Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh please. Who gives a dam about that. The fact is he has been atrocious for two seasons whether her players for Belgium or not.

14 Premier League goals over the last 2 seasons is not atrocious.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You may wanna go check your stat book of ‘Incorrect statistics on Belgian footballers with a consistent and truly uncanny ability to either hit the keeper or miss the target from 6 yards’

14!!?? Lol. He prob missed 14 sitters last season alone.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may wanna go check your stat book of ‘Incorrect statistics on Belgian footballers with a consistent and truly uncanny ability to either hit the keeper or miss the target from 6 yards’

I think some are talking about Donk and others Benteke here

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
surely we have signed a striker ? letting fabio leave without one having completed a medical and signed would be madness ? what if we failed his medical etc ?

on a positive i think we will see raul do loads better this season, i think hwang will be better too (although i am sure his 1st touch wont have improved), neto full fit and a confident motivated MGW...i feel there are quite a few positives in there

doesnt change the fact we are crying out for competition/a strike partner for raul and a dynamic quick att cm

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
surely we have signed a striker ? letting fabio leave without one having completed a medical and signed would be madness ? what if we failed his medical etc ?

on a positive i think we will see raul do loads better this season, i think hwang will be better too (although i am sure his 1st touch wont have improved), neto full fit and a confident motivated MGW...i feel there are quite a few positives in there

doesnt change the fact we are crying out for competition/a strike partner for raul and a dynamic quick att cm
I think in the past we have let players go on loan or sale and then bring no others in .

If I am honest Ruddy gone and using someone that has never played in Prem as backup. Marcal and Saiss gone and we have signed someone with limited game time in the Prem ( yes a very good potential player hopefully in Collins has come in) But it is not striking me a we know what we are doing. Just to compare similar clubs around where we are or below us . Everton Tarkowski ( Collins was backup ) ,Newcastle Botman ( We were in for him supposedly before :) . Not saying Collins is a bad option at all but strikes me that we are reactive and not proactive at the moment and that could be said about various areas in the club . Roll back 12 months and the stadium etc . Well has that been addressed . Reactive not proactive .

Personally they were banking on Traore going and getting some funds or a swap and then Neves going . This has not happened so we just do very little .

Yes it is not easy to sign players but hasn't this been the same for 3 seasons where it was FFP ( *******s ) then oh it was hard to sign someone in the January window or we had offers in ( more *******s ) .

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some stats from WhoScored - Jimenez vs Benteke last season. Both players aged 31

Goals - Jimenez 6, Benteke 4
Minutes played - J 2,640 B 1,136
Average rating - both players got 6.66
MotM - Jimenez 1, Benteke 3
Aerials won - Jimenez 1.9, Benteke 3.4
Shots per game - Jimenez 1.7, Benteke 1.6

My own view is that we need a serious upgrade on both of them but, based on those stats. Jimenez would be a decent back-up to Benteke

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some stats from WhoScored - Jimenez vs Benteke last season. Both players aged 31

Goals - Jimenez 6, Benteke 4
Minutes played - J 2,640 B 1,136
Average rating - both players got 6.66
MotM - Jimenez 1, Benteke 3
Aerials won - Jimenez 1.9, Benteke 3.4
Shots per game - Jimenez 1.7, Benteke 1.6

My own view is that we need a serious upgrade on both of them but, based on those stats. Jimenez would be a decent back-up to Benteke
Put Jimenez in the palace side that play attacking football and he would have scored a hell of a lot more

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one else either 'apparently'.
I understand extending contacts to protect value, but this would be a real lack of signing of intent.
Unless a new slimmer Donk can start to get round the field more this season, and get some shooting and passing feet on.
Again you can say the same about any of our players.

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think in the past we have let players go on loan or sale and then bring no others in .

If I am honest Ruddy gone and using someone that has never played in Prem as backup. Marcal and Saiss gone and we have signed someone with limited game time in the Prem ( yes a very good potential player hopefully in Collins has come in) But it is not striking me a we know what we are doing. Just to compare similar clubs around where we are or below us . Everton Tarkowski ( Collins was backup ) ,Newcastle Botman ( We were in for him supposedly before :) . Not saying Collins is a bad option at all but strikes me that we are reactive and not proactive at the moment and that could be said about various areas in the club . Roll back 12 months and the stadium etc . Well has that been addressed . Reactive not proactive .

Personally they were banking on Traore going and getting some funds or a swap and then Neves going . This has not happened so we just do very little .

Yes it is not easy to sign players but hasn't this been the same for 3 seasons where it was FFP ( *******s ) then oh it was hard to sign someone in the January window or we had offers in ( more *******s ) .
i think the reason we are all losing our minds is because bruno has yet to be backed...last two windows he has asked for XYZ and nothing has happened for him...in feb obv he said he wanted all in by pre season and again he hasnt been given what he wanted...so i think we are all just wondered is this going to be the same again...lets hope they dont **** it up again..UTW

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
sun saying about benteke, remember guys play the transfer game, if the sun has leaked it right now. We arent getting them. it will be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 35.

Lets see a good performance from the lads tonight.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

(Think he means Benteke!)

Yeah, lost track of which Belgian International people were dismissing as awful.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be worse I suppose, we could be Leicester.

They can't buy anyone but partly for financial reasons and partly due to having a large squad, which is in itself also an advantage we don't have.
In other words, I understand their need to refresh the squad, but at least they don't come from a starting point of having 3 midfielders in the squad and no backup for the wingback positions...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
and how many sitters did he miss that were easier to score than miss? And a few were literally the last shot in the game before the oppo scored…. Got to the point he would miss a great chance and I said to my mate “well we are about to conceded” we actually won two in game bets doing it

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could be worse I suppose, we could be Leicester.
Yeah they are not investing and won't make a push for top 4/6 unless they improve their squad . Look at last season when Vardy was out they struggled .

Raul Struggles to score or get service we then struggle .

So good point look at Leicester they need to invest or will be around 8/14th. And that is why we will struggle again at the moment without the investment . As a couple of injuries to Raul, Neves then well its going to be tough .

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

These posts always amuse me, the idea the people running the club are genuinely idiots and most importantly, that all of this is an original thought and no one would have posted it in the thousands of posts so far

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Id disagree, ruddy has gone to blues, where sarkic was.. sarkic is 24 with a lot of high hopes.

Ruddy is on his way out, as a number 2 sarkic is an upgrade.

Collins 21 already captained a side, full international. Yes Saiss has done the same, but both saiss and marcal are on a downward turn.

Collins and RAN in my 11 vs Saiss and Marcal.

I know who i would have, and it isnt the two players with an average age over 30

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Id disagree, ruddy has gone to blues, where sarkic was.. sarkic is 24 with a lot of high hopes.

Ruddy is on his way out, as a number 2 sarkic is an upgrade.

Collins 21 already captained a side, full international. Yes Saiss has done the same, but both saiss and marcal are on a downward turn.

Collins and RAN in my 11 vs Saiss and Marcal.

I know who i would have, and it isnt the two players with an average age over 30

Sarkic also a full international, also very good at champ level before he got injured last season. Id rather an ambitious young (for a gk) player who feels he would have a genuine chance of displacing Sa than going for experienced journeyman who haven't been a no1 in years.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just for anyone who thinks I’m crazy for thinking a new signing could be announced at the friendly tomorrow, Dybala is basically being announced at tonight’s Sporting/Roma friendly.
Is their an official club statement?

I can't find one. He never was unveiled last night even though he was in the stands and every man and his dog knows it's happening.

Ragnar

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks they would announce a signing at a friendly vs Alaves is ****ing mental. I'll bet anyone a grand that it doesn't happen.

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Yeah they are not investing and won't make a push for top 4/6 unless they improve their squad . Look at last season when Vardy was out they struggled .

Raul Struggles to score or get service we then struggle .

So good point look at Leicester they need to invest or will be around 8/14th. And that is why we will struggle again at the moment without the investment . As a couple of injuries to Raul, Neves then well its going to be tough .
… and they have a shed-load of players (8 I think) in the last year of their contracts so could leave for free next summer. Awful mess potentially!

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

No keeper/player that has ever played in the prem, ever played in the prem before they played in the prem.

How do you think all the other keepers that have ever played in the league managed?

Experience of playing in the premier league is nice to have but it's really not essential, especially not for a backup keeper.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Seem to remember the same panic over a striker when Nuno took over before the Championship title winning season. Wasn't Bonitini the only actual striker on our books that season, after we let Dicko go?

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seem to remember the same panic over a striker when Nuno took over before the Championship title winning season. Wasn't Bonitini the only actual striker on our books that season, after we let Dicko go?

Jota could play up front though and also scored 17 goals that season which eased the burden on Bonatini a bit. Bonatini also played his part with his goals tally.
At the moment none of our wingers can play up front. Hwang can't play their on his own, and our only striker who can had a poor goal record last season.

Burford T Justice

Reaction score
and how many sitters did he miss that were easier to score than miss? And a few were literally the last shot in the game before the oppo scored…. Got to the point he would miss a great chance and I said to my mate “well we are about to conceded” we actually won two in game bets doing it
We conceded a goal because crystal palace missed a shot?

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People pleading desperately for us to sign a midfielder with 'legs' and 'energy' but in the same breath happy to call Dendoncker ****e.

Crikey, we'd be much worse off without having him as an option. He's not in the side to score goals but the fact he does means people slag him when he misses chances. He's not the best midfielder in the league but he's great at pressuring opponents and breaking up play, nicking the ball off them and recycling. I remember posting towards the end of last season we scored about four goals in three games from him legging it down to the corner flag to latch onto a hopeless ball and play the ball back towards the edge of the box.

Funny old world. People never happy.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Didn't we sign Bonatini the day before we opened the season against Boro as well? He scored too.

He was the best striker in the league by a distance until early December. Then became one of the worst. Strange!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

People pleading desperately for us to sign a midfielder with 'legs' and 'energy' but in the same breath happy to call Dendoncker ****e.

Crikey, we'd be much worse off without having him as an option. He's not in the side to score goals but the fact he does means people slag him when he misses chances. He's not the best midfielder in the league but he's great at pressuring opponents and breaking up play, nicking the ball off them and recycling. I remember posting towards the end of last season we scored about four goals in three games from him legging it down to the corner flag to latch onto a hopeless ball and play the ball back towards the edge of the box.

Funny old world. People never happy.
He's nowhere near as bad as people make out, he looks awkward but there were plenty of games he was as effective as Moutinho. Just looks miles worse.

Back
Top Bottom