Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The FA Cup Quarter Finals

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves, Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd please. I live in the North East and don't want any scenario in which we play Newcastle at Wembley.

Going to be a tough weekend

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the semi final teams will be
Wolves, Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree every team in the world needs luck to be on side to beat Manchester City when they are in full flow, its felt like they haven't been as good this year but they still have 8 or 9 match winners in the squad even "average" (although world class) city players like Grealish,Silva, Alvarez can still single handedly win games.

You mention De Bryne who was missing when we beat them but I also don't think they had Rodri who nulifys alot of counter attacks which limits any teams game plan.
Not as good and yet still clearly the best team in the world.

It’s ridiculous really.

In any other league they would be 10+ points clear.

I think that’s the great thing about the Prem in that they can be beaten by a lot of the teams in their day and the fact they are so good raises the quality of all the teams in the league making it the most competitive on the planet.

I wonder where Celtic and Rangers would fit? Notice how there’s no talk of them joining the PL anymore. Think l would put them top half of the Championship, although Rangers are doing OK in Europe this year

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I said, what I'd like to see, Coventry is going to be a very difficult match
Where did all this negativity come from? We are 8th in the Premier league playing the best football in years. At home. We should go into this one with confidence.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where did all this negativity come from? We are 8th in the Premier league playing the best football in years. At home. We should go into this one with confidence.
The injuries l guess although l agree with you. Confidence but not complacency is the order of the day.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we are Wolves fans, when has life ever been easy? It's always basically by the length of our ********.

I'd just love for a really comfortable victory so I can enjoy the weekend with the misses.

Rowzed

Reaction score
Not as good and yet still clearly the best team in the world.

It’s ridiculous really.

In any other league they would be 10+ points clear.

I think that’s the great thing about the Prem in that they can be beaten by a lot of the teams in their day and the fact they are so good raises the quality of all the teams in the league making it the most competitive on the planet.

I wonder where Celtic and Rangers would fit? Notice how there’s no talk of them joining the PL anymore. Think l would put them top half of the Championship, although Rangers are doing OK in Europe this year
The problem they would face is 38 highly competitive games, and clubs bigger than theirs. It takes some adjusting even for top players from the Spanish League

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
we tend to struggle against lower league opponents even without injuries to key players

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I very much doubt that Gary O‘Neil will take anything for granted. It will be a tough game, but I think Wolves will win, possibly 2 - 0.

With regards to the other games:

Chelsea 3 - 1 Leicester City
Manchester City 2 - 0 Newcastle United
Manchester United 1 - 3 Liverpool

This looks like a sensible set of predictions.

Only one I would not like to put a quid on is the Manc/Scouse game.
There is an edge to this fixture in any competition. So 1-1 and God knows after that.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's ain't many wolves fans left who have seen us win a semi final of a fa cup.....

I'm on 5-0 as well ...
Yes, scary that.
It's a bit like those veterans of war who proudly pass down Whitehall on Remembrance Sunday. As time goes on, the number gets smaller.
Even those of us who've experienced a Sherpa Van, Texaco Cup, League Cup or UEFA Cup Final are diminishing in numbers as the years pass.
Bout time we added a piece of Silverware to our cabinet.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, scary that.
It's a bit like those veterans of war who proudly pass down Whitehall on Remembrance Sunday. As time goes on, the number gets smaller.
Even those of us who've experienced a Sherpa Van, Texaco Cup, League Cup or UEFA Cup Final are diminishing in numbers as the years pass.
Bout time we added a piece of Silverware to our cabinet.
Technically I cheated with 5-0......cause I was counting the replay against spurs at Highbury.... actually I'm 4 losses , 1 draw ..

I would just take another jolly up round Europe....be happy then.....we are owed it surely after the last one being taken away from us before it's conclusion......

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Technically I cheated with 5-0......cause I was counting the replay against spurs at Highbury.... actually I'm 4 losses , 1 draw ..

I would just take another jolly up round Europe....be happy then.....we are owed it surely after the last one being taken away from us before it's conclusion......
Agree.
That last sojourn onto foreign soil was most enjoyable.

Back
Top Bottom