Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The FA Cup Quarter Finals

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So up next a big weekend, what do we want / fancy?

Game on.

Wolves 3 v 1 Coventry

Man City 1 v 1 Newcastle AET ( Newcastle win on pens)

Chelsea 1 v 2 Leicester

Man U 2 v 1 Liverpool

Come on me babbies.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Game on.

Wolves 3 v 1 Coventry

Chelsea 1 v 2 Leicester

Man U 2 v 1 Liverpool

Come on me babbies.
Think you may have been a tad optimistic there Artic.

Surely Newcastle will beat City in normal time…

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be a tough game against Coventry,and we shouldnt be taking anything for granted
We have lost to much worse teams in the cup before now
Our injuries will be a leveller,but we should still have enough to get through hopefully but im taking nothing as a given

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coventry will be a lot tougher than people think, they will be well up for it.

Hoping of course we progress, I would be happy with anyone in the Semi Final except Man City or Liverpool.
Whilst Wolves have injury issues perhaps Coventry will have at least one eye on the chance of a play off place.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst Wolves have injury issues perhaps Coventry will have at least one eye on the chance of a play off place.
I doubt it - l remember how many times a Cup run derailed our promotion push in the past.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What I'd like to see, Wolves, Leicester, City & Pool, we draw Leicester and win & Pool beat City then we go and batter Pool in the final, I can but dream
It would be entertaining to beat Liverpool in the FA Cup final and again last match of the season to prevent them winning the PL.

Noah would be on ark building duty given the amount of Scouse tears that would result....

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
What I'd like to see, Wolves, Leicester, City & Pool, we draw Leicester and win & Pool beat City then we go and batter Pool in the final, I can but dream
Let’s hope Gary doesn’t have this complacency attitude. Coventry ain’t going to roll over for us
As a championship side we have knocked out premier league side. I really hate this idea that we are already through

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let’s hope Gary doesn’t have this complacency attitude. Coventry ain’t going to roll over for us
As a championship side we have knocked out premier league side. I really hate this idea that we are already through
To be fair l read Netherton's post as hopeful rather than complacent. Cov haven't played anyone above struggling Chump level in the Cup so far this year but I certainly expect them to give us a game.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I looked up 'football fan after a win' in the dictionary and that was the definition.

I checked 'football fan after a defeat' and it said disrespectful and over pessimistic'.
Haha I’m usually optimistic but it’s really annoying me that people are talking about Wembley before we’ve got there. We could easily lose to Coventry

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disrespectful and over optimistic
Yes. The complacency is strong here and on other places like the Wolves Reddit.

I hope the team don’t reflect the taken for granted bordering on arrogance of some of our fans

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
As I said, what I'd like to see, Coventry is going to be a very difficult match

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Game on.

Wolves 3 v 1 Coventry

Chelsea 1 v 2 Leicester

Man U 2 v 1 Liverpool

Come on me babbies.
Leicester beats MU and we beat Newc in the semis, I know, I know.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Leicester beats MU and we beat Newc in the semis, I know, I know.
I want to meet Lesta in the semi. Will be sweet getting revenge for all the times they have beaten us at the KP when they didn’t deserve it. Doubly sweet living in Leicestershire

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I very much doubt that Gary O‘Neil will take anything for granted. It will be a tough game, but I think Wolves will win, possibly 2 - 0.

With regards to the other games:

Chelsea 3 - 1 Leicester City
Manchester City 2 - 0 Newcastle United
Manchester United 1 - 3 Liverpool

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think it will be easy, for sure.
I do think there's a strength at the heart of our team that will overcome most opponents when we use it well
We are at our home, at Molineux
If we have the right attitude of respect for the opponents and absolute commitment to our team, we have a great chance.
Another defining moment for this new team. Been pretty impressive so far.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not going to be complacency, it's going to be quality.

Let's be realistic, we're highly likely to score 0 to 2 goals in this game because our attack is so blunt. To get two, like Saturday, we might need a massive slice of luck and one fires in off someone's **** again.

Stating the obvious but if we're struggling for goals, it's going to be a close game. Go a goal down, and we're in massive trouble.

Point is, I hope complacency isn't blamed if we don't go through. These players and staff have shown over six months that effort and application won't be a problem.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not very confident at all. They have been scoring, and we are likely to seriously hampered by injury.

We should be strong enough in defence, but we all know a dodgy penalty, defensive howler, or a worldie strike can lead to a goal - or we might just play badly and get beaten by the better side.

Having said all that we should still have enough - just. But this is going to be a very difficult game.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any win will do. Worry about the draw afterwards!

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not very confident at all. They have been scoring, and we are likely to seriously hampered by injury.

We should be strong enough in defence, but we all know a dodgy penalty, defensive howler, or a worldie strike can lead to a goal - or we might just play badly and get beaten by the better side.

Having said all that we should still have enough - just. But this is going to be a very difficult game.
They beat Maidstone, Rotherham and Watford and lost to Boggies. Yes they scored 5 in 2 of those games but a Championship side should score that many against the likes of Maidstone. Ipswich would have done except the keeper was having a worldie and they forgot their shooting boots. Rotherham are shocking and Watford haven’t won at home (or at all) since something like November.

Our midfield will be far superior to theirs. Yes they can score from a worldie, dodgy penalty etc but so can we. If our mind set is right it will be an extremely difficult game for Coventry. That and a decent atmosphere in Molineux as well.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Crap kick off time but I'm sure Molineux will be well up for this, and if the players are showing any complacency then that should wake them up from it. If we play well we'll win. But by no means is it a formality.

I expect Man City and Chelsea to get through. And I've a feeling Man Utd will beat Liverpool.

Rendering a semi final draw with the ABC mindset - Anyone But City.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In case anyone hasn't mentioned it, Coventry is going to be a tough game.
Or as Nuno always used to put it, a "tough tough tough game".

I reckon when he used to go to the dentist it was too get a "tooth tooth tooth" removed.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course we can't take this for granted, and yes we've got injuries, and yes it's the Cup and strange things happen. But I can't believe how many people are making out that a middling Championship team are actually any good!!

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Of course we can't take this for granted, and yes we've got injuries, and yes it's the Cup and strange things happen. But I can't believe how many people are making out that a middling Championship team are actually any good!!
Ipswich beat us

Back
Top Bottom