Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The F****** Verdict: Scousers

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good rear guard effort from the lads. Probably get a point if RAN stays on.

Bottom line is 1 goal in 5 games. 12 in 15 all season. Won’t get too far like that. Manager is doing his best but squad is well short of competing.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
Hoever is gash, supposed to be a defender, 5 ****ing minutes.
When you have not played much and you are expected to come on in the last few minutes of a finely balanced match against one of the best teams in the world and against a superb player it is extremely difficult. I know it hurts but give him some slack.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Little real attacking intent, balls to one man and hoping it works, all emphasis on defense.

But you are correct, at least with long balls, throws and physical tactics, Stoke did make goals.
You sound a little like the Liverpool fan I know who texted me after the game. How dare you set up to try to nullify a team who have been scoring for fun!
I think we all agree we need reinforcements to give us some different options but the manager has not been backed yet.
I will reserve judgement until then, but to compare the likes of proper footballers like Neves, Moutinho and Jimenez to that Stoke side is ridiculous.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My 0-1 prediction was right. A winning team find a way to win in the end despite Wolves 'heroic defending', to paraphrase the BBC website. Almost the first team to keep Liverpool to nil this season so that is something.

When the 'unlucky, well-played' back slaps are complete it is now 3 games in a row without a goal and one goal in 5. But no-one expected anything other than a Liverpool win today so onto the next game, which is most likely to be another defensive effort and a nil goal return for us seeing as it's Man Citeh. We're then away at Brighton so a chance of a point at least and perhaps a goal. Or two!

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
I’m not sure we set out to be negative. We tried multiple times to play out from the back in the first half and ended up being closed down quickly and losing possession. Our main threat seemed to be to play it long and try and get Adama or Raul to run onto something and get behind them.

Liverpool to a good job of boxing us in and we gradually fell deeper and deeper. With Neto and possibly Podence I think we may of had more of an out ball. But at the moment the gap in quality between the sides showed.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You sound a little like the Liverpool fan I know who texted me after the game. How dare you set up to try to nullify a team who have been scoring for fun!
I think we all agree we need reinforcements to give us some different options but the manager has not been backed yet.
I will reserve judgement until then, but to compare the likes of proper footballers like Neves, Moutinho and Jimenez to that Stoke side is ridiculous.
No I sound a Wolves fan who would like a bit of entertainment.

Reinforcement runs slightly thin when we show the intent against Norwich as we did Liverpool.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa - 7 - superb for the most part, got away with one big time though thanks to Coady

Saiss - 7 - Did well along with RAN to keep Trent and Salah quiet
Coady - 8 - Thought he was brilliant, and what a block on the line
Kilman - 8 - The lad is the real deal, superb again

Semedo - 6 - Did well defensively but in the first half he couldn’t stop giving the ball away
RAN - 9 - MOTM, absolutely brilliant defensive performance, keeping the best player in the league really quiet. If he stays on, we get a point

Neves - 7 - Good battling performance
Donck - 6.5 - As above but I’ve taken 0.5 off for shooting from 35 yards when we were on a break

Hwang - 5 - Good pressing but I do think he lacks technical quality. First touch is poor and he has a tendency to put us in trouble with a rogue touch/pass
Adama - 7 - Our only threat, they couldn’t handle him and resorted to taking it in turns hacking him down
Raul - 5 - Given a thankless task and absolutely no service

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't fault the effort today, particularly on a defensive front but for as long as you fail to score a goal, you'll lose games when you concede even only one, proven by several 1-0 defeats this season, many of which where we were the better side. Whether it be Liverpool, Norwich or Burnley etc, we are woeful going forwards! 12 goals in 15 games and 3 of them came at Villa, so that's 9 in the other 14, that's abysmal!
I accept that Bruno's options are fairly limited with regards to squad size at the moment but his in-game management is also largely **** poor!

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure we set out to be negative. We tried multiple times to play out from the back in the first half and ended up being closed down quickly and losing possession. Our main threat seemed to be to play it long and try and get Adama or Raul to run onto something and get behind them.

Liverpool to a good job of boxing us in and we gradually fell deeper and deeper. With Neto and possibly Podence I think we may of had more of an out ball. But at the moment the gap in quality between the sides showed.
To be fair, this is a common pattern of Wolves play no matter who the opponents are. We seem to drop deeper with around 20-30 minutes to go almost as if we've expended all our energy and will have to settle for whatever the score is at that time!

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it weren't for the South Bank, Molineux would be a morgue! Good on the South Bank. Old gold's finest. Boo Jota and boo ****ing Liverpool!
Yes at least we made some noise!! In fairness I saw 6 blokes in J9 clapping when I looked over.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was certain I was going to see Sa sweep up for the ball over the top to Salah for goal and was very surprised he stayed on his line. Haven’t seen it back though so I could be well off

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
To be fair, this is a common pattern of Wolves play no matter who the opponents are. We seem to drop deeper with around 20-30 minutes to go almost as if we've expended all our energy and will have to settle for whatever the score is at that time!
And if that’s a pattern then we need Adama then more than earlier in a game.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My verdict, a happy ending for some of the posters on the Mix when the scouse ****ers scored in the 94th ****ing minute. Me, I’m gutted and ****ed off.
What do you mean happy ending for some mixers????

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't fault the effort today, particularly on a defensive front but for as long as you fail to score a goal, you'll lose games when you concede even only one, proven by several 1-0 defeats this season, many of which where we were the better side. Whether it be Liverpool, Norwich or Burnley etc, we are woeful going forwards! 12 goals in 15 games and 3 of them came at Villa, so that's 9 in the other 14, that's abysmal!
I accept that Bruno's options are fairly limited with regards to squad size at the moment but his in-game management is also largely **** poor!
Put in that context it really is quite shocking! Bruno was quite public about how we don't score enough goals but it has gotten worse under his tenure so far, compared to last season. Can't see us scoring v Man City so our first chance of a goal will be against Brighton who are not exactly prolific themselves.

T

TheConcourse

Same scenario in every game? If you’re happy with Semedo for nearly £30M then good for you but pardon me for wanting a bit more bang for the buck
Fee is totally irrelevant. It’s a number. You happy with Hoever for £10m? Happy with Adama for £18m? Happy with Kilman for pennies?

It’s irrelevant. A club wanted a number, we paid it, you’re being blinded by it. He’s been outstanding this season, defensively.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Gutted the way we lost.

Good defensively but poor attacking.

Really annoyed with Hoever, first by falling over and giving the ball to them when he should have passed to Raul who would have killed the game. Secondly jogging back and letting the ball get to Salah.

RAN was terrific.

Reaction score
Was a big Semedo critic last season but you have to give credit, hes been great defensively this season.

Weirdly think hes reversed a bit from last year, what i mean is he is great defensively but lacks any kind of presence going forward?
Certainly lacks killer instinct when near opposition box.

But defensively has been brilliant recently so fair play.
He’s like a rabbit caught in the headlights anytime he gets near the opposition’s box - not impressed.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are so many mixers getting all worked up that Jota got jeered? It's a well known way of putting a player off his game and worked, judging by that stinker of a miss! Boo Jota. Boo! I'm class-less and proud of it, class-less and proud of it, class-less and proud of it, class-less and proud of it!

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also, can’t believe the south bank knuckle draggers who booed Jota. Classless pricks.
I agree. I was okay with the move, and very happy with the fee, but it's not like he spat out his dummy and demanded a move. Gave us some great memories, and gave 100% in a Wolves shirt, and I'd have thought he would have been surprised by the boos.

T

TheConcourse

He’s like a rabbit caught in the headlights anytime he gets near the opposition’s box - not impressed.
He’s a ****ing right back. What are you expecting? His assist/goals record has always been ****.

You might want to start criticising our actual attackers near the box, who by the way, are contributing nothing.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang needs dropping for a few games and we need to hold fire until the summer on the option we have. There’s a player there but he’s offered nothing other than hard work since Leeds. He’s been awful the last few games and really needs dropping, give him a chance from the bench.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well after that performance I can see a queue of clubs trying to sign Semedo in the January window.

I assume that’s a sarcastic comment.

Semedo had Robertson, Mane and Jota to contend with. He was at worst steady and at best excellent.

A few iffy moments but he was part of a very well organised defensive unit.

I can’t believe that Semedo continues to be a scapegoat whether we win, lose or draw.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the basis he defended against Mane, Robertson and Jota, on his own, whilst Traore did **** all to help him, I thought his performance today was remarkable.
So did I. Going to a back four won't be a problem to our fullbacks I'm sure.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree. I was okay with the move, and very happy with the fee, but it's not like he spat out his dummy and demanded a move. Gave us some great memories, and gave 100% in a Wolves shirt, and I'd have thought he would have been surprised by the boos.
It was a disgrace. I’m actually ashamed of them, it made me angry to the point that I wouldn’t have begrudged him scoring and sssshing them.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fee is totally irrelevant. It’s a number. You happy with Hoever for £10m? Happy with Adama for £18m? Happy with Kilman for pennies?

It’s irrelevant. A club wanted a number, we paid it, you’re being blinded by it. He’s been outstanding this season, defensively.
We will have to agree to disagree then chap

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty of plastic scousers in the home end thanks to the new member scheme. Bull****.
Hope to god they toned down the celebrations when the ****s scored? Also, why weren't they booted out?

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
It was a disgrace. I’m actually ashamed of them, it made me angry to the point that I wouldn’t have begrudged him scoring and sssshing them.
I didn't boo but I wouldn't get too worked up about it. He is after all an opposition player.

I did clap him off...

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang needs dropping for a few games and we need to hold fire until the summer on the option we have. There’s a player there but he’s offered nothing other than hard work since Leeds. He’s been awful the last few games and really needs dropping, give him a chance from the bench.
When I read reports like this I can't help but wonder why all our forwards bar Raul fail to live up to expectations and drift away from the team sooner or later. It can't be all down to the players themselves, surely? Poor Silva seems to have been pulled aside to protect him from the older boys until he grows enough.

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Defensively excellent, limiting probably the best team in Europe to not a lot of chances. Think Lage got the game plan spot on but the execution of the ball into the channels was poor all day...and the constant offsides linked to it. I thought Rayan would get battered by Salah but hats off to him, he was excellent. I think it'll be much of the same against city, we have to just be better on the counter attack.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do people keep blaming taking Traore off as some kind of tactical error ffs :tearsofjoy:

It was the 88th minute, Liverpool were attacking when he was on and they continued attacking when he was off, it had literally **** all to do with anything today. Hoever came on and didn't have time to find his rhythm and got done by arguably the best player in the world right now, simple as that.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul?? How about Hoever!! Leaving his post and going off on a ****ing jolly up the pitch.

You don’t leave the current best player in the world (Salah) on his own when you’ve been brought on to see the game out. Absolutely idiotic.
Agreed. But don't scream for a free kick when your teammate has fallen over and allow the opposition to counter. Both at fault. Hoever was on his **** which meant he couldn't get back. Raùl stood still and screamed for a foul. He should have picked the ball up and ran in the corner if there was no support in the box.

Back
Top Bottom