Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Agent Cooper

Reaction score
Very balanced yet still make it sound like fans are angry kids complaining because we aren't spending vast sums of money to break into the top 6, with Shi being the responsible adult.
But lots of fans aren't complaining because of that.
They're angry because we're a aout to start the season with no striker and 3 senior midfielders, one of which is 36 soon

Those issues could been solved without breaking the bank or risking the future of the club.
Don't get me wrong I'm as frustrated as the next person, rather than angry, at the pace of transfer dealings so far and I think that would be the position of probably most people but that's different to being angry and abusive about the owners and employees in the recruitment team. I'd rather trust the current approach, even if it feels painstaking at times, than say, the go for broke approach that the likes of Everton or Villa go for which will probably fail to break the top 6 anyway and at what cost to clubs longer term sustainability.

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You could at least restrict uk club transfers to other uk clubs.

So from tomorrow would
Mean Man Utd could but neves for example
Agreed, but they tried that a couple of seasons ago and it led to problems because foreign clubs could still unsettle English-based players with bids after the domestic window closed. The idea was scrapped after that.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, but they tried that a couple of seasons ago and it led to problems because foreign clubs could still unsettle English-based players with bids after the domestic window closed. The idea was scrapped after that.
Ah ok. It’s a tricky one to be honest

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll kinda get it if he's pushing for the move though /won't sign a contract

I really want him to stay and be a part going forward but we can't afford to let a 30m offer go on a player if he doesn't want to sign a deal

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It doesn't say anything about a transfer fee. Just his wages. I wonder if we will get anything for him or let him go on a free.

Yes that’s what I said, that according to Google translate they are offering to pay his full wages, which to me sounded strange and as if he will go on a free. Just wasn’t sure if Google translate had translated properly, because it sounded odd to me

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think it’s been made pretty clear that if he’s starting games consistently that he will sign a new contract, but he won’t sign until it’s been proven (ie, 7 or 8 games into the season).

No way we should sell him unless it’s stupid money (£50m ish).

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m guessing that Bruno isn’t happy.
What about the players?
Those reasonably happy:
Mouts signed a new contract.
Sa back from injury
Collins just signed
Kilman looking forward to being first choice
Neto maybe just pleased to be fit
Hwang looking forward to WC
Jonny probably relieved to be fit

The others:
Coady , god knows what he’s thinking
Boly worried about fitness and bench warming
RAN dreaming of City or Chelsea
Raul worried about fitness and WC
Neves, MGW, Traore uncertain where they will be and have contract issues.
Semedo, Podence and Dendoncker?

First game of season looming I would think they are all looking forward to that but the combined mentality of the squad- I’m no t sure.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure I saw a report about Mendes was looking to "accelerate" a move for Guedes away from Valencia could the move for Gibbs-White maybe give us the funds to bring him in?

Just throwing that out there probably nonsenses...

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it’s been made pretty clear that if he’s starting games consistently that he will sign a new contract, but he won’t sign until it’s been proven (ie, 7 or 8 games into the season).

No way we should sell him unless it’s stupid money (£50m ish).
It's been said that this is the case, but it's ****.

If it was the case he wouldn't go to Forest because he has more chance of playing 90 minutes every week for us than them.

It's down to money if he goes.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ramos yes, guedes i just dont get the hype. If it meant a swap with traore and us putting in an extra 5m lets say, then yes id take guedes, but i wouldnt want to see 25m of our non existent budget go on him
Would prefer Ramos I agree....but still think guedes is better than what we have ....

Back
Top Bottom