Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I said the other day this window has been underwhelming so far like other windows . Benteke if we sign him and have loaned out Silva then I will be calling for Sellars and Shi to go .

The bloke is a carthorse as we are on about horse jokes .

Really sorry but we have opportunities to move forward. Collins is a decent prospect but I say decent .

If we want better results we need better quality. So far this pre season we have not improved any area going forward attacking where we failed last season to score goals .

So thinking benteke and similar type players are the answer I am sorry we are ****ed.
He's far better than decent he's a extremely good prospect but we need 2 more in

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This from my sources at the club. Not trying to be ITK but just posting what i hear, I don't like to mention names unless it is a Tuesday.

We will sign Collins next week for around 20 million and Fabio will join Anderlecht on loan the following week.

For all those that keep saying us ITKs know nothing. I posted this three weeks ago.

Funny how it was edited 5 mins ago. :tearsofjoy:

Pathetic, if you've gone back and changed something that no-one will remember to pretend you were ITK. Hilarious. A new low.
CelebrityWolf…are you Amber Heard?

This is a perfect example why I,like many others are massively sceptical of ANYONE with inside information. Regardless of their sources. There are so many charlatans out there offering nothing but false hope.
Amber here, has been caught out red-handed. You would have thought she would have learned.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may not be the only one but then you would not be the only one wrong. He is god dam dreadful he really, really is.

Definitely a donkey. But he can win headers and if we don't want to sign anybody or get anybody in. Could be worse

Reactions: DPE

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's far better than decent he's a extremely good prospect but we need 2 more in
I will reserve judgement until a half season in the prem as last season he was backup . One player he was backup to has gone to a club below us last season to improve them . As I said decent and will judge after half a season.

Benteke is a waste of a place a should have kept Silva imo if he did sign .

benteke needs service . Raul needed service but also created . benteke won't drop deep and go wide . So playing with 10 men imo . But will wait and see if he signs

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will reserve judgement until a half season in the prem as last season he was backup . One player he was backup to has gone to a club below us last season to improve them . As I said decent and will judge after half a season.

benteke needs service . Raul needed service but also created . benteke won't drop deep and go wide . So playing with 10 men imo . But will wait and see if he signs
You do realise you're winding yourself up about a rumour from the Sun?

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said the other day this window has been underwhelming so far like other windows . Benteke if we sign him and have loaned out Silva then I will be calling for Sellars and Shi to go .

The bloke is a carthorse as we are on about horse jokes .

Really sorry but we have opportunities to move forward. Collins is a decent prospect but I say decent .

If we want better results we need better quality. So far this pre season we have not improved any area going forward attacking where we failed last season to score goals .

So thinking benteke and similar type players are the answer I am sorry we are ****ed.
You know it's the sun right? Why are you acting like it's already happened?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He was their standout performer from time he got in side, and a top 6 club game in for him.

Very highly rated prospect

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

This is a perfect example why I,like many others are massively sceptical of ANYONE with inside information. Regardless of their sources. There are so many charlatans out there offering nothing but false hope.
Amber here, has been caught out red-handed. You would have thought she would have learned.
A little more black on the collar and cuffs and it's banging.

Also Wolves will sign Nathan Collins from Burnley (he's not there yet, I know. But that will happen too) in July 2022. You heard it here first. ITK innit.
I actually called the Collins transfer 2 years ago in the new kit thread. Check it out if you like.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the response to the Benteke 'rumour' just shows how desperate we all are for signings. Had he been 'linked' with us at the start of the window; there would have been uproar. The fact that some see him as decent and could do a job, shows just how far our ambitions have fallen. Thank you Fosun and Shi!

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My frustration is this time last year it was Bruno ball attacking football we were led to believe. The reality was crap ball and boring football by the end of the season. We have not improved any attacking area in the window . Yes we have time but we said that 5/4/3/2/1 weeks ago and players need time to settle and gel in a formation.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
for those of us without a subscription to the athletic can you explain why Leicester aren’t signing players!
If you have an iPhone, you can just click “reader mode” on safari to bypass the paywall.

In short, they don’t have money, no one wants to buy their players, they have a bloated squad, and everyone’s wages are too high.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would be great. We are the only club to make a bid for Nunes allegedly, and while he is still at Sporting there is always the chance.

But ...(sorry, can't help it, the right side of my brain says there has to be a but) ..., Sporting sold Darwin for megabucks so don't need to sell, Nunes wants to join a bigger club, and unless we sell someone, I don't think we can afford him.

I don't like Dzeko or that easter island statue excuse of a forward that plays for Palace. Too old, too crap. Would be very happy with Ramos but for similar reasons to Nunes, can't see him coming here now.

We made £20m profit last year, and spent £20m on Collins, which leaves us with... not a lot. So, best we can hope for is a couple of loan to buy youngsters, arriving in August.

Sorry. If you don't like it you can always ignore and follow Yout.
I'd take Dzeko all day (wages could be a huge problem), the issue with Dzeko is you'd have to give him the service, do that and he'd be a very good signing in my opinion and one which would really make the loaning out of Silva make a lot of sense because Silva wouldn't get a great deal of game time with Raúl and Dzeko around. Probably a bit of a pipe dream though!

Regarding what we have to spend, it was mentioned a while back that we could do around £30m in terms of a net spend and while none of us will likely ever be totally up to date with Wolves' finances or truly know what's available, £30m seems about right. We've brought in Collins for a decent fee but we've also cashed in on Vinagre and cleared quite a bit in wages so I think there's probably enough scope there for another sizeable fee before we're looking at frees or sell to buy

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take Dzeko all day (wages could be a huge problem), the issue with Dzeko is you'd have to give him the service, do that and he'd be a very good signing in my opinion and one which would really make the loaning out of Silva make a lot of sense because Silva wouldn't get a great deal of game time with Raúl and Dzeko around. Probably a bit of a pipe dream though!

Regarding what we have to spend, it was mentioned a while back that we could do around £30m in terms of a net spend and while none of us will likely ever be totally up to date with Wolves' finances or truly know what's available, £30m seems about right. We've brought in Collins for a decent fee but we've also cashed in on Vinagre and cleared quite a bit in wages so I think there's probably enough scope there for another sizeable fee before we're looking at frees or sell to buy
I'm told it doesn't work that way. We can spend what we like so long as we chalk it up at ten bob a year.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you have an iPhone, you can just click “reader mode” on safari to bypass the paywall.

In short, they don’t have money, no one wants to buy their players, they have a bloated squad, and everyone’s wages are too high.
Also have a midfielder they paid a lot of money for going into the final year of his contract and refusing to sign a new deal

Maybe what most people have seen as really shrewd running of the club over the past few years has been underpinned by them actually stretching themselves to their limit and gambling on no big losses

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

They do it because they enjoy all the attention others give them, sad really. Wolves keep things very close to their chest and it's normally someone nobody's been talking about. We'll just all have to keep our fingers crossed and be patient I'm afraid.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also have a midfielder they paid a lot of money for going into the final year of his contract and refusing to sign a new deal

Maybe what most people have seen as really shrewd running of the club over the past few years has been underpinned by them actually stretching themselves to their limit and gambling on no big losses
Not just Tielemans:

“Tielemans is one of 10 players now in the final year of their contracts. Caglar Soyuncu, Ayoze Perez, Daniel Amartey, Mendy, Choudhury, Ryan Bertrand, Jamie Vardy, Jonny Evans and captain Kasper Schmeichel will all be free agents next summer as things stand.”

As someone in the comments has mentioned, despite generally being perceived to have done good business every year, the build up of duds in the squad on good money who don’t want to/can’t be moved on has built up and is resulting in a bloated squad that needs a refresh but they’re unable to because of the amount of money tied up in wages.

This is the thing when people complain about their own clubs business in comparison to [insert club here], you only really look that what they did right compared to the full picture of your own club.

Also, as that clubs day in the sun falls away you expect your club to now be as good as the next one to come through and have a purple period.

It was Southampton, now doing a Southampton isn’t a good thing anymore apparently, then it was Leicester, that’s turning too. Currently it’s West Ham. Next will be Villa/Newcastle if they get their recruitment right or perhaps Brighton if they can progress again this season despite us leapfrogging all of those clubs in recent years.

The reality is for any club outside of the top 6 it’s incredibly difficult to bridge the gap or even sustain your place as best of the rest, even when you do throw money at it.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Not just Tielemans:

“Tielemans is one of 10 players now in the final year of their contracts. Caglar Soyuncu, Ayoze Perez, Daniel Amartey, Mendy, Choudhury, Ryan Bertrand, Jamie Vardy, Jonny Evans and captain Kasper Schmeichel will all be free agents next summer as things stand.”

As someone in the comments has mentioned, despite generally being perceived to have done good business every year, the build up of duds in the squad on good money who don’t want to/can’t be moved on has built up and is resulting in a bloated squad that needs a refresh but they’re unable to because of the amount of money tied up in wages.

This is the thing when people complain about their own clubs business in comparison to [insert club here], you only really look that what they did right compared to the full picture of your own club.

Also, as that clubs day in the sun falls away you expect your club to now be as good as the next one to come through and have a purple period.

It was Southampton, now doing a Southampton isn’t a good thing anymore apparently, then it was Leicester, that’s turning too. Currently it’s West Ham. Next will be Villa/Newcastle if they get their recruitment right or perhaps Brighton if they can progress again this season despite us leapfrogging all of those clubs in recent years.

The reality is for any club outside of the top 6 it’s incredibly difficult to bridge the gap or even sustain your place as best of the rest, even when you do throw money at it.
It's why when people say we were poised to break into the champions league are totally delusional. It is basically impossible to do it more than perhaps once

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Was told £30ishM was the figure before the window, posted it somewhere on here I believe.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Briefly moving away from the pressing topic of gay horses…

I’ve been a bit of a pant wetter this window but even I refuse to believe that we’ve let Fabio go out on loan without having agreed a deal for somebody to come in who would have been above him in the pecking order. I’ve moaned about Shi and Sellars but there’s no way on earth that a decent forward isn’t coming in shortly.

Pecking order.We ay gone on to chickens have we,I was enjoying the horsey jokes. :p

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's why when people say we were poised to break into the champions league are totally delusional. It is basically impossible to do it more than perhaps once
Yep, Leicester won the league, went in to the knockouts of the CL and have had several runs in the lower European competitions and yet they’re now as far away as they have been from the top 6 in a few years when in theory they could have solidified their place and made it a top 7 by now according to some.

You either need to blow £100m’s and get your recruitment spot on for years to bridge the gap (Man City, maybe Newcastle, we’ll see) or recruit well and keep your squad and costs lean so you avoid taking big losses and settle yourself as a mid table team who have a run at Europe every so often.

Even the latter is difficult to do because whilst there’s 6 clubs above you, there’s conceivably a dozen or more (some not even in the PL right now) who will all believe their club can be the one to make themselves perennially top half.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not just Tielemans:

That's a very eloquent, well structured post. After reading it I had to double check that I was on Molineux Mix

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yep, Leicester won the league, went in to the knockouts of the CL and have had several runs in the lower European competitions and yet they’re now as far away as they have been from the top 6 in a few years when in theory they could have solidified their place and made it a top 7 by now according to some.

You either need to blow £100m’s and get your recruitment spot on for years to bridge the gap (Man City, maybe Newcastle, we’ll see) or recruit well and keep your squad and costs lean so you avoid taking big losses and settle yourself as a mid table team who have a run at Europe every so often.

Even the latter is difficult to do because whilst there’s 6 clubs above you, there’s conceivably a dozen or more (some not even in the PL right now) who will all believe their club can be the one to make themselves perennially top half.
Yup, and when they did win the league and get into the Champions League the big boys picked off their best players. Some made the argument our best ones would still have stayed

Back
Top Bottom