similar types of player?

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We go for Guedes what happens with MGW? Have we accepted Forests offer? If, we’re getting Batshuayia as well then we have a good forward line but we need significantly more in midfield.

Reaction score
Guedes would be a smart signing. He can play as a 9 while Raul is out. Then anywhere across the front 3 (in 433) or front 4 (in 4231).

Though if today showed the board anything, hopefully it’s lit a fire under them to get a midfielder in urgently.
Deffo need midfielder Dendoncker gets in good positions bit carnt finish

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The guedes news broke about an hour or so ago a lot of sites guessing that it was either Newcastle, Arsenal, West Ham or Wolves..... seems now reputable sources have confirmed it is us who have made the offer.

Don't know much about Guedes however he has a decent goalscoring record.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The guedes news broke about an hour or so ago a lot of sites guessing that it was either Newcastle, Arsenal, West Ham or Wolves..... seems now reputable sources have confirmed it is us who have made the offer.

Don't know much about Guedes however he has a decent goalscoring record.

Seems like there is a lot of noise all of a sudden. Wouldn’t be surprised if this were done and dusted in a day or less. Might be that he was on the list of targets, and after the social media response to today, Wolves feel they need to pull the trigger on a target even if their are related moves which haven’t yet been completed. We desperately need a midfielder as well though.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We go for Guedes what happens with MGW? Have we accepted Forests offer? If, we’re getting Batshuayia as well then we have a good forward line but we need significantly more in midfield.
As football has changed with the subs rulings it is now a squad game. To compete we have ot go along this route. So yes Morgan can stay and share in the squad rotation. Fresh legs are the order of the day.

Back
Top Bottom