Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never thought I'd post this, but with all the pathetic horse related humour I'd welcome the return of Yout85 or even rumours from this year's ITKs.
And this from a Wolf whose name is a virtual anagram of Horse ;)

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's right though. Its desperate and not even very funny.
Shows how desperate fans are for news.

Not good this very late transfer activity (if any).
Manager needs time to bed players in properly and know what he is working with.
Collins is a great bit of business, so credit there to the club, but the lateness is desperate and smacks of lack of strategy.

I truly believe Nunes is the 'hide-behind' move that we have become accustomed to see.
That would be great. We are the only club to make a bid for Nunes allegedly, and while he is still at Sporting there is always the chance.

But ...(sorry, can't help it, the right side of my brain says there has to be a but) ..., Sporting sold Darwin for megabucks so don't need to sell, Nunes wants to join a bigger club, and unless we sell someone, I don't think we can afford him.

I don't like Dzeko or that easter island statue excuse of a forward that plays for Palace. Too old, too crap. Would be very happy with Ramos but for similar reasons to Nunes, can't see him coming here now.

We made £20m profit last year, and spent £20m on Collins, which leaves us with... not a lot. So, best we can hope for is a couple of loan to buy youngsters, arriving in August.

Sorry. If you don't like it you can always ignore and follow Yout.

Reactions: DPE

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where did you get that info from?

It was reported wasn't it that he wanted two years of the same wage but we was only interested in offering him 1.

Then when he was signed, it said he came back as he was told he'd be a major player for us this season

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all those that keep saying us ITKs know nothing. I posted this three weeks ago.
We should have guessed you were itk by your name. You can look forward to a van load of disciples outside your house wearing I love Celebrity Wolf T-shirts.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon this arsenal outcast could do a job for us Lucas Torreira probably wouldn’t cost the earth either

R

reanswolf

That would be great. We are the only club to make a bid for Nunes allegedly, and while he is still at Sporting there is always the chance.

But ...(sorry, can't help it, the right side of my brain says there has to be a but) ..., Sporting sold Darwin for megabucks so don't need to sell, Nunes wants to join a bigger club, and unless we sell someone, I don't think we can afford him.

I don't like Dzeko or that easter island statue excuse of a forward that plays for Palace. Too old, too crap. Would be very happy with Ramos but for similar reasons to Nunes, can't see him coming here now.

We made £20m profit last year, and spent £20m on Collins, which leaves us with... not a lot. So, best we can hope for is a couple of loan to buy youngsters, arriving in August.

Why would I put you ignore?

Its just a discussion about transfers, it's not your fault if we don't strengthen in key areas.
None of us know what will happen.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how it was edited 5 mins ago. :tearsofjoy:

Pathetic, if you've gona back and changed something that no-one will remember to pretend you were ITK. Hilarious. A new low.
To be fair, I did read several weeks ago that we were after Collins. Can't remember where mind, but it could well have been here.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would I put you ignore?

Its just a discussion about transfers, it's not your fault if we don't strengthen in key areas.
None of us know what will happen.
Well, it would be my fault if I was Shi in disguise.

I'm not by the way.

Madmalc

Reaction score
Would Hwang be ahead of silva as a centre forward right now?
I’m not sure, don’t think there would be much in it either way.

But IF the plan is to have Hwang as competition with Jimenez, we’d probably need a new wide player now chiquinho is injured and especially when/if Traore goes.
Theo Corbeanu is in Spain.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would Hwang be ahead of silva as a centre forward right now?
I’m not sure, don’t think there would be much in it either way.

But IF the plan is to have Hwang as competition with Jimenez, we’d probably need a new wide player now chiquinho is injured and especially when/if Traore goes.
If that’s the plan well we need a better plan.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is all I'll say on the whole ITK debate.

Football is a workplace and, broader than that, a pretty small community. In any industry you get people who gossip, who share info, and who have opinions about what their employer is up to. And like any industry, that info will vary from person to person and sometimes be wholly contradictory. Go to the pub with a shelf stacker from a supermarket, you'll get opinions about what's going on in the shop. Go to the pub with a shift leader you'll get different opinions. Go to the pub with the manager you'll get different opinions again. Are any of those opinions right or wrong? Depends. Is the information they pass on about changes to the company going to be 100% nailed on? Not ever.

A friend of mine is working on a tv show that's set to start filming soon. Each time we talk, plans have radically changed. Someone who was CONTRACTED to do a thing is nolonger doing the thing. Someone they'd never thought to approach in the first place is now thinking over an offer. Things change.

Some people doubtless come here to make up info and have fun watching what happens. Others get genuine snippets and pass them on. Others still will have pretty solid info but, because of how they get that info, would never dream of sharing it on a messageboard. And even the most genuine info is prone to change at a moment's notice if Scott Dann picks up the phone at the wrong moment or Greg Halford tweets out something stupid. Or whatever the reason the Nick Powell thing got called off even after he was in being photographed in the shirt - I forget the reason.

We all chip in on threads about RUMOURS. We should take them for what they are and not get angry if they don't pan out. Just enjoy the ride.
So basically no one knows anything, got ya.

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But ...(sorry, can't help it, the right side of my brain says there has to be a but) ..., Sporting sold Darwin for megabucks so don't need to sell, Nunes wants to join a bigger club

Darwin Nunez was at Benfica not sporting

That’s not how the finances work. The cost of an incoming player is spread over the length of the contract, so Collins cost us about £5million on this years accounts plus wages etc.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Benteke makes sense. Not saying I want the signing. But he's a Target man that knows the league, available and can cover us upfront. Not going to be great but not many are better then him in the air.
I think Benteke would be solid. I don't think we will sign him but I'd like us to have a solid second choice striker at the club

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
I think Benteke would be solid. I don't think we will sign him but I'd like us to have a solid second choice striker at the club
A motivated Benteke is a top class powerful striker who will score goals, hold the ball up and bring others into play. Its motivating him that is the problem, and Palace fans get behind their team.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Benteke makes sense as a cheap short term solution to cover Raul as long as we can somehow manufacture some goals from our other forwards with a change in system/tactics.

Hopefully it frees up more funds for a centre-mid.

I wouldn't be relying on him to lead the line for the long term but you never know, he might find some form because many moons ago he was pretty good.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was on a free and reasonable wages I don’t actually think Benteke would be a terrible signing. We could do with a target man that brings into play the like of Neto, Podence, Chiquinho (when fit), Traore - if he’s still here.

Can’t see it happening though, think it’s clearly a lazy piece of internet journalism putting 2 + 2 together.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I the only one that thinks Benteke makes sense. Not saying I want the signing. But he's a Target man that knows the league, available and can cover us upfront. Not going to be great but not many are better then him in the air.

I’d of preferred Origi but I can definitely see what your saying. Also I could see Jimenez playing just off him in a 442 .

I actually think we might sign a top player to play instead of/compete with Jimenez; rather than looking for some bargain backup!

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may not be the only one but then you would not be the only one wrong. He is god dam dreadful he really, really is.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Briefly moving away from the pressing topic of gay horses…

I’ve been a bit of a pant wetter this window but even I refuse to believe that we’ve let Fabio go out on loan without having agreed a deal for somebody to come in who would have been above him in the pecking order. I’ve moaned about Shi and Sellars but there’s no way on earth that a decent forward isn’t coming in shortly.
Quite right Ned. No way Silva goes without backup incoming. Not like Shi to put the cart before the horse like that.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could do with a Firmino or target man, so goal stats not so important..... Raul is underated in that regard despite me and everyone thinking he's slightly past it after his injury.
On holiday so only catching up every 10 pages!!! Forgive the naive tactics!

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shrewd leak from the boys.
They know that when we don’t sign anyone there will be sighs of relief all around and people will be saying “it could have been worse, we could have signed Benteke”

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said the other day this window has been underwhelming so far like other windows . Benteke if we sign him and have loaned out Silva then I will be calling for Sellars and Shi to go .

The bloke is a carthorse as we are on about horse jokes .

Really sorry but we have opportunities to move forward. Collins is a decent prospect but I say decent .

If we want better results we need better quality. So far this pre season we have not improved any area going forward attacking where we failed last season to score goals .

So thinking benteke and similar type players are the answer I am sorry we are ****ed.

Back
Top Bottom