Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen on twitter that Benteke’s younger brother has started to follow Wolves on instagram today. Fact checked it myself & it’s correct, only teams he follows on the platform are us, Crystal Palace & Club Brugge from what I can see.

Maybe whoever it was that mentioned him signing was right?

FCAB70F8-277D-4921-9B07-2AF12F6A2333.jpeg

Last edited:

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be a good shout.
My worry is based on history. Last summer we supposedly bid for Botman and Sanches but had nobody else lined up. This summer we seem to wait forever on Nunes.
That’s not strictly true though as we apparently went after Caleta-Car and Boubacar Kamara as alternatives.

The issue last summer wasn’t the lack of a plan b, it was leaving plan a so late we couldn’t sort a plan b in my opinion.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen on twitter that Benteke’s younger brother has started to follow Wolves on instagram today. Fact checked it myself & it’s correct, only two teams he follows on the platform are us, Crystal Palace & Club Brugge from what I can see.

Maybe whoever it was that mentioned him signing was right?

View attachment 29170
At this point in time i would welcome him tbf

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought we would have learned form our previous mistakes but yet it seems we haven’t

A this stage benteke for a year I would take just so podence doesn’t start up front Saturday.

It really is a **** way of doing business heading into a new season with more broken promises. (“Refresh needed this year” was the quote)

Last year it was “trust us”

Unforgivable getting rid of Fabio without a replacement lined up

What traores status is he goes and with trincao gone need a wide player surely?
X2 cf with Raul fit
X2 cm playing 3 in midfield we now have no back up bar cundle who’s clearly not ready and going out on loan.

I don’t care if we sign 4 world beaters before the end of the window, the season starts in 3 days time not in 4 weeks.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me with Chelsea now getting carney, looking at de Jong getting cucurella then walker Peters. they are going to have to get rid of players, I'll take Hudson odio pulisic

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** me with Chelsea now getting carney, looking at de Jong getting cucurella then walker Peters. they are going to have to get rid of players, I'll take Hudson odio pulisic
Wages will be a huge issue.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Carney is a great lad. Chelsea can't give him playing time, but we could almost guarantee regular minutes. Going to be a real star. I was Head of his secondary school (but unfortunately retired... but went back and saw him play in a National semi-final for the school at U15. Tries to persuade him to swap from Villa academy to ours... without success.). Is it worth me having another go and getting him to get Chelsea to loan him out for the season to nurture his talent? Better than bench-warming! And he gets to learn alongside world class midfielders in Moutinho & Neves??? (Well - one can dream....)

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a back up to Raul I think Benteke would give us a different kind of threat as he can hold the ball up and bring others around him into play. So while he may not be the all singing all dancing exciting striker some were hoping for. On a pragmatic level he will draw in center halves and make space for others. His added presence in and around the box may help in feeding Neto, Hwang, MGW or Podence.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be excited with Benteke but you never know whether a change of scenery will do him good. Maybe our players and style will suit him? Maybe he’s shot to pieces? If the price is ok I wouldn’t 100% be against it.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not before we'd got a replacement horse lined up though.
We have a horse coming in, 2 or 3 in fact.

Trust us.

We know we need more horses but the ones we have are great.

We have the horse identified and are just getting them over the line.

Turned out the horse was lame.

We did what we could but there were no more horses. Fortunately our own horses are good enough to pull the chariot.

Did I say horses? I mean horse and donker err donkey.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As a back up to Raul I think Benteke would give us a different kind of threat as he can hold the ball up and bring others around him into play. So while he may not be the all singing all dancing exciting striker some were hoping for. On a pragmatic level he will draw in center halves and make space for others. His added presence in and around the box may help in feeding Neto, Hwang, MGW or Podence.
He is exactly the type of striker option we need.... physical....I wouldn't be against it at all....

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a horse coming in, 2 or 3 in fact.

Trust us.

We know we need more horses but the ones we have are great.

We have the horse identified and are just getting them over the line.

Turned out the horse was lame.

We did what we could but there were no more horses. Fortunately our own horses are good enough to pull the chariot.

Did I say horses? I mean horse and donker err donkey.
Not true. We signed plenty of young'uns that we farmed out to another stable.
Need to get experience first though. You don't win nothing with colts.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be excited with Benteke but you never know whether a change of scenery will do him good. Maybe our players and style will suit him? Maybe he’s shot to pieces? If the price is ok I wouldn’t 100% be against it.

I’d be delighted with him! He’s a higher level to Fabio right now, so our options up front would be stronger than last season. Any progress is positive!

I think a change of scenery could very much do him good, considering his highest goal returns for all the clubs he’s played multiple seasons for, have always come in the first season!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I cannot believe after many being negative on Benteke those are now turning to desperation and saying you would take him. Nonesense.

A signing like this gets me as excited as when we signed Grant Holt.

I cannot believe after all the meltdowns about not signing anyone, that if we do finally get an experienced PL goalscorer over the line, there will be more meltdowns! :tearsofjoy:

JTWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Taking Benteke who has played in a bottom half premier league team the past few seasons is not better than Fabio.

Think it’s time to give this Mix a rest for the evening.

Did either of the recent seasons performances against Palace scream at you going wow Palace are a handful with Benteke, he would thrive in elsewhere.

Therefore, he is second fiddle to an off form Jimenez.

We should be replacing Jimenez at this point and making him fight to play.

I’m all for a back 4. But if Coady is losing his place, why does Raul get to keep his when fit? He shouldn’t.

If we pay money for Benteke we’ve been robbed.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d be delighted with him! He’s a higher level to Fabio right now, so our options up front would be stronger than last season. Any progress is positive!

I think a change of scenery could very much do him good, considering his highest goal returns for all the clubs he’s played multiple seasons for, have always come in the first season!
What! Have you all been in the sun? Benteke is a big lump who offers no movement, no pace, and can't score. He is not a lame horse or even a donkey. He is ****. I would rather have Fabio back. This window is getting beyond a joke.

T-dot-wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
We’re not going to shell out long dollar on a striker when the expectation is our own £35m player will be up top next season.

He ain’t a glamor signing for sure. Does it allow us to spend more in midfield though, where it’s even more desperately needed?

To be clear -you’d think there’s cheaper, younger, better options out there waiting for a shot

Andi130

Reaction score
if all the money(if there is any) is going on a CM, I'll take Benteke.

His stats are absolute shute though, and it begs the question why we didn't just keep Silva!

In the English Premier League season 2021/22, Christian Benteke played 11 matches (plus 14 as a sub). They had 13 shots on target from a total of 32 shots and scored 4 goals (6.10 xG). Christian Benteke averaged 12 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 65%, and had 1 assist. Christian Benteke received 3 yellow cards and 0 red cards. The average Infogol Player Rating for Christian Benteke in the English Premier League 2021/22 season was 6.65.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking Benteke who has played in a bottom half premier league team the past few seasons is not better than Fabio.

Think it’s time to give this Mix a rest for the evening.

Did either of the recent seasons performances against Palace scream at you going wow Palace are a handful with Benteke, he would thrive in elsewhere.

Therefore, he is second fiddle to an off form Jimenez.

We should be replacing Jimenez at this point and making him fight to play.

I’m all for a back 4. But if Coady is losing his place, why does Raul get to keep his when fit? He shouldn’t.

If we pay money for Benteke we’ve been robbed.
Agreed. We need a first choice striker and himinez to fight to be no1

That’s progress

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if all the money(if there is any) is going on a CM, I'll take Benteke.

His stats are absolute shute though, and it begs the question why we diddnt just keep Silva!

In the English Premier League season 2021/22, Christian Benteke played 11 matches (plus 14 as a sub). They had 13 shots on target from a total of 32 shots and scored 4 goals (6.10 xG). Christian Benteke averaged 12 passes per match with a pass completion rate of 65%, and had 1 assist. Christian Benteke received 3 yellow cards and 0 red cards. The average Infogol Player Rating for Christian Benteke in the English Premier League 2021/22 season was 6.65.
Can you do the same stats for Pukki , mitrovic and Toney who some wouldn't take on here .

Not saying I would take them but just makes me smile that most on here would say we will finish above palace but we looking at a possible cast off . Ambition would be Zaha which I know wecabt afford but really a player surplus to requirements.

Back
Top Bottom