Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can also play outwide too, where a lot of his appearances came for Roma off the bench.
And kilman could speak to him in fluent russian

If your interested here are his stats as a CF, dan quite rightly points out he was playing out wide alot for roma

1659447269326.png

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You wonder how Brighton keep finding players with how 'difficult' the market is.....Cucurella, Moder, Trossard, Mewpu, Lamptey, Sarmiento, Caicedo, Mac Allister, Alzate and now Mitoma and Enciso. Granted not every signing comes off for them, and it's easier to strengthen when you're in the bottom five, but they do consistently find top talent in that £10-20m category and will more than double their money on Bissouma and Cucurella alone
Just my opinion, but I suspect that much of what you have mentioned was Dan Ashworth's influence and why Newcastle tempted him away.

Joshwolf218

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
20/21
Serie A
Serie AGenoa CFC32311.0381-15121---209'1.671'

1671 mins for 8 goals

209 mins per goal

21/22
Serie A
Serie AAS Roma37281.3934-2342---255'766'

766 mins last year
255 mins per goal

As comparison

Rauls best season 190 mins per goal

19/20
Premier League
Premier LeagueWolverhampton Wanderers38381.55176-1173--4191'3.252'

The for the info

R

reanswolf

Bit of an odd report from Sport Witless, Wolves have made so much progress and are such a long way down the road with this transfer that they don't know the price yet..
Yeah I thought that. Bit strange

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am finding it hard to believe we are actively looking for players. It’s becoming a bit of farce now.

Are we really looking? Unless players leave and we have some money I personally don’t think so. It would explain why the Itk info hadn’t come to fruition, numerous irons in the fire but no triggers pulled, so to speak.
That's not the reason.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just got up, nearly 7am and still no new signings……NONE…….gawd.

I don’t tend to overreact, able to see shades of grey and am generally positive about the club but even I would have sworn that we’d have had 3 squad ready players in by now.
I won’t bother speculating as to the reasons for the delay, ( gulp….it is a delay, right? ), but a bit of frustration is starting to creep into my subconscious and pushing aside patience and calm.

A concern is the thought that the primary targets Wolves wanted may have, for different reasons, slipped away.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just got up, nearly 7am and still no new signings……NONE…….gawd. I don’t tend to overreact, able to see shades of grey and am generally positive about the club but even I would have sworn that we’d have had 3 squad ready players in by now. I won’t bother speculating as to the reasons for the delay, ( gulp….it is a delay, right? ), but a bit of frustration is starting to creep into my subconscious and pushing aside patience and calm.
6oob3e.jpg

;)

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You wonder how Brighton keep finding players with how 'difficult' the market is.....Cucurella, Moder, Trossard, Mewpu, Lamptey, Sarmiento, Caicedo, Mac Allister, Alzate and now Mitoma and Enciso. Granted not every signing comes off for them, and it's easier to strengthen when you're in the bottom five, but they do consistently find top talent in that £10-20m category and will more than double their money on Bissouma and Cucurella alone
We’ve done plenty of good business in that £10m to £20m bracket under Fosun too to be fair, if anything the issue is that we seem to have stopped doing it and are either looking for <£5m gems or chasing £25m+ players who we struggle to convince/can’t afford (delete as appropriate depending on your views of the club).

Under Fosun in that bracket weve had Costa, Neves, Boly, Jota, Patricio, Traore, Jonny, Dendoncker, Neto, Cutrone, Podence, RAN, Hwang, Collins (just over).

Obviously I’d love 2 or 3 starters for right now, and I like the look of Nunes, but if we’re working to a budget I’d much rather us spend £45m on 3 players in the above bracket, players in the Neto mould where they’re in the squad from day one but become more influential as the season progresses.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That £10-20m level of player is easier to attract for Brighton than it is for us now.

Every one of those players plays almost every week for Brighton. They have been given that platform to showcase their abilities, with the end goal of progressing beyond Brighton.

We are the level up from that now.

Every one of those players doesn't get in our starting XI automatically. So they don't get the same platform week in, week out, that they do at Brighton.

I think it's partly why we have altered the approach of looking for breakthrough Portuguese talent at source. Chiquinho and Gomes were picked up relatively cheap before they'd had their transfers to the big Portuguese clubs.

For us, it's probably that kind of transfer, youth players to develop, or ready made first teamers. Unlikely that we ever really shop in the same pool as Brighton in my opinion.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t tend to overreact, able to see shades of grey and am generally positive about the club but even I would have sworn that we’d have had 3 squad ready players in by now.
I won’t bother speculating as to the reasons for the delay, ( gulp….it is a delay, right? ), but a bit of frustration is starting to creep into my subconscious and pushing aside patience and calm.

A concern is the thought that the primary targets Wolves wanted may have, for different reasons, slipped away.
The in has finally broken him lads!!

Vancouver you will love the dark side with us, we have the best cookies!!!!!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seen a couple of posts like this today. You're all sending yourself mad! :tearsofjoy:

It's like waking up every day and being really annoyed and upset that you've not been sent any nice letters or packages in the post, but not actually knowing if anyone has sent anything.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That £10-20m level of player is easier to attract for Brighton than it is for us now.

Every one of those players plays almost every week for Brighton. They have been given that platform to showcase their abilities, with the end goal of progressing beyond Brighton.

Every one of those players doesn't get in our starting XI automatically. So they don't get the same platform week in, week out, that they do at Brighton.

I think it's partly why we have altered the approach of looking for breakthrough Portuguese talent at source. Chiquinho and Gomes were picked up relatively cheap before they'd had their transfers to the big Portuguese clubs.

For us, it's probably that kind of transfer, youth players to develop, or ready made first teamers. Unlikely that we ever really shop in the same pool as Brighton in my opinion.
With all due respect, when we get completely outplayed in the middle of the park by them, maybe we are showing that some of our midfield really aren't a level above any more, and we need to move on from certain players?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many mins did he play in the appearances?
Average of 26 mins last season so I really wouldn't judge him too hard.
In his first season in Italy at Genoa he played an average og 53 mins and scored 5 more goals, so there's some evidence he'll score more if he plays more.
He did score 11 in 28 games in his last season at Rostov.
He seems quite fast for a big guy and would fit our style of play well.
Always the question mark whether he can make the step up but those are the chances we need to take I guess.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We're a level up from a side who finished above us last season?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With all due respect, when we get completely outplayed in the middle of the park by them, maybe we are showing that some of our midfield really aren't a level above any more, and we need to move on from certain players?

Yeah, the Brighton game was appalling from us and they played very well. Over the course of the season, we finished on the same points, with only a few goals separating us in league position.

Massively under par from us and over-par from them.

What it means is they have found a way to become a greater sum of their parts in the same way we did in the first couple of PL seasons.

We need to rediscover a way to do that again, rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater or start looking at players of teams like Brighton enviously.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen a couple of posts like this today. You're all sending yourself mad! :tearsofjoy:

It's like waking up every day and being really annoyed and upset that you've not been sent any nice letters or packages in the post, but not actually knowing if anyone has sent anything.
Excuuuuuuuuse me!
I don’t do mad………I make others mad :p :). ( Mrs. Vancouver nods her head to this:confused:).

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Average of 26 mins last season so I really wouldn't judge him too hard.
In his first season in Italy at Genoa he played an average og 53 mins and scored 5 more goals, so there's some evidence he'll score more if he plays more.
He did score 11 in 28 games in his last season at Rostov.
He seems quite fast for a big guy and would fit our style of play well.
Always the question mark whether he can make the step up but those are the chances we need to take I guess.
A lot of the arguments against him sound a lot like the complaints about Raul before he signed!

I've never heard of him, but if we sign him I'll be first and foremost happy we've added a striker!!!

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just my opinion, but I suspect that much of what you have mentioned was Dan Ashworth's influence and why Newcastle tempted him away.
That’s it I am with you
I now refuse to wake up in the morning unless we have signed players
Hop I don’t turn into Rip van Winkle

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're a level up from a side who finished above us last season?

Absolutely. In terms of standard of overall player and in terms of player retention.

A couple of good seasons for Brighton and a player like Bissouma is off. One good season and Cucarella hands in a transfer request.

As a club, they will have seasons where everything clicks like last season, but they still only finished on the same points as we did having what most saw as a poor season overall.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Madmalc

Reaction score
Yeah, the Brighton game was appalling from us and they played very well. Over the course of the season, we finished on the same points, with only a few goals separating us in league position.

What it means is they have found a way to become a greater sum of their parts in the same way we did in the first couple of PL seasons.

We need to rediscover a way to do that again, rather than throw the baby out with the bathwater or start looking at players of teams like Brighton enviously.
The problem has been lack of opportunities for new players coming in. Trying to buy youth doesn't work if the youth has no chance of playing. Buying guaranteed first team starters also kills recruitment.
There's also the legacy of spending £35m on an untried teenager, suddenly everyone wants £40m plus for a player hardly worth £20m..

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely. In terms of standard of overall player and in terms of player retention.

A couple of good seasons for Brighton and a player like Bissouma is off. One good season and Cucarella hands in a transfer request.

As a club, they will have seasons where everything clicks like last season, but they still only finished on the same points as we did having what most saw as a poor season overall.
Sounds like us and Adama and Jota. Neves pretty much said he wanted to leave at the end of the season, but isn't the type of character to kick up a fuss and hand in a transfer request (hopefully). We're nowhere near being a "level up" imo. We have about 16 first team players, anyone signing for us has a great chance of playing whether they cost £5m or £50m.

Madmalc

Reaction score
I'm not looking forward to the effect of the World Cup on the first team squad.
Let's face it you wouldn't kill yourself in your day job, if it meant you would miss the greatest days of your life..
It's not as though they'll get the respite of squad rotations at Wolves, either.

There's a thought, now waiting for the excuse, no one would join us in a World Cup year..

Last edited:

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of the arguments against him sound a lot like the complaints about Raul before he signed!

I've never heard of him, but if we sign him I'll be first and foremost happy we've added a striker!!!

Ive noticed Roma fans praise his energy and acceleration and he might be a good signing. I do understand if the club is reluctant to agree to an obligation to buy though.
We've already wasted money on a few strikers not good enough.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of an odd report from Sport Witless, Wolves have made so much progress and are such a long way down the road with this transfer that they don't know the price yet..
I guess they heard it from Sellars then

Madmalc

Reaction score
Sounds like us and Adama and Jota. Neves pretty much said he wanted to leave at the end of the season, but isn't the type of character to kick up a fuss and hand in a transfer request (hopefully). We're nowhere near being a "level up" imo. We have about 16 first team players, anyone signing for us has a great chance of playing whether they cost £5m or £50m.
I disagree, anyone under £20m is likely to take at least a year to be integrated into the first team squad, particularly if they play in midfield.
It shouldn't take that long but it will..

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think this is part of the issue. A couple of seasons of playing under par and our players are cast off as being no good by a lot of our fans.

We have a squad full of players all who are either guaranteed to go to the World Cup (Neves, Moutinho, Hwang, Raul) and players who could be in with a chance having been called up to recent squads (Sa, Coady, Semedo, Jonny, Traore, Dendoncker, Neto, Podence).

Compare that to Brighton. How many seasoned internationals do they have? How many players will they have at the World Cup?

We have had 4 PL seasons with an average finishing position of 9.25 and a range of 7th-13th.

Brighton have had 5 PL seasons with an average finishing position of 14.4 and a range of 9th to 17th.

We are currently in the Deloitte money league for the first time, meaning we are classed as one of the 20 most valuable football clubs in the World.

In terms of overall player quality, average league position and club size and stature, we are undoubtedly a level up!

Just need a good season again for people to see what's there. We are due one.

R

reanswolf

Honestly sorry, but I think you are showing a bit of delusional Wolves behaviour here. Brighton and Southampton probably don’t see us as being much better than them now, if at all. Brighton waltz past us at Molineux last season. They get similar crowds.

Jota would have asked for a transfer of his move to Liverpool had not been sanctioned, Traore won’t resign with us.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
checking romanos feed and sky sports, lots of deals getting done this week, i hope for good news before the weekend for us

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I disagree with that assessment. I don't think we ever overachieved. I think we only underachieved in Nuno's last season.
Spurs have looked at one of brighton's players with envy and brought one in that would be an improvement to us. I don't see why we have to pretend we are strong in an area that statistically, we aren't anymore. 15-20 million would probably do it too.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
on Shomurodov, his agents are suppose to be meeting bologna today

The player’s entourage will thus meet with Bologna on Tuesday to discuss further details to help unlock a loan deal for the ex-Genoa man.

Back
Top Bottom