Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Booo Fosun out, why aren’t we signing a striker?!”

Make a bid for a striker…

“No not him, we’ve already got a player called that, I’ve never seen him play but I know he’s rubbish, we’re only signing him because of where he’s from, booo Fosun out”.
Yes it’s terrible having opinions on a forum. People are annoyed and some feel let down no need to wind others up.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if we had strengthened the last 2 seasons this season wouldn’t have been so much of an issue. I do think, hope we will see 2 more in. What’s disappointing most is that we are very close to something special. Let’s see there is time yet.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we need a striker? Yes
Do we want to spend a lot?- Appears no
Does said striker appear to be better than the current available non injured options?- probably
Would signing the striker have an additional benefit of raising the profile of Wolves in South Korea?- Yes
Might it be good for two south Koreans to be involved together in the club?-yes

I cant see a negative to signing Hwang B and hope that we can pen a suitable chant about double Hwangers or Hwang A and Hwang B or weve got a lovely pair of Hwangs or even listening to the commentator as they pass to each other "Hwang to Hwang and back to Hwang who shoots and scores and thats a double celebration for the Hwangs with a goal for Hwang and an assist for Hwang "

Now I am just being silly.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
There’s no way of sugar coating it, a couple of days away from the start of the season without getting a striker in is incompetence. It’s accepting we will make do and accept whatever happens.

There’s no real ambition to be as high up the table as possible. They are happy to just to just do enough to stay out of trouble in my opinion.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s no way of sugar coating it, a couple of days away from the start of the season without getting a striker in is incompetence. It’s accepting we will make do and accept whatever happens.

There’s no real ambition to be as high up the table as possible. They are happy to just to just do enough to stay out of trouble in my opinion.
We haven’t done enough to stay out of trouble though

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think if we had strengthened the last 2 seasons this season wouldn’t have been so much of an issue. I do think, hope we will see 2 more in. What’s disappointing most is that we are very close to something special. Let’s see there is time yet.
Good point about lack of strengthening in previous windows. People make comparisons with Leicester this windows because they aren't spending, but they spend an awful lot of money last summer.

Ragnar

Reaction score
“Booo Fosun out, why aren’t we signing a striker?!”

Make a bid for a striker…

“No not him, we’ve already got a player called that, I’ve never seen him play but I know he’s rubbish, we’re only signing him because of where he’s from, booo Fosun out”.

A quite ridiculous post. I always think this is is ****ing absurd whenever I see it, and I do see it quite a bit. It seems that some people think that because fans want Wolves to strengthen the squad and sign players they should just accept any old ****e and be grateful. This guy might come in and be better than a lot expect but you can't blame people for being skeptical of the motives of the signing when you see what was said on the Ask Wolves videos RE players from Asia, This guy has a very average record in a much weaker league and is 29 years old. It is underwhelming whichever way you slice it. I suppose the Stockholm syndrome has well and truly settled in now and they've been that slow and reactive in the market again that people like this will just accept whatever they're given.

Months to identify and secure targets and this is what they have come up with :tearsofjoy:

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cant see a negative to signing Hwang B and hope that we can pen a suitable chant about double Hwangers or Hwang A and Hwang B or weve got a lovely pair of Hwangs or even listening to the commentator as they pass to each other "Hwang to Hwang and back to Hwang who shoots and scores and thats a double celebration for the Hwangs with a goal for Hwang and an assist for Hwang "

Yes you are, we haven't come up with anything original in a long time!

At least we can't use "There's only one...." again, so that would be a bonus. Would be a little awkward

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morning all. Have we signed anyone yet?

Apart from benteke or another hwang because they don't count apparently.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was talking the other hwang!

But in this case - we just need to sign the player who'll do the job. I know nothing about this hwang.

As for our transfers - other than numbers in, our incoming transfers have been really good for a few years now. Cutrone is our only major failure - which is insane (bonatini must have been a favour but he was great when on loan).

The whole rhetoric here and social media is absolutely poisonous and is only going to be harmful because it's so divorced from reality.

I had a chance to (significantly) part own two football clubs recently. The reason I didn't was because I can see how football fans, always fickle anyway, have gone down the same awful route of politics etc where everything is binary, where almost everyone us useless, and where abuse is absolutely the norm. It's shocking on social media now and frankly little better here.
Sorry, you lost all credibility when you said "Cutrone is our only major failure".

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morning all. Have we signed anyone yet?

Apart from benteke or another hwang because they don't count apparently.
I don’t think anyone has said they don’t count, just that they are underwhelming for some. Which is OK.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Genuine question, do you just want them to sign someone even if they’re not an improvement? For me this is the problem, we don’t have the money to build a large squad of players who won’t actually play, so anyone who comes in has to actually challenge Raul for the starting spot, that narrows down the field massively as there aren’t that many that are better than him, and most of them will be out of our reach financially or other clubs won’t want to sell because why would they. So we have to look at players who may be better than Raul given time and that’s a hard thing to judge, and as shown by Cutrone and Hwang and to an extent Fabio can be a very expensive mistake.

Basically what I’m saying is it’s not “incompetence” not to have signed a striker yet, it’s simply not an easy process. Look at how even Man United with their spending power and resources can’t just go and get who they want

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
I always felt it was criminal that game never sold out.

I guess by that point we’d all had enough of the BS from McGoo et al
It was an odd choice of opponent as well I thought, didnt really have any stars in their side at the time as I recall, they played on it being Pele's Santos in the build up but that was a very tenuous connection. But yes sad that it didnt sellout, I'd always imagined a testimonial for Bully would and should have have.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we need a striker? Yes
Do we want to spend a lot?- Appears no
Does said striker appear to be better than the current available non injured options?- probably
Would signing the striker have an additional benefit of raising the profile of Wolves in South Korea?- Yes
Might it be good for two south Koreans to be involved together in the club?-yes

Being silly - or worse - is a pre-requisite for this thread.

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Glad to see this thread is living up to its title name! FWIW, I think we have a better starting 11 this season. The rest of the squad looks a little thin though and that concerns me greatly.

The problem I see is that (Jeff or Scott, can't remember which and I paraphrase) said that any new players coming in would be squad improvements, not fillers . I just can't see where we are going to find 2 or 3 additions that will actually improve us and fit within our budget.

I'm hoping we unearth some more gems in the next few weeks.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I’m convinced we won’t be bringing in a striker before Saturday. I still have hopes that we will make 1/2 signings before the window closes but like everyone else I am a bit fed up with all the false hope links that are either bullshine or just never happen .

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry, you lost all credibility when you said "Cutrone is our only major failure".
Who else has come in and been a major failure from nuno onwards? I can only think of cutrone but perhaps I'm missing someone?

Silva it remains to be seen. We massively overpaid but unclear if it's a failure yet.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be delighted with Andre Silva. Would still be peeved about the lack of a midfielder but would probably put the pitchfork away for a bit.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We haven’t done enough to stay out of trouble though
If I'd consistently predicted something with certainty, and it had consistently not happened, I think I'd stop saying it, because I'd worry about making myself look silly.

September last year:
When we go down they will sell up to that Russian bloke who was sniffing around
I’m afraid this has relegation written all over it.

January 2021
We are going down without a whimper and it’s going to be perhaps the worst ever relegation in our history
Beware the ones that have still heads in sand as they are the reason we are in this ****

September 2020
Relegation stuff I’m afraid. Absolutely dire.

September 2019
A ****ing full on relegation battle

December 2018
On current “ form” relegation is a distinct possibility.

And my absolute favourite, from May 2017:
Promotion next year won't be happening. But at this rate relegation will be

Back
Top Bottom